It was what I expected
13 (8.8%)
It fell short for me
16 (10.8%)
It was not good
15 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 148

Author
Sneak Peek with LegionFX Tomorrow - The Last Supper (Read 95,381 times)

Protozoid

Maybe I've seen too many sci-fi movies with crew introductions like this, but I actually found my attention wandering during that clip. These viral clips don't work for me. I loved The Martian but the virals made me cringe. If they aren't going to put as much effort into the ads as they do the movie, then these ads are doing to movie a disservice. I hope that this scene wasn't written by John Logan, directed by Ridley Scott, edited by Pietro Scalia, etc. Even Fassbender seemed to be phoning this one in. Is his Yank accent getting worse over time, or did they not bother to do any ADR for this clip?

All whining aside, it wasn't terrible, just bland and obvious.

salomonj

Quote from: RidgeTop on Feb 23, 2017, 04:02:55 AM
Quote from: slipknotpredator on Feb 23, 2017, 03:43:39 AM
Why would they take a gay couple in this kind of trip?

Attitudes in the future would likely be completely accepting of same sex couples. Reproduction is likely encouraged but not required of colonist couples. Not to mention genetic science will likely allow for same sex couples to be biological couples before too long.

http://time.com/3748019/same-sex-couples-biological-children/
I don't feel like reading the article, but are you implying that homosexuals will be able to reproduce in the future?

KiramidHead

I liked it. The dialogue and characters felt very natural, moreso than in Prometheus.

Xenoscream

Felt a little more forced than natural, but overall I liked it.

The "food ain't that bad" felt akward, it's a prequel bu Ridley Scott, pretty sure we don't need homages.

RidgeTop

Quote from: salomonj on Feb 23, 2017, 04:05:45 AM
Quote from: RidgeTop on Feb 23, 2017, 04:02:55 AM

Attitudes in the future would likely be completely accepting of same sex couples. Reproduction is likely encouraged but not required of colonist couples. Not to mention genetic science will likely allow for same sex couples to be biological couples before too long.

http://time.com/3748019/same-sex-couples-biological-children/
I don't feel like reading the article, but are you implying that homosexuals will be able to reproduce in the future?

I'm not implying that, leading genetic scientists are. I'm no scientist so I'll let them do the implying. Definitely seems plausible though.

BishopShouldGo

The dialogue was bad but everything else was awesome. Walter and Branson were awesome.

And the gay couple. Why not? Yeah it's a colonizing ship, but that doesn't mean...ah never mind.

SM

SM

With a bunch of breeders, a gay couple or two with the requisite skills for the mission is neither here nor there.

I dig.

Fassbenders accent will take a bit of getting used to, though.

skhellter

who wrote this viral "thingy"?

John Logan.. or Luke Scott himself?

NickisSmart

Quote from: SiL on Feb 23, 2017, 03:22:22 AM
That choke out and the dialogue just...

Yeah, I've lost hope for the writing.

Seemed fine to me.

Anthony

Anthony

I'm totally for a gay couple. I think having one actually makes it more realistic.

acrediblesource

Walter isn't as cut and dry as David IMHO. Maybe we will see him do stuff in the movie that make me think otherwise.

skhellter

i'm just glad that they're not taking the homophobes.

BishopShouldGo

Yeah, the gay couple was probably Ridley's idea. It's something he'd do. He likes being progressive.

Walter administering essentials is a nice touch. I love stuff like that. The only line of his that sounded weird was "requisite liquid".

SiL

SiL

QuoteSeemed fine to me.
It's hammy, forced, full of cliches and quotes from Alien, and the fake out is completely unnecessary.

John Doe

Love it, love it, love it.

Good idea to have a gay couple.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed