Alien TV Series From Noah Hawley and Ridley Scott CONFIRMED

Started by Nukiemorph, Dec 10, 2020, 11:03:29 PM

Author
Alien TV Series From Noah Hawley and Ridley Scott CONFIRMED (Read 215,027 times)

Baron Von Marlon

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jul 05, 2021, 11:38:31 PM
I eagerly await the "Star Wars fandom post-TLJ" level of conspiracy theory discourse that we are about to endure when this thing releases (I don't actually eagerly await it).

I'm curious. Tell me more. Or post a link, please.

Quote from: SiL on Jul 05, 2021, 11:45:24 PM

QuoteI asked SiL as he seems to have the impression they (Fox) can do what they want without interference from the people above them.
I never said that.

No, but you didn't deny it either when I asked about it:

Quote from: SiL on Jul 05, 2021, 10:59:23 PM
Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Jul 05, 2021, 09:34:50 PM
QuoteYou think they're not keeping an eye on what their sub-divisions might be doing? You think it's impossible they might get directions from the top?
You really think they micromanage every production? Have you seen their slate?

Huggs

Quote from: Enjoy on Jul 05, 2021, 05:31:45 AM
Am i wrong in thinking Matt Damon and Ben Afleck would make good grunts in this show.

Yeah, alittle bit.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

If the series is going to run in harmony with Ridley's prequels, then this whole "set not too far into our future" is in fact between Covenant and Alien or between the latter and Aliens. 🤔

Personally, I'd be delighted to see the Earth more or less during the time of the first two films.  :-X

Huggs

I wish the westworld people could've handled this.

Immortan Jonesy

I wish Anthony Hopkins has a role on this one.

SiL

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Jul 06, 2021, 12:04:25 AM
No, but you didn't deny it either when I asked about it:

Quote from: SiL on Jul 05, 2021, 10:59:23 PM
Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Jul 05, 2021, 09:34:50 PM
QuoteYou think they're not keeping an eye on what their sub-divisions might be doing? You think it's impossible they might get directions from the top?
You really think they micromanage every production? Have you seen their slate?
My answer would be that they're not micromanaging and expecting "the mouse" to be directly pulling the strings of a Predator movie feels a bit of a stretch.

Kimarhi

Didn't mousehouse have multiple SW productions all f**ked up with their meddling?

There is going to be oversight.  Marvel, aka mini disney is having success with the EU Alien storyline.  I'm sure they are going to want to parlay that into big screen success for their inevitable big screen crossover. 

SiL

Disney buys a company and puts people they trust in charge to keep the company running smoothly. Kathleen Kennedy is in charge of Lucasfilm. Kevin Feige heads Marvel studios.

Disney checks the books and make sure everything's popular and profitable and that's about it. It's unclear who pulled the plug on the one-shot movies after Solo underperformed, but that's green lighting productions, not creative meddling.

They're still distinct companies with their own internal leadership and creative directors.

Kimarhi

I'm pretty sure Disney fired multiple directors for various star wars films, had all kinds of trouble casting Solo, and ran into all kinds of issues with the second sequel trilogy film and final film of the trilogy. 

They are separate but aren't.  Disney will meddle, guaranteed.  It is really no different than Fox meddling, but people controlling the money are going to stick their fingers in the pie. 

SiL

Solo changing directors was Lucasfilm, not Disney. Lord and Miller's artistic sensibilities clashed with Kasdan's and Kennedy pulled the plug on them.

What people are proposing is actually very different to Fox meddling. They're proposing a parent company will meddle in the production of one of their child companies, which is very different to a company meddling with its own materials.

The only example I can find of Disney meddling with anything directly is pulling Ike Perlmutter from his leadership position to give Kevin Feige more control when Feige threatened to leave Marvel due to finding Perlmutter impossible to work with. A decision Marvel fans generally seem to applaud, not lament.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Kimarhi on Jul 06, 2021, 06:05:27 AMDisney will meddle, guaranteed.

You say that, but a Predator film - especially one geared towards a lower budget as this one seems to be with its setting - represents a far smaller risk for them. They had their fingers in the Star Wars pie because it was a multi-million dollar project with monumental exposure. They needed it to work, and so they got involved. A Predator film isn't on anything like that level.

Not saying they won't mess with it, but I can also see them leaving it be while they focus on their golden geese.

SiL

I'm really trying to find instances of Disney interfering with a production of a subsidiary directly and I'm coming up with blanks.

They sometimes change the leadership structure of the subsidiary, as any parent company does  but I'm struggling to find someone from Disney rocking up on a Marvel production and overruling the creative team. Or even having script notes. Or anything like that

Are any of these fears actually substantiated by something or do people just see Disney owns these companies and freak out? It's starting to sound like a conspiracy theory. :-\

BlueMarsalis79

Quote from: Huggs on Jul 06, 2021, 02:25:52 AM

So it can have one good Season and the rest be shit? No thank you man.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

I believe Baron and Kimarhi are over the target here.

We need to remember in regards to the current slate of projects, Disney sent over Alan Horn and Alan Bergman to 20th Century to "work" with Emma Watts and help her retool, cut most of the projects in development and reportedly streamline to 10 releases per year, half or more going to Hulu or Disney+. Now maybe this micromanaging hasn't/won't continue with Watts out, maybe it will, but that action most certainly affected these current projects which were further delayed by covid.

j0nesy

Quote from: Trash Queen on Jul 06, 2021, 11:35:40 AM
Quote from: Huggs on Jul 06, 2021, 02:25:52 AM

So it can have one good Season and the rest be shit? No thank you man.

i really didn't mind S2, but yes, that last one was poop  :-\

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed