Just Talk.

Started by Amaterasu, Aug 22, 2013, 02:02:12 AM

Author
Just Talk. (Read 610,905 times)

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Master Chief on Oct 04, 2022, 09:19:28 PMDo you all sleep with the bedroom door open or closed? 

Closed, because otherwise one of the cats climbs on my head in the middle of the night.

Master Chief

Master Chief

haha I see there's a pattern of people keeping their door closed because of cats.   ;D

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: Master Chief on Oct 04, 2022, 09:19:28 PMDo you all sleep with the bedroom door open or closed? 
Closed, otherwise the serial killers notice

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

I prefer open for the air circulation.  If I have the AC on (which I usually do), I keep the window closed.

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

It's Canadian Thanksgiving weekend.

Day of is Monday but dinner will be Sunday because I work Monday, store is closed but me and 2 others will be a skeleton crew.

On the one hand I'm not thrilled about babysitting two guys who don't get along and without any managers or supervisors.

... but double pay... $31 an hour full shift...

"Yea, we're going in aren't we;D " - Parker

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

And got a new episode up, on a horror script called Adrift.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Crazy Rich on Oct 08, 2022, 04:42:15 AMIt's Canadian Thanksgiving weekend.

Day of is Monday but dinner will be Sunday because I work Monday, store is closed but me and 2 others will be a skeleton crew.

On the one hand I'm not thrilled about babysitting two guys who don't get along and without any managers or supervisors.

... but double pay... $31 an hour full shift...

"Yea, we're going in aren't we;D " - Parker

The mrs and I love Umaru!

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

The struggle of anime watchlist growing bigger and bigger is real.

What just caught my attention recently though is NausicaƤ of the Valley of the Wind because the  second dub by Disney (something to do with Miyazaki hating the first dub) has both Mark Hamill and Patrick Stewart. That and the fact I've never seen a Miyazaki film before (well actually I've seen part of one but it was in public school and we didn't finish it so I don't think it counts) I'm feeling like making this an item for the near future.

kwisatz

kwisatz

Miyazaki cares about dubs?

NausicaƤ is one of the greatest things of all time

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

What I read is he derided the first dub from the 80's for how heavily edited it was and probably other problems too.

The 2005 version is uncut and redubbed.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

https://twitter.com/andrewdoyle_com/status/1580872772590239746

https://twitter.com/jackholderAI/status/1580932194310422529

This made me so angry. Two self-entitled, absolutely clueless f*cking dumbshit twats decided to attack a Van Gogh painting, because oil and gas bad for climate. Duh.

The man lived a miserable life of poverty, couldn't even afford a car and didn't contribute anything to climate change.

They're probably so f*cking stupid, they thought because it's an oil painting it's bad for the environment.

Btw. Worth reading the comments on that Just Stop Oil tweet that Jack Holder quoted. They totally destroyed themselves with this dumb stunt.

SiL

SiL

The art is fine.

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

I'd think it's probably a copy.

SiL

SiL

It's behind glass even if it's not.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Nope it's the original. Oil paintings are not normally framed behind glass.

But the varnish should hopefully be able to protect it from the acidity of the tomato.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed