Which Predator film had the best Predator/Predators?

Started by LastSurvivor92, May 29, 2014, 12:58:45 AM

Which Predator film had the best Predator/Predators?

Predator
14 (43.8%)
Predator 2
11 (34.4%)
Predators
1 (3.1%)
AVP
0 (0%)
AVPR
6 (18.8%)

Total Members Voted: 32

Author
Which Predator film had the best Predator/Predators? (Read 3,530 times)

SiL

Quote from: happypred on Jun 04, 2014, 06:04:57 AM
What do you think? Do you think the alien had any idea of the escape craft's function...or did it simply decide to hang out where the noise wasn't as loud? A third explanation would be that the alien was indifferent to the noise and it was all chance.
Considering it was [meant to be] dying I go for the "noise" explanation.

QuoteConsider the fact that the alien never turned its back on any human and allowed him/her ample time to work harm on it. Why did it suddenly do this with Lambert and Parker? If I've eliminated a few smaller, weaker opponents with the aid of surprise, I wouldn't assume I'd be impervious to one attacking me from behind. A stupid or careless creature might make this mistake...but a highly intelligent one wouldn't. 
Why do you assume it thought it was impervious? If it did, it wouldn't have bothered knocking Parker out of the air mid-lunge. The thing likely knew exactly where Parker was {Scott took the eyes off it so you wouldn't know where it was looking) and didn't care: if he tried anything, it could deal with him. As it did.

QuoteThe movie could've ended right there if Parker had been more of a douche
What would the Alien facing Parker do if he opened up with the flame-thrower?

happypred

Quote from: SiL on Jun 04, 2014, 06:44:08 AMConsidering it was [meant to be] dying I go for the "noise" explanation.
Sounds reasonable.

Either of these two sounds reasonable: pure luck or luck (in finding its way into the Narcissus) + noise (why it stays in the Narcissus)

QuoteWhy do you assume it thought it was impervious?
. . .
So it thought Parker could hurt it, but it disregarded the risk?

Look, it turned its back on Parker because (A) it thought Parker would be unable to hurt it, (B) it thought Parker would be able to hurt it but it exposed itself to the risk anyway, or (C) it didn't think that much, it was simply acting on whatever instinct possessed it at the moment 

If the alien were really that smart, it would swiftly kill Parker (the larger, stronger, more aggressive individual) and save Lambert for dessert. That's called prioritising your targets, a sign of high intelligence. 

QuoteWhat would the Alien facing Parker do if he opened up with the flame-thrower?
Attempt to incapacitate/kill him swiftly? Make itself a hard target by moving around? Maybe even dodge the flames? Kill Parker before he's able to saturate him with flames (after all, it's better to be hosed with fire for a shorter time)? Come on now...seeing the danger as it comes is much better than being blind-sided

SiL

Quote from: happypred on Jun 04, 2014, 10:32:07 AM
Come on now...seeing the danger as it comes is much better than being blind-sided
Again, you're assuming it would be blind-sided. Which it wasn't when Parker jumped for it. It likely knew exactly where he was the whole time, it didn't need to be facing him to sense him.

AliceApocalypse

Randomizer

Wolf truly was a badass in the movie and I really liked his mask but I vote for Scar beacuse I liked the first film more .

LastSurvivor92

LastSurvivor92

Quote from: Randomizer on Jun 05, 2014, 03:06:07 PM
Wolf truly was a badass in the movie and I really liked his mask but I vote for Scar beacuse I liked the first film more .

This poll is based simply on the Predators in the films not the films themselves.

Quote from: AliceApocalypse on Jun 04, 2014, 06:56:26 PM
P2

What made the Predators in P2 special though besides the ones that were hunting people in the city and the one that was chasing Danny Glover's character there really wasn't anything special. Scar and Wolf were more appealing.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed