Campaign (+ Side Mission) Help

Started by predxeno, Mar 01, 2013, 10:05:59 PM

Author
Campaign (+ Side Mission) Help (Read 17,936 times)

predxeno

predxeno

^This.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Yeah, I realized that's what happened.

I can get past the first gate fairly consistently, but the second gate is giving me trouble. I don't have the timing down for making it back to the green-flare bunker after hitting the second gate switch without the dropship spotting me. :(

predxeno

predxeno

I got it on the first try; just run back to the bunker and screw all your other worries.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

I've tried that but the dropship guns me down. I think I've just been timing it poorly.

zasz

zasz

Or you could go back and forth between the front and left sides of the second control tower, that's what I did.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: predxeno on Mar 06, 2013, 06:24:03 AM
Spoiler
You need to pounce over the cliff, just hit B while moving.
[close]
What cliff?

Also I got past the dropship part, I just slipped past the barricade at the second gate and then ran like crazy until I got a checkpoint. :P

Edit-- nevermind, got past the self-destruct part.

Ghost Anytime

Ghost Anytime

Has anyone managed to score 3 stars or whatever on pred side mission 2 and the alien side mission where you have to protect the hosts, the predator one is ridiculous I killed 65 people one go and only got two stars, then got 27 executions, but still two stars and in the alien one, I can never save the last host sigh*

zasz

zasz

I got 3 stars on predator side mission 2, when I played I tried to kill as quickly as possible and didn't destroy any of the generators, however I can't be sure if that's what got me 3 stars. I have no idea about the protection missions.

Ghost Anytime

Ghost Anytime

I just got 3 stars on the alien side mission protect the crops, it was incredibly hard, ill explain how I achieved this, firstly do not try to do this mission unless you have a all the body parts of the resurrection alien, as this  is the best build. It is fast enough to get to the enemies while also having enough damage to deal with each enemy quickly, secondly equip long acid spit, this was a game changer for me as I can fight one enemy and spray another, this leaves them in a stun for a bout 4 seconds and can finish of a lot of weaker enemies as well, the range is also quit good, thirdly once you start head towards the middle door as the host next to the door is the last to burst and needs the most protection, essentially cover the hosts that burst last as priority, the 2 furthereast from the main batch will hatch quickly and are allowed to take a bit of damage but just don't let them get destroyed as you need to save every host for the elusive 3 stars,. Also have your rage ability set to max so buy all the upgrades, and buy about 5 or something rage recharges, essessentially just stay near the last host and quickly jump to enemies spray a different enemy and continually use the body slice attack which also hurts nearby enemies.

Quote from: zasz on Mar 09, 2013, 02:07:16 PM
I got 3 stars on predator side mission 2, when I played I tried to kill as quickly as possible and didn't destroy any of the generators, however I can't be sure if that's what got me 3 stars. I have no idea about the protection missions.
did you do a lot of stealth executions or ? I'm so lost with this one

predxeno

predxeno

Quote from: Xenomrph on Mar 08, 2013, 05:45:48 PM
Spoiler
[close]
What cliff?

Also I got past the dropship part, I just slipped past the barricade at the second gate and then ran like crazy until I got a checkpoint. :P

That's for a different level.

Quote from: Ghost Anytime on Mar 10, 2013, 02:19:30 AM
I just got 3 stars on the alien side mission protect the crops, it was incredibly hard, ill explain how I achieved this, firstly do not try to do this mission unless you have a all the body parts of the resurrection alien, as this  is the best build. It is fast enough to get to the enemies while also having enough damage to deal with each enemy quickly, secondly equip long acid spit, this was a game changer for me as I can fight one enemy and spray another, this leaves them in a stun for a bout 4 seconds and can finish of a lot of weaker enemies as well, the range is also quit good, thirdly once you start head towards the middle door as the host next to the door is the last to burst and needs the most protection, essentially cover the hosts that burst last as priority, the 2 furthereast from the main batch will hatch quickly and are allowed to take a bit of damage but just don't let them get destroyed as you need to save every host for the elusive 3 stars,. Also have your rage ability set to max so buy all the upgrades, and buy about 5 or something rage recharges, essessentially just stay near the last host and quickly jump to enemies spray a different enemy and continually use the body slice attack which also hurts nearby enemies.

Thanks, I've been having so much trouble with that side mission.  I still have no idea how to do the Alien Side Mission where you have to survive an endless wave of humans; I did 32 minutes and I still only got 2 stars.

EDIT: What the heck?  It says I got 3 stars for the cocoon mission, did my game just glitch?

Lamb

Lamb

Hey,

I'm in the fairly early stages of the game, and I'm just after a control tip...

When you see the skull icon indicating you can finish off a victim, you press it and are shown various arrows. I'm on the Predator now, and see three arrows pointing out. How do I actually complete that finishing move? I'd assume that the arrows indicate what direction to  move the control bit to finish him off, but that doesn't seem to work. Whenever I press anything my victim just gets released. I'm clearly doing something wrong... What am I supposed to do?

Thanks for any help!I'm enjoying the game generally. :)

predxeno

predxeno

You're supposed to slide your finger in one of the arrow directions.

Lamb

Lamb

But on which part of the screen? On one of the arrows, or one of the corner buttons?

predxeno

predxeno

Any one of the three arrows; each lead to a different Kill Move.

Ghost Anytime

Ghost Anytime

Quote from: predxeno on Mar 10, 2013, 03:05:10 AM
Quote from: Xenomrph on Mar 08, 2013, 05:45:48 PM
Spoiler
[close]
What cliff?

That's for a different level.

Quote from: Ghost Anytime on Mar 10, 2013, 02:19:30 AM

Thanks, I've been having so much trouble with that side mission.  I still have no idea how to do the Alien Side Mission where you have to survive an endless wave of humans; I did 32 minutes and I still only got 2 stars.

EDIT: What the heck?  It says I got 3 stars for the cocoon mission, did my game just glitch?
which alien side mission if its the wave one I think you have to get to wave 15 or something, I still have no idea how to get 3 stars on the predator side mission 2

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed