Cryptozoology

Started by Ratchetcomand, Mar 07, 2010, 09:34:24 PM

Author
Cryptozoology (Read 40,849 times)

SM

SM

Once they're legitimately discovered.

EDIT - Mal beat me to it.

QuoteScience doesn't explain everything.  God created everything...even some stuff that science can't explain.

Can't explain yet.  And may not explain for some time.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: maledoro on Mar 09, 2010, 03:37:32 AM

If it doesn't pass, it's swept aside until compelling evidence comes along.

That's what I mean about "shouldn't be disregarded." I should have said, "not completely disregarded."

Also, no one try and start an argument about God with EarthHive, I think we've had enough of those, and we all have seen what happens to those threads.

maledoro

maledoro

Quote from: EarthHive on Mar 09, 2010, 03:38:05 AM
Science doesn't explain everything.
No, it doesn't. But it doesn't just fill holes just for the sake of filling holes.

Quote from: EarthHive on Mar 09, 2010, 03:38:05 AM
God created everything...even some stuff that science can't explain.
So you're basing your argument on something else that hasn't been proven. Smooth move.

Quote from: ShadowPred on Mar 09, 2010, 03:40:28 AM
That's what I mean about "shouldn't be disregarded." I should have said, "not completely disregarded."
Again: Cryptozoology just spins its wheels; that is why it must be disregarded.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

I don't think it should' If science can't find any evidence, and it moves on until hard proof is found, then I think that cryptozoology should be kept around. For the people that want to go and find these creatures, despite no physical evidence; cryptozoologists should just keep doing what they're doing in the chance that something hard proof and undeniable is found, even if it means that they will find nothing.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

I always wondered why whenever a picture of a cryptid is taken, the photo is always blurry. To me, that suggests these things aren't real because it's as if the photographer is deliberately doing it.

SM

SM

I don't care what anyone says, I saw that bigfoot footage on In Search Of... when I was a kid it freaked me out and consequently I still find it it oddly compelling.

maledoro

maledoro

Quote from: ShadowPred on Mar 09, 2010, 03:51:46 AM
I don't think it should'
It doesn't matter what you think. It is what it is. Just because you don't like something doesn't mean that empirical evidence should go out the window. There are reasons as to why the Scientific Method was established and why it works.

Quote from: ShadowPred on Mar 09, 2010, 03:51:46 AM
If science can't find any evidence, and it moves on until hard proof is found, then I think that cryptozoology should be kept around. For the people that want to go and find these creatures, despite no physical evidence; cryptozoologists should just keep doing what they're doing in the chance that something hard proof and undeniable is found, even if it means that they will find nothing.
Why are you not getting this? Cryptozoology's methods are flawed. Read the definition of it that I had supplied. The only purposes it has is to line the pockets of some and to give others something to fantasize about. In other words, you're in favor of a swindle.

Quote from: DoomRulz on Mar 09, 2010, 03:54:15 AM
I always wondered why whenever a picture of a cryptid is taken, the photo is always blurry. To me, that suggests these things aren't real because it's as if the photographer is deliberately doing it.
It's to string along people like ShadowPred.

I don't mean to sound harsh, but it is what it is. You admit to liking to be strung along just for fun. The cryptozoologists are either nonscientists or are scientists who are using nonscientific methods. People believe in their methods and they pay money for blurred pics and other manufactured "evidence" instead of exploring the true wonders of the Earth. If they want to fantasize, do it right: read a book on mythology.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

Maybe because no one is able to get close enough to see it.

SM

SM

Every single time?

That Yellow Alien

That Yellow Alien

Them 15 foot tall monkeys are sneaky bastards.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Hellspawn28 on Mar 09, 2010, 04:12:43 AM

They're close enough to get the pic in the first place. They can at least hold a camera steady. Or else, don't bother.

Corporal Lewis Hicks

Corporal Lewis Hicks

Jersey Devil's Are not real. Simple as that.

maledoro

maledoro

We're able to photograph and even capture any animal, no matter how dangerous or elusive it may seem.

Reaper Pred

Reaper Pred

Quote from: Hellspawn28 on Mar 09, 2010, 04:12:43 AM

Not always!

maledoro

maledoro

It's easier for cryptozoologists and their victims believers to make excuses instead of using critical thinking.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed