SPOILERISH THREAD EVER!!! Do not read post 1!

Started by NGR01, Mar 19, 2012, 02:16:33 PM

Author
SPOILERISH THREAD EVER!!! Do not read post 1! (Read 75,036 times)

ChrisPachi

Quote from: Deuterium on Mar 23, 2012, 10:27:31 PMPersonally, I hope that Ridley simply shows Shaw's character having a temporary "crisis" of Faith.  However, it does NOT automatically follow that such crisis results in loss of Faith.  Very often, one passes through such a crisis with a deeper and stronger understanding / appreciation of their Faith, which fortifies the foundations of their belief.

Faith is lost and rediscovered. It's a meta-trope of every single story you ever read. Personally, I hope Shaw not only loses her faith but is forced to confront her 'god' and kick her stupid ass.

Then become God.

aliennaire

Quote from: Infected on Mar 25, 2012, 10:07:57 AM
Quote from: Lord Freezer on Mar 24, 2012, 01:16:35 PM
similarity:

Where did you get the picture of the apc and the jockey infrastructure in the back??
That picture was a trophy to those who have figured out the password to 245409 page on project Prometheus site. You can find the picture here.

Quote from: NGR01 on Mar 25, 2012, 09:46:00 AM
Quote from: marsekay on Mar 25, 2012, 09:20:48 AM
Quote from: bobcunk on Mar 25, 2012, 06:56:24 AM
is that thing on the blue guys neck his neck or a collar on the suite?

If its holloway, then its his fashionable scarf.
;D

From others pics it seems it's his neck.
Either it's a design thing or because of the prosthetic.
Don't know why, but that shield-like thing at the back of Blue Guy's neck looks as if it's a collar of his suit. His hands are bare, so why this seemingly organic stuff, wrapped around him, can't be a costume?

NGR01

NGR01

His undersuit doesnt seem to have a collar.
But it does seem to cover the rear part of his neck tho.

Infected

Quote from: aliennaire on Mar 25, 2012, 03:56:35 PM
Quote from: Infected on Mar 25, 2012, 10:07:57 AM
Quote from: Lord Freezer on Mar 24, 2012, 01:16:35 PM
similarity:

Where did you get the picture of the apc and the jockey infrastructure in the back??
That picture was a trophy to those who have figured out the password to 245409 page on project Prometheus site. You can find the picture here.

Quote from: NGR01 on Mar 25, 2012, 09:46:00 AM
Quote from: marsekay on Mar 25, 2012, 09:20:48 AM
Quote from: bobcunk on Mar 25, 2012, 06:56:24 AM
is that thing on the blue guys neck his neck or a collar on the suite?

If its holloway, then its his fashionable scarf.
;D

From others pics it seems it's his neck.
Either it's a design thing or because of the prosthetic.
Don't know why, but that shield-like thing at the back of Blue Guy's neck looks as if it's a collar of his suit. His hands are bare, so why this seemingly organic stuff, wrapped around him, can't be a costume?
Thanks a lot.
Thats an amazing shot!! look at how good that all looks.

Eagle-Fire

that huge harkonan structure...........is that what wanders the planets surface laying the ''temples'' ?
didnt the original design from gigers alien artbook feature tracks that it moved along??? im sure valequeen could answer that question......:)

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

It's Valaquen for O'Bannon's sake.

aliennaire

Quote from: NGR01 on Mar 25, 2012, 05:17:21 PM
http://img820.imageshack.us/img820/6152/prometheustlrgh1080pmov.jpg
Probably, but on this picture it looks like a separate from his neck stand-collar, and there was on these boards a gif, showing the Blue Guy around this moment, I seemed to notice he was slightly turning his head, and the collar remained motionless:

But I don't exclude the possibility I can be mistaken, it's hard to make any conclusions upon the darkened and very short fragments off the trailers.  ;)

NGR01

Quote from: Eagle-Fire on Mar 25, 2012, 07:07:30 PM
that huge harkonan structure...........is that what wanders the planets surface laying the ''temples'' ?
didnt the original design from gigers alien artbook feature tracks that it moved along??? im sure valequeen could answer that question......:)

Not sure this DUNE design is in GIGERS ALIEN artbook.
The structure was supposed to be the Harkonnen Castle.
Looks like Giger is the owner of the design and can use them at will.
Scott seized the opportunity to use them.
Some nice infos about this castle here:
http://www.duneinfo.com/unseen/hr-giger.aspx

Quote from: aliennaire on Mar 25, 2012, 07:57:49 PM
Probably, but on this picture it looks like a separate from his neck stand-collar, and there was on these boards a gif, showing the Blue Guy around this moment, I seemed to notice he was slightly turning his head, and the collar remained motionless:
http://i1123.photobucket.com/albums/l546/aliennaire/Prometheus/BlueGuy.jpg
But I don't exclude the possibility I can be mistaken, it's hard to make any conclusions upon the darkened and very short fragments off the trailers.  ;)
Really think it's an effect of the prosthetic.
But wait and see ^^

Eagle-Fire

Quote from: NGR01 on Mar 25, 2012, 08:08:25 PM
Quote from: Eagle-Fire on Mar 25, 2012, 07:07:30 PM

Not sure this DUNE design is in GIGERS ALIEN artbook.
The structure was supposed to be the Harkonnen Castle.
Looks like Giger is the owner of the design and can use them at will.
Scott seized the opportunity to use them.
Some nice infos about this castle here:
http://www.duneinfo.com/unseen/hr-giger.aspx

Quote from: aliennaire on Mar 25, 2012, 07:57:49 PM
http://i1123.photobucket.com/albums/l546/aliennaire/Prometheus/BlueGuy.jpg
Really think it's an effect of the prosthetic.
But wait and see ^^

i think he had done multiple variations of the design , some used in the original alien concept work and another for dune ?? i think its the dune one that features the tracks ?? i just put the design of the dune variation + the fashion in which those '' temples'' are layed out + the nature of biomech + the alien mural giger did with the deralict framing the temple that features the xenomorph life stages .........

i am pretty sure that when scott mentioned DNA he meant that throughout the movie we will notice all of the little parts that go into the genetic make-up of the '' facehugger'' and  the ''xenomorph'' variation that we all know and love :) and im also thinking that everything we have been shown in the trailers,previews, interviews etc etc are alot of the strands of dna that he has mentioned but also know that those little stages and dna strands are not going to be in your face stuff but things for fans of the series to ooo and aaaaaah about ;), without showing the creation process and not really making it a focal point ........except for in the last 12 mins of the movie :)

just some thoughts

and im sorry to say this because it is something ive seen mentioned a few times and its a point i want to put out there.....
on my blueray version of alien the very widepan shot of the area that the deralict is found does indeed feature mountains:) and i would even say the exact same valley that we have seen in the birdseye shot of the sjcraft ......a point someone else had brought up ( kinda) was that indeed the craft that we see explode and roll down the valley might not be the same one featured in the birdseye shot ( which may be the one from alien ) and is explained in the last 8mins as a fan service , i like the theory that somebody mentioned about the craft from alien being piloted by escaping survivors from prometheus :)

just some thoughts ( i like a little speculation )

Ballzanya

Quote from: ChrisPachi on Mar 25, 2012, 01:09:40 PM
Quote from: Deuterium on Mar 23, 2012, 10:27:31 PMPersonally, I hope that Ridley simply shows Shaw's character having a temporary "crisis" of Faith.  However, it does NOT automatically follow that such crisis results in loss of Faith.  Very often, one passes through such a crisis with a deeper and stronger understanding / appreciation of their Faith, which fortifies the foundations of their belief.

Faith is lost and rediscovered. It's a meta-trope of every single story you ever read. Personally, I hope Shaw not only loses her faith but is forced to confront her 'god' and kick her stupid ass.

Then become God.

I agree that the idea of a main character having "fallen from grace" in some way, then seeks some kind of "salvation" or "redemption", is overplayed and pretty lame. (And not simply because those notions seem asinine to me, as an atheist, but because they are tired and overplayed themes, done to death and at the expense of more interesting inner conflict that could be going on with the characters.)

Valaquen

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Mar 25, 2012, 07:08:19 PM
It's Valaquen for O'Bannon's sake.
Shh, don't give me away  :D

Eagle-Fire

jeremy_ray

Quote from: Eagle-Fire on Mar 25, 2012, 08:56:06 PM

and im sorry to say this because it is something ive seen mentioned a few times and its a point i want to put out there.....
on my blueray version of alien the very widepan shot of the area that the deralict is found does indeed feature mountains:) and i would even say the exact same valley that we have seen in the birdseye shot of the sjcraft ......a point someone else had brought up ( kinda) was that indeed the craft that we see explode and roll down the valley might not be the same one featured in the birdseye shot ( which may be the one from alien ) and is explained in the last 8mins as a fan service , i like the theory that somebody mentioned about the craft from alien being piloted by escaping survivors from prometheus :)

just some thoughts ( i like a little speculation )

Oh ho, we need a screen cap for the LV-426 thread!

NGR01

NGR01

Today i got confirmation i will be able to attend the special press screening (showing some scenes in 3D) taking place next week. I think they have to show some impressive stuff to wow and hook the audience but i hope nothing too spoilery.
I NEED to be there for personal reasons but i'm really affraid that they show too much.
Maybe i'll skip the screening... Nah!!! Don't think i can convince myself to do that...
Well whatever happens i'll post a report here :)

Sabres21768

I'm not sure if this has been brought up before, if so, please forgive me. (it's hard to keep track with all the Prometheus threads)

Did anyone else notice the 3 Engineers with David in this pic?
(I know the image refers to them as Jockey's, but it's not my pic)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed