Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 836,830 times)

Kradan

Kradan

Horner even had spine to tell Cameron and Hurd to f**k off

Prez

Prez

Quote from: SiL on Apr 17, 2024, 09:33:24 PM
Quote from: Kradan on Apr 17, 2024, 10:06:14 AMI also "noticed" the scores of both movies more this time. Aliens' score is quite repetetive, even simplistic - but it does its job well and damn is it memorable.

Scraped together in a couple of weeks out of spare parts, not too bad.

KHAAAAAAAANN!!!

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Watching Rebel Moon part²

WIZARDSxNEVERxDIE

WIZARDSxNEVERxDIE

Conan the Barbarian (1982)

Kradan

Kradan

Alien Covenant

Pros:

- Prologue. Justifies Guy Pearce in old man make-up from Prometheus

- The score

- I actually like the drama between the characters: Oram being insecure captain, tension between him and Daniels, Tennessee, Ricks and Upworth arguing aboard Covenant etc.

- David and every scene with him and Walter. The best villain (apart from the creature itself, of course) the series has given us. Special mention must go to Fasbender v Fassbender scene

- Recontextualisation of Alien as an material embodiment of deeply hidden sexual desires of a psycho android who wants to procreate badly. Pretty Giger-esque if you ask me

- The ending ("Don't let the bedbugs bite")

Cons:

- Mostly unmemorable cast with weak protagonist

- Disposable Aliens. Le sigh

- While I don't hate the third act it's the weakest part of the movie devoid of tension and feels pretty obligatory. Wished that time was rather spent on more philosophical shenanigans

Wysps

Wysps

Dune 2. 
Spoiler
The people shouting "As it is written!" reminded me so much of the guys yelling "God wills it!" from Kingdom of Heaven lol.
[close]
I felt the prologue from the first movie was tedious to get through, so I appreciated getting into the meat of the story in the sequel.  I was never familiar with the series or the original movies, so it was all a surprise going into it. 

Ingwar

Ingwar

Top Gun: Maverick

Prez

Prez

Kung Fu Panda 4 - Probably the weakest of this series yet still entertaining and good family fun.

Ingwar

Ingwar

Anatomy of a Fall

TheDerelict

TheDerelict

Annihilation, for the 10th time I think. No longer have Netflix so I bought on blu ray. Can't get enough of this film. Just brilliant.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Conan the Barbarian (1982)

With the Milius and Schwarzenegger commentary.

Neila

Neila

Speaking of Conan,
funny story during the making of the film:
When they planned the fire effects for the attack on the village, they had to get the approval of the responsible manager of the natural area.
he had rejected everything. When he found out that Ron Cobb was on board, he allowed anything because Alien was his favorite film. :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

And Oliver Stone said the movie had bad sets, costumes, and music.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Abigail

That was a ton of fun.

Cosmic Incubation

Cosmic Incubation

Quote from: KiramidHead on Apr 25, 2024, 11:11:29 PMAbigail

That was a ton of fun.

Been hearing great things about this!
Gonna try and catch a screening soon

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed