Reproduction Method Official

Started by SuicideDoors, Oct 26, 2007, 08:01:45 AM

Do you like the new addition to the lifecycle?

Love it!
80 (21.6%)
Pretty Cool
135 (36.5%)
I expected more
31 (8.4%)
Hate it
40 (10.8%)
To hell with the makers of AvP: R
30 (8.1%)
Like some aspects of it, but think it contradicts too much.
54 (14.6%)

Total Members Voted: 324

Author
Reproduction Method Official (Read 199,070 times)

Sheriff Eddie Morales

I told many people that something will be f**ked up,but nobody want to listen me!
That new PredAlien hybrid should have been just an one bigger,uglier alien.The PredAlien should have been like in the AVP 2 games,but nobody want to listen.NOBODY!
The directors should have make it like the one from the games.
Not some egg morphing or pukeing in people's mouth to make Chestbusters.
It so f**ked up,i tell ya!
>:(

Sabres21768

Sabres21768

Quote from: ballzanya on Oct 27, 2007, 05:35:01 AM
Quote from: The Chibi Kiriyama on Oct 27, 2007, 05:32:10 AM
It's kind of funny how you both bash us and promote another forum at the same time. :D

Yeah as if saying f**k your forum, ours is better isn't immature.  ::)

I have NEVER seen as much flaming as I've seen in this forum.  It's actually really sad to try and read through.  Yeah, my forum is more mature.  We value a difference of opinion and can DISCUSS it without all the hate mongering that goes on here.  What's ironic is there are FAR more posts from supposed fans about a movie they hate than there are in the thread about the movie they SUPPOSEDLY love.  What the hell is that about?

Uncanny Antman

Quote from: Sabres21768 on Oct 27, 2007, 08:39:20 AM
I have NEVER seen as much flaming as I've seen in this forum.
You've evidently never visited the IMDb forums, then.  ;)

QuoteWhat's ironic is there are FAR more posts from supposed fans about a movie they hate than there are in the thread about the movie they SUPPOSEDLY love.
That isn't irony.  Plus, you know full well there's gonna be more posts about something upcoming than something thirty years old.

Darkness

Darkness

Quote from: Sabres21768 on Oct 27, 2007, 08:39:20 AM
Quote from: ballzanya on Oct 27, 2007, 05:35:01 AM
Quote from: The Chibi Kiriyama on Oct 27, 2007, 05:32:10 AM
It's kind of funny how you both bash us and promote another forum at the same time. :D

Yeah as if saying f**k your forum, ours is better isn't immature.  ::)

I have NEVER seen as much flaming as I've seen in this forum.  It's actually really sad to try and read through.  Yeah, my forum is more mature. 

That's an Alien forum, just like AXP. This is an AvP site. If your forum were getting as much traffic as this one, believe me, the arguments would soar. And yes, as Antman said, go visit the AvP2 Forum on IMDB. You ain't seen nothing until you've gone there.

And anyway, it's to be expected really. This is a pretty big change they're making to the alien life cycle. I'm not too happy about it. It would have been a lot simpler to do egg-morphing. I'm no fan of that but it would have been better than this way.

Stalker

Stalker

There's nothing to say that the oral "rape" isn't what begins the initial egg-morphing process. For all we know, the egg-morphing could actually be to create the developing Queen's "guards", as it was seen in the Director's Cut of Alien that both Brett & Dallas were cocooned, which conflicts with the idea that the drone was breeding a new Queen, possibly suggesting that it may have been becoming one itself.

I suppose we'll have to wait until we see the movie before making any final judgments on whether this actually conflicts with the canon life cycle in any way.

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Quote from: RealKreator on Oct 27, 2007, 07:41:50 AM
Sil is just an asshole, seriously...

Try and be more courteous to fellow forum members, please.

Quoteif they leave holes opened in previous films it's not a bad idea to maybe try to fill them in,

What's set a lot of people off is that, when it came to this, there was no hole, but someone evidently imagined one into existence and tried to fill it in, regardless.

Quotewhich they haven't even done because you can't just assume that if the predalien inpregnates it's victims, that's what happened to Lambert, the complainins about queens not having life cycle's is ridiculous, if that were the case we could also assume Ripley never had a life cycle since in A:R we only see her as a fully grown woman  ::)  I mean they were clones kept in quarantine, besides I doubt they were gonna give hosts for the queen to inpregnate if that fact wasn't even mentioned then so we can just assume they weren't aware of it, but still... having to bring up A:R into arguments shows how desperate and out of arguments

You seriously need to read back over the many pages in this thread before bringing up stuff like that. The main bone of contention isn't that something new has been added to the Alien, it's that the 'something new' in question now renders both natural Queens and egg transformation obselete. What's the point of natural Queens if any adult can simply go away form the nest and become one? What's the point of egging victims if this cheaper, quicker method achieves the same result?

QuoteNow claiming egg morphing to be better than the alien inpregnating a victim... the alien is basically going to rape the person, how is that not disturbing and alien-like? just try to picture an alien mouth-raping a person, if pulled off right it can come out nicely and give us all a new reason to fear aliens.

I agree. I like the concept for that sort of reason. I think what we see will be amazingly iconic. It's just unfortunate that it does what I point out above.

Also, it's basically ripped off from the Tyranid Genestealers. :)

QuoteYou say it doesn't follow continuity, I have yet to see how this breaks continuity, just like Colin said, it is expanding it, we've never seen a young unfully grown queen, and if she can't lay eggs. if a queen has no aliens to protect her, that's not a bad way for her to reproduce and start building a hive, after all... if you haven't seen it before it's because the queens we've seen are already grown up, and can lay eggs, and when they can lay eggs what would be more conventient, to lay an egg and have it find it's victim or have to find hosts, catch them, and rape them?  ???

Yet we had a full statement on the Auriga about how the younger Queens are like. Nothing about this new method. If there was, they would not have needed the other hosts.

Also, see what I've been saying about the eggs. The eggs are her protection. They're a dormant, very lethal minefield. The individual facehuggers can apparently be encouraged to hatch on their own and seek hosts.

The most protective thing any Queen can do is to place itself somewhere safe and away from attention, not seek out confrontation.

Quote from: Dutch Schaefer on Oct 27, 2007, 08:36:36 AM
I told many people that something will be f**ked up,but nobody want to listen me!
That new PredAlien hybrid should have been just an one bigger,uglier alien.The PredAlien should have been like in the AVP 2 games,but nobody want to listen.NOBODY!
The directors should have make it like the one from the games.
Not some egg morphing or pukeing in people's mouth to make Chestbusters.
It so f**ked up,i tell ya!
>:(

But the game version was manky. They looked like apes with really big lower jaws. This one at least looks better than that.

gameoverman

gameoverman

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Oct 27, 2007, 10:05:27 AM
You seriously need to read back over the many pages in this thread before bringing up stuff like that. The main bone of contention isn't that something new has been added to the Alien, it's that the 'something new' in question now renders both natural Queens and egg transformation obselete. What's the point of natural Queens if any adult can simply go away form the nest and become one? What's the point of egging victims if this cheaper, quicker method achieves the same result?

We have to assume there is only a limited amount of times an alien can reproduce that way. 

QuoteYet we had a full statement on the Auriga about how the younger Queens are like. Nothing about this new method. If there was, they would not have needed the other hosts.

That Queen was in captivity.  We don't know how she would have acted if she was free to do anything she wants.

QuoteAlso, see what I've been saying about the eggs. The eggs are her protection. theyr'e a dormant, very lethal minefield. The individual facehuggers can apparently be encouraged to hatch on their own and seek hosts.

It would presumably take some time for the Queen to produce enough eggs to protect her in this way.  In the meantime, she is vulnerable.

QuoteThe most protective thing any Queen can do is to place itself somewhere safe and away from attention, not seek out confrontation.

Yeah but this is not always a given.

QuoteBut the game version was manky. They looked like apes with really big lower jaws. This one at least looks better than that.

It is a reference to the games, though.  I know that most people only know about predaliens through the AVP games.

Gates

Gates

Quote from: gameoverman on Oct 27, 2007, 10:14:04 AM
It would presumably take some time for the Queen to produce enough eggs to protect her in this way.  In the meantime, she is vulnerable.

Where did the idea that a Queen is vulnerable come from? I mean once she reaches the standard alien size(7-8 feet) I see no reason to believe that she can't defend herself as viciously as the rest, and she isn't even full grown yet...

The Ultimate Predator

Quote from: Colin_Strause on Oct 27, 2007, 02:56:07 AM
Quote from: SiL on Oct 27, 2007, 02:54:58 AM
Quote from: Colin_Strause on Oct 27, 2007, 02:53:39 AM
Agreed. The best part about these movies is the passion that the fans have for them, even if we all totally disagree.
See? Isn't he great folks?

Just ... please, for the love of God. Don't make AvP 3.

I have this great idea for a Predator Mind killing weapon. He just looks at an Alien and it explodes... sound great huh?

Hahahaa, I laughed a helluva lot when I read that. Your point about not seeing how a Queen comes about is a good one, so I will patiently wait and see what comes about. Cheers for posting here.

gameoverman

gameoverman

Quote from: Gates on Oct 27, 2007, 10:17:56 AM
Quote from: gameoverman on Oct 27, 2007, 10:14:04 AM

Where did the idea that a Queen is vulnerable come from? I mean once she reaches the standard alien size(7-8 feet) I see no reason to believe that she can't defend herself as viciously as the rest, and she isn't even full grown yet...

Well if she is busy fighting off enemies, she can't lay eggs can she?  Or build a hive to protect her.  See what happens in Aliens when Ripley destroys the hive.

Gates

Gates

Quote from: gameoverman on Oct 27, 2007, 10:22:18 AM
Well if she is busy fighting off enemies, she can't lay eggs can she?  Or build a hive to protect her.  See what happens in Aliens when Ripley destroys the hive.

Oh...you mean in the hive while she's attached to the egg-sack...I thought you meant before that stage, while she was 'younger'...

justaguy

justaguy

To be fair your all arguing about the queen being born a queen, but we don't know for certain if the predalien was born from a queen embryo which would result in a pred-queen. As far to go for regurgitating new aliens where would that make a lot of difference, bursting out a chest makes a much more terrifying ordeal, so i'm gonna have to say I have to say i prefer the original idea as they both come out a body from the inside but bursting is a better scene I think.

Der_Meister

Der_Meister

Just wait till the movie is out.I think it wil be pretty cool to watch Chet impregnating someone

Uncanny Antman

Yeah, it'll be "cool".

I wonder who'll be gagging more...the chick taking an Alien load down her throat, or all the fans of any Alien movie made before 1992?

SiL

SiL

Quote from: The Ultimate Predator on Oct 27, 2007, 10:20:04 AM
Your point about not seeing how a Queen comes about is a good one,
No it isn't. He's no better than the other Aliens fanboys who stick their fingers in their ears and ignore the latter two Alien movies.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed