Side missions still locked!

Started by Engineer, Nov 30, 2013, 12:36:09 AM

Author
Side missions still locked! (Read 4,567 times)

Engineer

Engineer

Ok. So I've posted before asking about how to unlock the side missions. I figured out that I do indeed need to pay $2 to unlock them all. So I did that. And now they're all still locked and there's a message saying I need to complete the previous mission to unlock the side mission.  Only one out of 12 actually unlocked for me: predator side mission 4 "legacy." What the heck!?! I already completed the standard campaign! I remember seeing others post that they had similar issues, so I am asking did anyone figure out how to unlock them all? Or have any advice for me? Other than contact angry mob that is... I'll contact angry mob, sure, but figured I would try here first...

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

I'd definitely recommend contacting Angry Mob, because what you're experiencing doesn't seem normal to me at all.

Engineer

Engineer

Quote from: Xenomrph on Nov 30, 2013, 12:00:04 PM
I'd definitely recommend contacting Angry Mob, because what you're experiencing doesn't seem normal to me at all.
Thanks! I already contacted angry mob, but responses will be delayed due to the holiday. :-(

predxeno

predxeno

HOLY SHIT!!!  I just checked my side missions and not THEY'RE locked, too!!!!  I think Angry Mob Games has sunken to a new low and is actually forcing gamers to pay for continued access to the side missions!!!!  WHAT THE F#$K!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Engineer

Engineer

Quote from: predxeno on Dec 01, 2013, 04:38:29 AM
HOLY SHIT!!!  I just checked my side missions and not THEY'RE locked, too!!!!  I think Angry Mob Games has sunken to a new low and is actually forcing gamers to pay for continued access to the side missions!!!!  WHAT THE F#$K!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yea I know... Double purchase! In my case though, the joke's on them (sort of). I won the game in a give-away contest, and didn't pay for it originally. So I was able to justify paying $2 for the side missions... But come on!! Why are they STILL locked after I paid for them!?!

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

I just checked my copy of the game, my side missions are still unlocked. I really don't know what to say. ???

Engineer

Engineer

Did you pay for the side missions before?

I still haven't heard back from angry mob. I'm thinking about spamming them by sending at least one email a day until I get a reply...

predxeno

predxeno

Quote from: Engineer on Dec 06, 2013, 04:52:06 AM

I still haven't heard back from angry mob. I'm thinking about spamming them by sending at least one email a day until I get a reply...

That's a problem I'm having with them as well. >:(

Engineer

Engineer

Quote from: predxeno on Dec 06, 2013, 04:54:25 AM

That's a problem I'm having with them as well. >:(
Maybe we should both spam them with constant emails...

predxeno

predxeno

Lol, I doubt that will get their attention; they are practically Gearbox for mobile devices, once they have their money, they're through with fans.  I have actually emailed them about a problem I'm experiencing in the Predators game and they never got back to me no matter how many times I inquired.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Nope, I've never bought anything within the app.

Engineer

Engineer

Ok everyone... I have some news to report. Hopefully this is good news to you all. I contacted angry mob immediately after the thanksgiving weekend, and complained about two things:

1) the marksman achievement not unlocking for me.

2) most importantly, the side missions remaining locked even after I paid $2 for them to unlock.

I never heard back from them. This morning, I emailed them again and said that they need to reply to my previous message or I will request a refund from iTunes, give them a poor customer review, and lodge a formal complaint with iTunes regarding the sale of defective products in conjunction with a lack of response to customer concerns. About 10 minutes later, I received this reply:

Dear (name left out for privacy)

I'm sorry those 2 bugs upset you that much.

We are now finishing a new game update, and we'll most probably submit it
tomorrow. It fixes the unlocking side missions bug.

About the marksman achievement, you need to kill 10 guys with a plasma
cannon, in the same level. Did you try that? We checked and it works on our
side.

All the best,
(Name left out for privacy)

Angry Mob Games

So, it looks like we will get an update to fix the bug which keeps the side missions locked even after purchase, but the bad news is it looks like everyone will have to pay for the side missions to have access to them again.

PS. In regards to the marksman achievement, I have played several different missions, killing every enemy with only the plasma cannon, and I have even tried using different cannons. In some cases, I earned over 30 kills in the same mission using JUST the shoulder cannons, and I still have not unlocked this achievement. I'm hoping their update will fix that too, because it's clearly broken on my end. Nonetheless, I can live without one measly achievement. I'll be happy with just getting the side missions really...

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

I'm not sure on that - I still have access to my side missions, and that message from them seems to indicate that their new update would fix the unlocking side missions thing.

Engineer

Engineer

Quote from: Xenomrph on Dec 11, 2013, 02:49:22 AM
I'm not sure on that - I still have access to my side missions, and that message from them seems to indicate that their new update would fix the unlocking side missions thing.
I'm not sure I follow you... I paid for the side missions and they should be unlocked now. They confirmed that an update would be released soon fixing that particular bug.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Perhaps it's only with new players going forward, I never had to buy the side missions and I've had the game since the day it was released.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed