Alien TV Series From Noah Hawley and Ridley Scott CONFIRMED

Started by Nukiemorph, Dec 10, 2020, 11:03:29 PM

Author
Alien TV Series From Noah Hawley and Ridley Scott CONFIRMED (Read 214,824 times)

kwisatz

Quote from: Trash Queen on Jul 06, 2021, 11:35:40 AM
Quote from: Huggs on Jul 06, 2021, 02:25:52 AM
I wish the westworld people could've handled this.

So it can have one good Season and the rest be shit? No thank you man.

That series' disintegration still baffles me.

Season 2 was in parts watchable tho.

Baron Von Marlon

Quote from: SiL on Jul 06, 2021, 10:48:48 PM
Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Jul 06, 2021, 10:44:55 PM
Call me a conspiracy theorist, but I just can't believe these decisions didn't came from the top, or at least didn't got the approval from them.
You can't believe that anyone other than Disney is interested in diverse hiring or what?

Sure I can. But the case of a certain billion dollar company, I believe orders and directions come from the top.
It's been happening with Disney, Stars Wars and Marvel movies. Oddly enough they all have the same owner.

Firing people because of their gender and hiring people based on the colour of their skin, you call that diverse?
I call it sexist and racist.

SiL

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Jul 07, 2021, 01:01:56 AM
Firing people because of their gender
Where did this happen?

Like actually happen, not "You just know that's why!" happen.

Quoteand hiring people based on the colour of their skin, you call that diverse?
Making an effort to specifically hire people who aren't white in a white-dominated industry is an effort in diversity, yes.

Baron Von Marlon

Quote from: SiL on Jul 07, 2021, 04:23:03 AM

Deadpool writers gone because of diversity
https://cosmicbook.news/deadpool-writers-diversity-ryan-reynolds-sells-out

Making an effort to specifically hire people who aren't white in a white-dominated industry is an effort in diversity, yes.

Rephrase it how you want it. Technically, it's racism.
They're picking people specifically based on their race and/or skin colour, not based on their resume.
If that equation's not problematic for you, you should be able to switch the races.

SiL

The entire article is speculation, backed up by what appears to be more speculation.

Corporal Hicks

Cosmic News is very much in the same vein as WeGotThisCovered, I'm afraid. Not to be taken seriously in the slightest.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Jul 07, 2021, 04:46:37 AM

Deadpool writers gone because of diversity
https://cosmicbook.news/deadpool-writers-diversity-ryan-reynolds-sells-out

Rephrase it how you want it. Technically, it's racism.
They're picking people specifically based on their race and/or skin colour, not based on their resume.
If that equation's not problematic for you, you should be able to switch the races.

By definition, you having opinions on this must make you a "political person." Welcome to the club, I guess?

RhinoAlien

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Jul 07, 2021, 01:01:56 AM
Firing people because of their gender
Where did this happen?

Quoteand hiring people based on the colour of their skin, you call that diverse?

Diversity achieved through racial discrimination. What does "white-dominated" signify? Most white people are not in the industry. There are likely more white people outside of the industry that would like to be in the industry than are in the industry now. Should they get special treatment? Any white person in or outside of the industry likely is only concerned with whether they are in the industry or not, not what skin color grouping they fall into.

SiL

Quote from: RhinoAlien on Jul 07, 2021, 06:50:29 PM

Diversity achieved through racial discrimination. What does "white-dominated" signify? Most white people are not in the industry.
No, but most people in the industry are white.

Nightmare Asylum

Diversity achieved through racial discrimination. What does "white-dominated" signify? Most white people are not in the industry. There are likely more white people outside of the industry that would like to be in the industry than are in the industry now. Should they get special treatment? Any white person in or outside of the industry likely is only concerned with whether they are in the industry or not, not what skin color grouping they fall into.

I've honestly been trying to process this post for three hours now. I've been on this site for over twelve years and I think this might be the single most bewildering thing I've ever read here.

Crazy Rich

If possible that is?.

426Buddy

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jul 07, 2021, 10:05:12 PM

I've honestly been trying to process this post for three hours now. I've been on this site for over twelve years and I think this might be the single most bewildering thing I've ever read here.

:laugh:

Glad I'm not alone

kwisatz

kwisatz

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jul 07, 2021, 10:05:12 PM

This actually reminds me of the less meaningful epigraphs in the Dune sequels.

A Tleilaxu mnemotechnic verse or something.

Baron Von Marlon

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jul 07, 2021, 11:05:06 AM
By definition, you having opinions on this must make you a "political person." Welcome to the club, I guess?

Unless I look at it in a different way. Could be religious. Could be for humanistic reasons
Wait, I got it. Was that previous post art? Because the written word can be considered art and art has always been political.
So it's possible I unknowingly made a political statement.

Nah, I don't know. But because I don't see it doesn't mean it's not true  ;)

Local Trouble

Quote from: kwisatz on Jul 07, 2021, 11:46:19 PMThis actually reminds me of the less meaningful epigraphs in the Dune sequels.

A Tleilaxu mnemotechnic verse or something.

You aren't supposed to know about those.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed