Started by aliensetta, May 11, 2007, 07:48:52 PM

Do you like country music?

Yes
No
Author
Country Music? (Read 12,073 times)

Darth_Spud

Darth_Spud

Well it's a well-known fact that Kurt was a fan of the Meat Puppets. There's defiantly some country influence in Nirvana especially on the Unplugged album

The Demon

The Demon

Quote from: arachnophilia on Sep 21, 2007, 09:38:43 AM
Quote from: The Wolf on Sep 20, 2007, 09:43:50 PM
Quote from: arachnophilia on Sep 20, 2007, 07:53:13 PM
Quote from: The Wolf on Sep 20, 2007, 07:30:06 PM
Great point but if you put it that way, I'd say they are more pop. Poppy alternative.

i'm under the impression that in order to be "pop," you have to be popular. which means people have to like you.

No. Pop I meant catchy. For example their rock star song. People don't listen to it because its "rock". They listen to it because its catchy and they "want to be a rock star"

dude, that was a joke. i know what you mean.

Quote from: The Wolf on Sep 20, 2007, 09:43:50 PMBut anyway, I don't think my opinion will ever change. Theres nothing that will ever get me into country. I have it sorted when it comes to music. I'm into rock/grunge/metal. Grunge being a 90's rock. Very poppy but very metalic.Classic example: Nirvana. My favorite band. I love them because its perfect band for me. I love every aspect of them. Other people might hate them or have negative opinions about them but that just goes to show that inviduals have different prefences for music.

ok, well, here's the question then. do you hear the country influence in nirvana's music?

I don't see any influences of country in Nirvana's music. They were influenced by The Sounds and the punk rock shows in downtown Kurt could go to get away. There could be but its also very unlikely when he made fun of country at his shows. He imatated Lynard Skynard at MTV Unplugged. I enjoy all his acoustic music but he has a song by Led Belly he played on MTV Unplugged. I don't know too much about Led Belly (which could possibly be country) but I did enjoy Nirvana's cover along with with everything else. 

arachnophilia

arachnophilia

Quote from: The Wolf on Sep 21, 2007, 10:33:00 AM
I don't see any influences of country in Nirvana's music. They were influenced by The Sounds and the punk rock shows in downtown Kurt could go to get away. There could be but its also very unlikely when he made fun of country at his shows. He imatated Lynard Skynard at MTV Unplugged. I enjoy all his acoustic music but he has a song by Led Belly he played on MTV Unplugged. I don't know too much about Led Belly (which could possibly be country) but I did enjoy Nirvana's cover along with with everything else. 

see above, regarding the meat puppets. you also mention lynard skynard.

oh, and led zepellin, apparently. none are really country themselves, but obviously influenced by country. it's there, if you listen for it.

The Demon

The Demon

Ok. So your saying Nirvana was influenced by country because what influenced them was influenced by country. If thats correct, almost every rock band could be influenced by country.

I still don't see what the point is. I love Nirvana and hate country. Thats mine.

CELTICPRED

CELTICPRED

Dude, if you don't like country, then just stay out.

There's no need to start shit on the f**king internet.

I'm a metalhead yet I love country.

Love Brooks and Dunn's new song though.

The Demon

The Demon

Quote from: CELTICPRED on Sep 21, 2007, 11:01:31 PM

I'm a metalhead yet I love country.

Love Brooks and Dunn's new song though.

Maby you should read through the discussion. I originally stated my opinions. "Country Music?" isn't that a question wether or not you like it? I am not starting shit. Seems like you are. I respect people's preferences. But its not alright for me to state my opinion of the topic? Anyways, I was just discussing with another member. I stated my opinions, he replied and the discussion began. Theres no negative comments I made to anyone. I never bashed anyone for liking Country. All I did was state my opinion. Sorry.  :-\

arachnophilia

arachnophilia

Quote from: The Wolf on Sep 21, 2007, 07:46:33 PM
Ok. So your saying Nirvana was influenced by country because what influenced them was influenced by country. If thats correct, almost every rock band could be influenced by country.

yes, actually, they were, though not so many quite as directly. you usually have to go back to elvis. :D

Quote from: The Wolf on Sep 21, 2007, 07:46:33 PMI still don't see what the point is. I love Nirvana and hate country. Thats mine.

and you're welcome to your opinion. i just thought it was odd that one of your favourite bands evidently liked as influenced by something you hate.

uh, you're the one starting shit here. we were having an intelligent and level-headed discussion until you came along. threads don't have to be ass-kissing contests. disagreement and personal preference are allowed.

The Demon

The Demon

Quote from: arachnophilia on Sep 22, 2007, 06:31:37 PM
Quote from: The Wolf on Sep 21, 2007, 07:46:33 PM

yes, actually, they were, though not so many quite as directly. you usually have to go back to elvis. :D

Quote from: The Wolf on Sep 21, 2007, 07:46:33 PMI still don't see what the point is. I love Nirvana and hate country. Thats mine.

and you're welcome to your opinion. i just thought it was odd that one of your favourite bands evidently liked as influenced by something you hate.

uh, you're the one starting shit here. we were having an intelligent and level-headed discussion until you came along. threads don't have to be ass-kissing contests. disagreement and personal preference are allowed.

Yeah I see your points. But I know for a fact that country wasn't their main influence.

But it seems funny that I'd love something but hate its influence.. The thing is, they were influenced by many things but seem nothing like their influences. Main example: The Sounds.  ???

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed