6 (15%)
A Replicant
2 (5%)

Total Members Voted: 40

Author
Michael Bishop (Read 17,432 times)

Frosty Venom

Frosty Venom

I see Michael Bishop as being a descendant of Charles Bishop Weyland but that's just me. I'm curious as to what everyone else's opinion on this is.

So, who is Michael Bishop?

If you have any other theories please put them down below and I'll add them to the options.

The Old One

The Old One

The Weyland bloodline ended with the deaths of Peter Weyland and Meredith Vickers.

"Born in NY, 2127, Bishop was an engineering prodigy drawn to cybernetics.
Besides being responsible for three separate lines of AP-
the first his namesake series, was present a both alien interactions recorded in 2179.
Michael Bishop led a generation of scientists through advances in biomechanical development.
He was a strong proponent of human enhancement, creating and personally utilizing a number of his innovations-
bone strength plating, circulatory nano upgrades and second-system adrenaline reinforcement, among others.
Michael Bishop volunteered to lead the medical evacuation team to Fiorina 161."

Michael Bishop is human.

Frosty Venom

Frosty Venom

It is currently not known whether Vickers had a child back on Earth/Luna/Mars or not.

I agree he is human but its more fun to leave the debate open.

TheBATMAN

TheBATMAN

He's just who he is says he is. No relation to CBW who doesn't exist in Alien canon for me.

Frosty Venom

Frosty Venom

Quote from: TheBATMAN on Oct 14, 2018, 01:10:46 PM
He's just who he is says he is. No relation to CBW who doesn't exist in Alien canon for me.

Fair enough. If you don't consider AVP canon then it's not possible for him to be a descendant of Charles. But perhaps a descendant of Peter/Vickers?

SM

SM

He's just a dude who makes robots.

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

Yep, just a human who makes robots, and depending on which version you saw, has a dangling ear  :laugh:

The Old One

The Old One

The cybernetic implants helped with that.  ;D

SM

SM

Quote from: The Cruentus on Oct 15, 2018, 12:07:29 AM
Yep, just a human who makes robots, and depending on which version you saw, has a dangling ear  :laugh:

He has a dangling ear in every version.

The Old One

The Old One

Truth.

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

Really? haven't noticed that, I thought you only saw the blood and wound in the AC version.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: SM on Oct 14, 2018, 11:05:44 PM
He's just a dude who makes robots.

He seemed a little too emotionally invested in the alien to be just some dude who makes robots.  That doesn't mean he's a Weyland though.

SM

SM

Quote from: The Cruentus on Oct 15, 2018, 02:01:15 AM
Really? haven't noticed that, I thought you only saw the blood and wound in the AC version.

The big "NOOO!" shot.

Huggs

Huggs

He was a dirty rat, but I was heart-felt sorry for him near the end to be honest. Poor guy took a hell of a hit, and a dirty one too. Came all that way for nothing, and got clobbered.

Frosty Venom

Frosty Venom

If you had to put AVP into your canon then would you consider him a descendant? Or is the similar appearance and Bishop link just a massive coincidence?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed