Which Predator film had the best Predator/Predators?

Started by LastSurvivor92, May 29, 2014, 12:58:45 AM

Which Predator film had the best Predator/Predators?

Predator
14 (43.8%)
Predator 2
11 (34.4%)
Predators
1 (3.1%)
AVP
0 (0%)
AVPR
6 (18.8%)

Total Members Voted: 32

Author
Which Predator film had the best Predator/Predators? (Read 3,531 times)

happypred

Quote from: Master on May 30, 2014, 10:25:26 AM
His apperence was cool, I admitt.

Yes it is, with his mask

Scree

No way. When Wolf shredded that Alien with the whip that was awesome. Or when he shot the two guys' heads off like a boss. Not to mention when two Aliens jumped him in the sewers and held him underwater for a few seconds and then he rises from the water holding them by theirs necks because he is the biggest badass there is and don't even think about trying to tell me the Aliens could've just used their tails and then bla bla bla...I don't care. That was one of the greatest moments in film history. When Wolf pierced his spear into that Alien from behind it's backhead and out through it's mouth. Classic. So much great stuff. It's a Predator fanboy's dream. In the end it took a Predalien's tail though his chest and an atomic bomb to stop him. OK, I have to stop now or I'll never get done here.

All the other Predators don't even come close the the Wolf's awesomeness. None of them do the stuff that he does. You also get to see him do everything all the time because they don't hide him like the typical movie monster and just reveal him for the last part at the end. That was perfect because he's the hero of AVP:R and no one else.
Scar and Celtic come close because they also fought Aliens and not just humans and I have tio give Scar extra points because he also fought an Alien Queen, which is pretty much godlike, on top of having sliced up Aliens with his throwing star, having shot lots of Aliens with plasma, killing humans and so on.

So I would rank the Predators like this:

1. Wolf
2. Scar
3. all the rest

AVP:Requiem Forever, bitches.  ;D

Master

Quote from: Scree on May 31, 2014, 07:30:27 AM
No way. When Wolf shredded that Alien with the whip that was awesome. Or when he shot the two guys' heads off like a boss. Not to mention when two Aliens jumped him in the sewers and held him underwater for a few seconds and then he rises from the water holding them by theirs necks because he is the biggest badass there is and don't even think about trying to tell me the Aliens could've just used their tails and then bla bla bla...I don't care. That was one of the greatest moments in film history. When Wolf pierced his spear into that Alien from behind it's backhead and out through it's mouth. Classic. So much great stuff. It's a Predator fanboy's dream. In the end it took a Predalien's tail though his chest and an atomic bomb to stop him. OK, I have to stop now or I'll never get done here.

All the other Predators don't even come close the the Wolf's awesomeness. None of them do the stuff that he does. You also get to see him do everything all the time because they don't hide him like the typical movie monster and just reveal him for the last part at the end. That was perfect because he's the hero of AVP:R and no one else.
Scar and Celtic come close because they also fought Aliens and not just humans and I have tio give Scar extra points because he also fought an Alien Queen, which is pretty much godlike, on top of having sliced up Aliens with his throwing star, having shot lots of Aliens with plasma, killing humans and so on.

1. Wolf
2. Scar
3. all the rest

It is. Wet and smelly. Not my kind of stuff.

LastSurvivor92

Quote from: Scree on May 31, 2014, 07:30:27 AM

1. Wolf
2. Scar
3. all the rest

Dude you described Wolf's awesomeness completely in one paragraph. I'm impressed, I would of said the same things. Even though the film itself sucked its one redeeming quality Wolf was the best thing out of it and it ended up having a slight cult following with the Predator fans. As I am a Alien fanatic and only follow the Alien films, I don't know a WHOLE lot about the Predator's Mythology. Wolf also was the only one designated to deal with this Alien infestation. He didn't have any help or backup to assist him. It was either do or die for him. So there was a sense of panic and energy that came with his act. One of my favorite features about Wolf that I liked was his Whip. That was badass!! especially when he tears that Alien in half with it. Also the fact that most of the film took place in the rain and at night bad him more ferocious. AVPR was shit but it certainly had the most superior Predator for sure!!

blood.

Wolf is indeed a badass no question. The aliens were extremely dangerous as always they just looked inferior next to wolfie.

SiL

The only reason Wolf's alive in the second half of the movie is the PredAlien saves him from his own stupidity :laugh:

OpenMaw

Wolf reminds me of the song "Special Olympics" by Stephen Lynch.

Then again, so did the aliens. They really weren't that impressively dangerous. They picked off a lot of scared and confused civilians, and some woefully naive national guard (A wasted opportunity, imho.)

The Predator in the first film is the most impressive to me. He was defeated, as all Predator's seem to be, by his own ego, but he was legitimately imposing, threatening, even a bit scary. One of my favorite images in that movie is a bloody faced Arnold as he whimpers and crawls away from the Predator. I had just seen The Terminator before I saw Predator. THE TERMINATOR is pathetically and desperately crawling away from the Predator. I mean, just look at the way the Predator is following Dutch as he's crawling. That slow, patient, walk.

Anytime earned his arrogance. He wiped out an entire unit of green berets, then Dutch's SOU, and had a reputation in the jungle according to Anna. Dutch was the only one to turn that around on him, and that is impressive.

Out of Dutch's entire unit, only Mac was able to score ONE hit on this thing in the entire film. One glancing hit out of literally thousands of rounds. Billy, the only guy who I thought had a chance of standing up to the Predator, doesn't even merit an on screen death the Predator dispatches him so quickly.

Hands down, the first Predator is the best predator. ...Anytime. ;)

happypred

Quote from: OpenMaw on Jun 02, 2014, 11:26:13 PMThen again, so did the aliens. They really weren't that impressively dangerous. They picked off a lot of scared and confused civilians, and some woefully naive national guard (A wasted opportunity, imho.)

This is exactly what the alien in Alien does

OpenMaw

Quote from: happypred on Jun 03, 2014, 07:43:30 AM
Quote from: OpenMaw on Jun 02, 2014, 11:26:13 PMThen again, so did the aliens. They really weren't that impressively dangerous. They picked off a lot of scared and confused civilians, and some woefully naive national guard (A wasted opportunity, imho.)

This is exactly what the alien in Alien does

And? Way to cherry pick one thing I said. That's not impressive. It was frightening the first time because they had no chance in Hell of stopping it. In an open environment the aliens were on par with slasher monsters, and they stood no chance against the Predator whenever the two met toe-to-toe.

happypred

Quote from: OpenMaw on Jun 03, 2014, 09:09:58 PMAnd? Way to cherry pick one thing I said.

You're complaining about how the aliens aren't impressively dangerous in AvP-R because they're only picking off frightened civilians.

I'm pointing out that by your definition of "impressively dangerous", the original alien in Alien doesn't qualify as impressively dangerous. The original alien moves rather slowly and its opposition only consists of a few terrified civilians.

The original alien is far from an efficient killer. It seems to be more of a sadistic killer than an efficient one, almost as if it feeds off its victim's fear. It risks being roasted by Parker from behind as it slowly torments Lambert. This is arguably as stupid as Wolf's little strip show in front of the Predalien.

Wolf would likely stomp the original alien in similar fashion to how he does actually stomp the AvP-R aliens.

SiL

If the Alien knew what a flame-thrower is that might be a fair comparison, but the thing was less than 24 hours old and had only ever "seen" someone holding one, let alone use it.

happypred

Quote from: SiL on Jun 04, 2014, 02:50:22 AM
If the Alien knew what a flame-thrower is that might be a fair comparison, but the thing was less than 24 hours old and had only ever "seen" someone holding one, let alone use it.

...but then we have Alien fans saying that the alien recognises the klaxon noise as a sign of danger (despite no prior experience with klaxon alarms) and purposefully stows away on the escape craft (despite no prior experience with escape craft)

If that's the case, surely this intelligent alien Alien fans love to rave about would recognise a flamethrower as a potential weapon?

If not, it's still rather stupid (or careless) of the alien to turn its back on a potentially dangerous hostile

SiL

Quote from: happypred on Jun 04, 2014, 05:17:30 AM
...but then we have Alien fans saying that the alien recognises the klaxon noise as a sign of danger (despite no prior experience with klaxon alarms) and purposefully stows away on the escape craft (despite no prior experience with escape craft)
Some, sure. Most people think it either got lucky, or went into the one part of the ship that wasn't full of loud noise.

QuoteIf not, it's still rather stupid (or careless) of the alien to turn its back on a potentially dangerous hostile
Every human it had encountered was easy pickings and hadn't even fought back. Why would it assume any other human it met would be dangerous?

It's not as dumb as Wolf's strip.

OpenMaw

Quote from: happypred on Jun 04, 2014, 02:31:11 AM
You're complaining about how the aliens aren't impressively dangerous in AvP-R because they're only picking off frightened civilians.

...And little else. In the three Alien movies we see them take on everything from hapless truckers in an air-tight environment, to a group of space marines, to hardened career criminals. in AvP:R the aliens are unable to stand up to their other screen titan in any way whatsoever.

I have no issue with Wolf killing aliens. I have issue with the way Wolf goes about it. Stepping on an aliens head, not getting acid splash? Bullshit. Holding two aliens at bay and not getting messed up? Bullshit. Blasting an alien at point blank range and not getting a face full of acid? Bullshit. Taking the time to rip off bits of useless gear while the Predalien gawks? Bullshit.

That's what made the original comic so great. The first Alien V Predator encounter, with Noguchi literally caught in the middle is built up to, and the result is great. The Predator drops in, purely confident in it's endeavour, takes down a couple aliens, and summarily get's his ass handed to him for being over-zealous. He's neither a pushover, nor is he a God. He's a Predator same as any other, and the aliens aren't left looking like total derpoids. Then again, the Predator was also sporting special alien combat gear and a heavy-weapon of some kind to deal with the aliens. Not just a cosplay of City Hunter.

A damn good example of handling Alien and Predator action can be found in SiL's fan script( http://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=34423.msg1631488#msg1631488 ), which is a damn sight better than anything Fox has done with either of these monsters for a long time.

happypred

Quote from: SiL on Jun 04, 2014, 05:24:24 AMSome, sure. Most people think it either got lucky, or went into the one part of the ship that wasn't full of loud noise.

What do you think? Do you think the alien had any idea of the escape craft's function...or did it simply decide to hang out where the noise wasn't as loud? A third explanation would be that the alien was indifferent to the noise and it was all chance.

I like the noise explanation. It explains why the alien stays in the Narcissus (almost looks like it's taking a nap) but it doesn't require us to believe that the alien somehow knew of the Narcissus' function as an escape craft.

Most likely, the alien found the Narcissus by chance and was inclined to hang out there because it was less noisy. 

QuoteEvery human it had encountered was easy pickings and hadn't even fought back. Why would it assume any other human it met would be dangerous?
A better question would be...why would it assume that "they haven't managed to hurt me yet = they can't hurt me from behind". If the alien only has "cunning beast" intelligence, I'd let this slide, but most Alien fans argue that Kane's Son exhibits amazing intelligence. Yeah...I'm not seeing it.

Consider the fact that the alien never turned its back on any human and allowed him/her ample time to work harm on it. Why did it suddenly do this with Lambert and Parker? If I've eliminated a few smaller, weaker opponents with the aid of surprise, I wouldn't assume I'd be impervious to one attacking me from behind. A stupid or careless creature might make this mistake...but a highly intelligent one wouldn't. 

QuoteIt's not as dumb as Wolf's strip.
Sure, it's still dumb though. The movie could've ended right there if Parker had been more of a douche 

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed