Alien TV Series From Noah Hawley and Ridley Scott CONFIRMED

Started by Nukiemorph, Dec 10, 2020, 11:03:29 PM

Author
Alien TV Series From Noah Hawley and Ridley Scott CONFIRMED (Read 215,134 times)

Baron Von Marlon

Quote from: SiL on Jul 04, 2021, 11:27:34 PM
Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Jul 04, 2021, 10:33:21 PM
If the new Predator will be released earlier it might give us an indication of how they're going to work.
Why would a completely unrelated project from a completely different creative team give any indication?

Because if you go all the way up the ladder, both franchises are property of Mr. Mouse and his people. And they have final say. Not the creative team.

SiL

Alien and Predator have been owned by the same company their entire existence but have had wildly varying quality. AvPR's quality was no indication of Prometheus'; Covenant's no indication of The Predator.

Enjoy

Am i wrong in thinking Matt Damon and Ben Afleck would make good grunts in this show. I want a great cast for this show.

Baron Von Marlon

Quote from: SiL on Jul 05, 2021, 04:58:26 AM
Alien and Predator have been owned by the same company their entire existence but have had wildly varying quality. AvPR's quality was no indication of Prometheus'; Covenant's no indication of The Predator.

Were owned.

HuDaFuK

He means the movies we've had until now were all done by the same company. Point being - that had no bearing on how good or bad individual entries were.

Capt. Dallas at Thedus

Capt. Dallas at Thedus

Positively Unthrilled about all of this:(I hope we can get Alien:Awakening because Covenant ended on such a cliffhanger.I hope Neill's Alien 5 could make it to graphic novel or animated film because the artwork was just gorgeous.:)

Capt. Dallas at Thedus

Capt. Dallas at Thedus

Whatever happened to that script treatment David Giler&Walter Hill(architects of alien lore)wrote??

SiL

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Jul 05, 2021, 03:44:31 PM
Quote from: SiL on Jul 05, 2021, 04:58:26 AM

Were owned.
As in they have never been owned by different companies to each other.

And they're still owned by their original company. That company just happens to be owned by a different one.

RidgeTop

Baron Von Marlon

Quote from: SiL on Jul 05, 2021, 08:27:31 PM
As in they have never been owned by different companies to each other.

Again, I'm aware.

Quote from: SiL on Jul 05, 2021, 08:27:31 PM
And they're still owned by their original company. That company just happens to be owned by a different one.

So it's not really theirs, is it?
And that different company happens to be one of the biggest ones there is, with a whole lot of money.
You think they're not keeping an eye on what their sub-divisions might be doing? You think it's impossible they might get directions from the top?

Nightmare Asylum

Of course Disney is keeping an eye on everything going on within each studio they own.

But the quality of one project is not in any way a determining factor in the quality of another.

SiL

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Jul 05, 2021, 09:34:50 PM
So it's not really theirs, is it?
It is, yes. If Disney sells 20th Century Studios the rights go with it, unless they transfer the rights to the parent company.

QuoteYou think they're not keeping an eye on what their sub-divisions might be doing? You think it's impossible they might get directions from the top?
You really think they micromanage every production? Have you seen their slate?

Baron Von Marlon

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jul 05, 2021, 10:40:05 PMOf course Disney is keeping an eye on everything going on within each studio they own.

I asked SiL as he seems to have the impression they (Fox) can do what they want without interference from the people above them.

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jul 05, 2021, 10:40:05 PM
But the quality of one project is not in any way a determining factor in the quality of another.

That's why I used the word "might" in my original post, instead of "will  :)

Quote from: SiL on Jul 05, 2021, 10:59:23 PM
It is, yes. If Disney sells 20th Century Studios the rights go with it, unless they transfer the rights to the parent company.

IF, that's IF.
For the moment they're owned by Disney. And the owner has final say.

Quote from: SiL on Jul 05, 2021, 10:59:23 PM
You really think they micromanage every production? Have you seen their slate?

No, I think they're not gonna check on projects costing millions.
After all, it's not like they have shareholders and profits to take into account.
Let alone are able to afford and assign people to such jobs.

Nightmare Asylum

I eagerly await the "Star Wars fandom post-TLJ" level of conspiracy theory discourse that we are about to endure when this thing releases (I don't actually eagerly await it).

SiL

QuoteI asked SiL as he seems to have the impression they (Fox) can do what they want without interference from the people above them.
I never said that.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed