Alien TV Series From Noah Hawley and Ridley Scott CONFIRMED

Started by Nukiemorph, Dec 10, 2020, 11:03:29 PM

Author
Alien TV Series From Noah Hawley and Ridley Scott CONFIRMED (Read 214,744 times)

Mr. Clemens

So happy that I've had neither the time nor the energy to go down any of the rabbit holes that Mr. Blob appears to have gone down; Alien, 'My Little Pony', or otherwise. All you Alien fans seem a largely sensible lot, to me.

Leggs.obj

Who do you think they're going to get to handle the effects? Personally I think xenos have always been ADI's strong suit, and would love to see them back.

The 4 armed Maquette that was whipped up for Blomkamps canceled project would really make a great jumping off point to bring Gigers creature into the modern era.

Nightmare Asylum

I wasn't a fan of the extra arms themselves but the overall design philosophy of the maquette did indeed look great. Aliens in general are much more in ADI's wheelhouse than Predators are, I'd say, and if asked to bring a more Giger-esque Alien to life than they have in the past (as they were being asked of in Blomkamp's outing, it seems), I believe that ADI would be able to handle it. I've loved their work on Alien 3 (their most Giger-esque to date) and Alien: Resurrection (fleshy walking cockroaches that they are, which was appropriate to the story being told). Alien vs Predator is just lazily repainted Resurrection Aliens, which look woefully out of place in AVP, and AVPR is... well, everything in that is pretty awful, but those issues trickle all the way up to the filmmakers calling the shots and the dwindling budgets that they had to work with as well.

I also would be pretty down to see Odd do some practical Alien work again as well, even if it is just material used for reference on set a la their work in Alien: Covenant. I do ultimately expect most of the Aliens we see on screen to be digital in this series, though I'm sure there will be certain practical elements to them as well.

Huggs

Quote from: The Blob on Aug 19, 2021, 10:51:07 PM
This is a good time to discuss just what toxic fandom is. I'm looking at fans who take it too far. The Alien fanbase has a huge amount of incredibly passionate angry manchildren. They produce cringe. Cringey OCs, cringey art, cringey videos.

The Alien fanbase embodies a lot of what makes a terrible fanbase.

- They can be incredibly whiney, never knowing what they want, and always complaining over something dumb.

- It's just a broken fanbase, with opinions literally everywhere and no one can agree where the franchise should go and instead they get at each others throats.

- They make really stupid crap sometimes, stuff that rivals the things you see in the My Little Pony fandom. And not stupid in an intentional and funny way.

- Simply put, a ton of Alien fans can be...overbearing to say the least

Well it's a good thing you finally showed up with all the positivity.

[cancerblack]

To be fair if he's used to posting mostly on Facebook I 100% agree, the Alien fandom there is awful and prone to impressive stupidity.

SiL

I agree the Facebook side of things is ... woeful, but one of the worst?

I don't remember the last time Alien fans doxxed anyone or harassed people into hiding, but hey, I guess some of the art is cringey so f**k us I guess.

This feels like a troll and we're taking the bait.

[cancerblack]

They do seem to be flip flopping in regards to what they're mad about so you're probably right.

Voodoo Magic

I'm still trying to wrap my head around comparing Alien fandom to My Little Pony fandom.

BlueMarsalis79

As someone with a lot of experience in both they're nothing alike.

Immortan Jonesy

Maybe on Facebook it is different, but AVPGALAXY forums must be the safest forums of all (TY so mutch Mods!  :)). Plus, even taking into account social media toxicity, I've never heard of Alien fans causing celebrities to shut down their twitter accounts after so much harassment (I'm looking at you, STAR WARS fandom  :laugh:).

I don't know much about the MLP fandom (casual fan here), but I'm sure the guy is just trolling as others have pointed out.  :-\

Prez

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Aug 21, 2021, 08:10:48 PM
Maybe on Facebook it is different, but AVPGALAXY forums must be the safest forums of all (TY so mutch Mods!  :)). Plus, even taking into account social media toxicity, I've never heard of Alien fans causing celebrities to shut down their twitter accounts after so much harassment (I'm looking at you, STAR WARS fandom  :laugh:).

I don't know much about the MLP fandom (casual fan here), but I'm sure the guy is just trolling as others have pointed out.  :-\

You should see the Football fandom on social media. Now that's something.

bigchap

I expect there will be some (or many) Easter eggs in the series.

I'm thinking we'll probably get either a mention of Newt, or even an appearance of her as a character in her 20s or 30s. Maybe we'll see some mentioned of the doomed Prometheus mission (and/or the loss of the Covenant).

Think we'll get a David cameo?

Nightmare Asylum

Hopefully Easter Eggs for the sake of Easter Eggs are kept to a minimum. Some world building stuff, sure, but little Marvel-esque nods to other stuff in the franchise for the sake of it? Ehhh. I'd rather this stand more on its own two feet for the most part.

As for Newt, Hawley mentioned Alien 3 in a recent interview so I'd imagine she won't be showing up in the flesh.

I wouldn't object to David, but I feel like a story that features David is going to have to really be about David. I'd rather see Ridley just do that in a proper Covenant sequel than have Hawley do it here. But we'll see!

Baron Von Marlon

Remember when Easter Eggs meant hidden references instead of clear and obvious ones?
Pepperidge Farm remembers.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Going out on a limb here but I think we're going to get an update on this pretty soon.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed