Alien TV Series From Noah Hawley and Ridley Scott CONFIRMED

Started by Nukiemorph, Dec 10, 2020, 11:03:29 PM

Author
Alien TV Series From Noah Hawley and Ridley Scott CONFIRMED (Read 215,125 times)

[cancerblack]

Quote from: TomT on Jul 03, 2021, 10:13:32 PM
No, it's just disingenuous when rich people talk shit about capitalism while actually not believing in that because they do absolutely nothing to support their words with actions, in fact they do the exact opposite. That's kind of it.

I completely agree, the problem is that...

QuoteAnd poor people can publicly shit on the system, we live in 2021 after all, even poor people have some device with internet connection.

A youtube account with 50 followers isn't the same as industrially-promoted content, and in 99.9999999r % of cases will never ever reach a large audience. Bucktooth Billy can air his grievances, sure, but it's a bear shitting in the woods while a wealthy, influential person doing the same, even if it comes off as disingenuous, even if it is factually hypocritical, is still giving more oxygen to the subject than the guy with the unverified Twitter account.

Voodoo Magic

Huggs

You staff now voodoo?

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jul 03, 2021, 10:49:05 PM
Again all, please take it to this thread:

https://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=53780.0

Thank you.

Alright, although I think we're in for a sufficient shitstorm that politely asking people to take it to better suited threads won't work forever, especially once the show actually drops.

It unfortunately seems to be the way of such things.

RidgeTop

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Jul 03, 2021, 10:58:30 PM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jul 03, 2021, 10:49:05 PM
Again all, please take it to this thread:

https://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=53780.0

Thank you.

Alright, although I think we're in for a sufficient shitstorm that politely asking people to take it to better suited threads won't work forever, especially once the show actually drops.

It unfortunately seems to be the way of such things.

Yes it could be unavoidable once there is more info on the series. But for now we don't have much info so as Voodoo said, let's give it a rest and take this political debate to the politics thread.

Voodoo Magic

Huggs

I'm gettin' all verklempt.

Local Trouble

I was wondering how long it'd take before Dave Rubin's tweet got posted here.

PAS Spinelli

General audiences are dumb, that doesn't mean that Alien wasn't on your face about these themes, cuz it was, Predator was a bit more subtle with its corrupt government stuff, but Alien was very straight forward on shittalking corpos

Immortan Jonesy

8)

Quote from: Kimarhi on Jul 03, 2021, 10:14:56 PM
Don't let them silence you TomT.  Freedom of speech!  USA USA!

Baron Von Marlon

First of all, I'm not a "political/anti-corporate theme in the movies" denier.

But how about this? Just a thought, not my opinion:
The original movies are anti-big evil corporations. Whose endgoal is profit, right? So corporate greed.
Or plain greed. Which is a sin. Which is religious.
So... The movies are trying deliver us a message from God.
Praise The Lord, hallelujah! 
;D

Huggs

Kimarhi

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Jul 04, 2021, 01:17:22 AM
8)

https://s6.gifyu.com/images/de70e1b6152971925aae099afaba4260.gif

Quote from: Kimarhi on Jul 03, 2021, 10:14:56 PM
Don't let them silence you TomT.  Freedom of speech!  USA USA!

https://i.ibb.co/g3shbGq/5fe2e7.jpg

Can we please ban Jonesy for being so off topic?  I'm trying to talk the tv show here. 

Baron Von Marlon

Then you got the prequels.
Prometheus with the whole creation and human greed/pride theme.
Trying to go to a place of the gods, Tower of Babel style. And begging for eternal life.
There's Jesus who was an Engineer at some point.
Alien:Covenant more of the same with even a religious related word in the title and references to Paradise Lost.

What about Predator?
An angel of vengeance sent from Heaven above to collect souls of the most violent humans.

AvP: the aliens are demons, the predators angels, it's demons vs angels. And it's up to the humans to choose between wrong or right.

BAM! Franchise religionized.
Spoiler
...or did I just reveal what's always been there? Cue X-Files theme.
[close]

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Jul 04, 2021, 04:05:23 AM
...or did I just reveal what's always been there? Cue X-Files theme.

Perhaps not always – I wouldn't really say that there was much of a religious angle to Alien or Aliens. Alien 3, Alien: Resurrection, Prometheus, and Alien: Covenant, though? Absolutely.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed