Alien TV Series From Noah Hawley and Ridley Scott CONFIRMED

Started by Nukiemorph, Dec 10, 2020, 11:03:29 PM

Author
Alien TV Series From Noah Hawley and Ridley Scott CONFIRMED (Read 214,794 times)

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Crossing my fingers that if we do ever get a Covenant followup, it is on screen and actually helmed by Ridley. I have no problem with adapting abandoned ideas into other formats (I'm really enjoying reading Pat Cadigan's adaptation of William Gibson's first draft at the moment), but so much of the appeal of Covenant for me lies in the execution of the material in the film itself. On paper, before the film released, I hated most of Covenant's core concepts – David as creator of the Alien chief among them (I ended up spoiling myself on just about everything in the film before its release, fully expecting to hate it), which left me all the more perplexed as I found myself sitting there in the theater, seeing the things I read and hated playing out... and loving them.

Then again, Gibson's Alien 3 is a script I don't quite like, and I'm having fun with the book as a sort of historical "What If?" so I guess a novelization of a hypothetical Covenant sequel would be better than nothing. I think I'd rather see a collection treatments, notes, "Ridleygrams," etc. though.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Sep 14, 2021, 12:49:52 PM
Then again, Gibson's Alien 3 is a script I don't quite like, and I'm having fun with the book as a sort of historical "What If?" so I guess a novelization of a hypothetical Covenant sequel would be better than nothing. I think I'd rather see a collection treatments, notes, "Ridleygrams," etc. though.

I'd quite happily stomach something like that.

Nightmare Asylum

On that note, I would love a whole "Ridleygram" book (or series of books?) collecting his storyboards and chronicling all of his sci-fi works; Alien, Blade Runner, Prometheus, The Martian, Alien: Covenant, Raised by Wolves... and whatever he may be up to on this show.

Evanus

I just want another film. Or TV show. Sure, a comic would be better than nothing. But so much of what could make it special would be gone - Scott's directing, Fassbender's performance, visuals, soundtrack, etc.

I get that they're probably not willing to let Scott do whatever he wants, but not doing anything with it and just leaving the story open like this would be awful.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Evanus on Sep 14, 2021, 05:32:47 PM
I just want another film. Or TV show. Sure, a comic would be better than nothing. But so much of what could make it special would be gone - Scott's directing, Fassbender's performance, visuals, soundtrack, etc.

I get that they're probably not willing to let Scott do whatever he wants, but not doing anything with it and just leaving the story open like this would be awful.

Aye. Even if they just retcon it immediately afterwards, what I really want to see is one last stab at it from Scott to finish off his prequel story on screen... whatever that may entail.

Nukiemorph

At this point, I just want the prequels to stay canon, even if the show or future movies awkwardly course correct and establish that David didn't actually create the aliens.

I know how the canon argument goes around here, but I want to enjoy the whole series as a continuity, not a series of false starts and abandoned ideas like the Terminator franchise.

bigchap

Quote from: Nukiemorph on Sep 14, 2021, 06:52:37 PM
At this point, I just want the prequels to stay canon, even if the show or future movies awkwardly course correct and establish that David didn't actually create the aliens.

I know how the canon argument goes around here, but I want to enjoy the whole series as a continuity, not a series of false starts and abandoned ideas like the Terminator franchise.

I agree. I like the prequels, so of course I want them (a) to remain canon, and (b) to be concluded with a third film.

Maybe if Ridley's two new movies, The Last Duel and House of Gucci, do well enough, he'll be given the greenlight to make the third prequel.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Post-Kitbag, of course...

...and post-whatever he's contributing to Raised by Wolves moving forward...

...and post-whatever he's contributing to this show...

...Ridley is busy. :D

But yeah, please, more than anything else, I really want to see that Covenant sequel before the Alien franchise moves on to whatever its next course is.

Worth noting that The Last Duel and Kitbag are both being done for 20th Century Studios, so he's definitely still working in their circle on some of his projects at least.

Baron Von Marlon

At his age, he should quit caring so much.
Lie to the studio, pitch something a little cheesy the studio would certainly go for, only to change everything right before shooting, doing whatever he wants, when studio asks questions he lies, he continues doing what he wants, studio complains and asks more questions, "Oh, I was confused because I'm old. Increase funding and I'll fix everything", studio goes along, Riddles lied again and continues making the movie how he sees fit, by the time the studio realizes what's been going on they have no other option to release the movie because of all the money spent.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Sep 14, 2021, 07:57:56 PM
Worth noting that The Last Duel and Kitbag are both being done for 20th Century Studios, so he's definitely still working in their circle on some of his projects at least.

Kitbag was originally with 20th Century Studios but during The Last Duel's post-production the film went over to Apple Studios.

I don't know the reason for this but it's possible that there may have been some conflict between Scott and 20th/Disney. This is just wild speculation mind you, it could have been for any other number of reasons as well.

bigchap

Post-Kitbag, of course...

I didn't even know about that one...Busy guy!

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Sep 15, 2021, 04:14:16 PM

Kitbag was originally with 20th Century Studios but during The Last Duel's post-production the film went over to Apple Studios.

I don't know the reason for this but it's possible that there may have been some conflict between Scott and 20th/Disney. This is just wild speculation mind you, it could have been for any other number of reasons as well.

Nothing a little "Merlin" can't fix. ;)

David Weyland

Whatever happens what really matters is the Covenant is currently safely still on course for Origae 6.
Always was going to take 7 years anyway so

bigchap

Quote from: David Weyland on Sep 16, 2021, 12:09:42 AM
Whatever happens what really matters is the Covenant is currently safely still on course for Origae 6.
Unfortunately, Fassbender is aging while David is not. So if we do get a follow up film, they might have to do some de-aging to Fassbender (unless they come up with a reason that a synthetic might age? We do know his mind is somewhat malfunctioning - maybe his body will degrade, too).

Mr. Clemens

Quote from: bigchap on Sep 16, 2021, 04:14:23 PM
Quote from: David Weyland on Sep 16, 2021, 12:09:42 AM
Unfortunately, Fassbender is aging while David is not. So if we do get a follow up film, they might have to do some de-aging to Fassbender (unless they come up with a reason that a synthetic might age? We do know his mind is somewhat malfunctioning - maybe his body will degrade, too).

His hair grows!  :)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed