Things you have only just noticed/didn't notice the first time.

Started by The Cruentus, Aug 06, 2019, 03:43:04 PM

Author
Things you have only just noticed/didn't notice the first time. (Read 48,127 times)

HuDaFuK

Fair. But as you said, we don't see the Marines until they blow the glass. There's a good chance they simply checked the door while we're busy watching Ripley fight the 'hugger.

The Cruentus

Good point plus as SM said, it probably was quicker. Time was of the essence.

Trioxin

Trioxin

Not something I did not notice but just an observation to start. No one has killed a predator  on equal terms in equal combat In any movie but predators. The character Hanzo, imo is the most badass of all humans to kill a predator.
A- he did not ambush it
B- it had not been injured by gunfire or by explosives as all the main characters and characters in this film had done
C- He fought it alone without advantage or traps
D- HE KILLED IT WITH A SWORD FFS

SM

SM

Quote from: The Cruentus on Jan 02, 2020, 05:08:28 PM
True, but it may have only been locked from the inside.  Taking that into account, as well how strong the glass is, I wonder if the room was used as a quarantine or holding area.

There's no door from the main medical area to the room Ripley and Newt were in   You have to go through the stasis lab.

With a fire situation I can't see them checking the door.  They just looked through the glass, saw what was happening and shot the window out.

Local Trouble

I wonder how Burke's plan would have accounted for the fact that the stasis tubes were actually placed in the same room as Ripley and Newt.

SM

Hoped they be too distracted to notice.  Or he'd put them back in the other room after Ripley and Newt has been hugged.

Kradan

Quote from: Trioxin on Jan 02, 2020, 05:54:13 PM
Not something I did not notice but just an observation to start. No one has killed a predator  on equal terms in equal combat In any movie but predators. The character Hanzo, imo is the most badass of all humans to kill a predator.
A- he did not ambush it
B- it had not been injured by gunfire or by explosives as all the main characters and characters in this film had done
C- He fought it alone without advantage or traps
D- HE KILLED IT WITH A SWORD FFS

You're right, actually. Never thought of that.

The Old One

The Old One

It's interesting to see, but honestly, I think it totally missed the point of the original obscured deaths.

Kradan

OWLF > Owlf > oWlf > Wolf

Spoiler
:o
[close]

SM

HuDaFuK

I'm not entirely sure on this one because it's something I picked up from listening to the soundtrack rather than watching the film, but after Ripley rescues the Marines from the hive in Aliens, there's no score music whatsoever all the way through to the Facehugger attack in medlab.

(I'm trying to remember if the sentry guns scenes have any music in the SE, which would be an even longer gap. Off the top of my head, I don't recall them being scored.)

SM

There's no score for the sentry guns, but there's a short cue when Ripley finds the empty bed and crawls underneath to sleep with her.

Not sure if you've ever watched it with the isolated soundtrack, but the name of each cue pops up on screen when it starts.  It's pretty nifty.

HuDaFuK

I haven't. I keep meaning to though.

The text trivia tracks on the Anthology are another thing I keep meaning to look through.

The Cruentus

You know what, I never even noticed that! I had always been so engrossed in the movie and studying the visual details that I didn't think to just listen. I think silence is good for creating its own tension and atmosphere anyway.

SuperiorIronman

Not one from the movies but the game AVP-R

So I got on a weird nostalgia trip and got myself a new PSP with AVP-R and I'm still under the impression it's the best version of AVP-R, but I thought I'd post about some of the things I found kind of neat on a new run.

1.) You can definitely see where Rebellion pulled from for 2010.
At first I was under the impression it was just the Predator's face but the model used in the opening cutscene (the one that looks like Scar) feels like it could've easily been an early exploration for Dark.
This even extends to animations as while things are quicker and far more fluid in 2010, Requiem does use the same sort of run for the Predators and even attack animations down to the heavy attack. The wrist blades seem to be identical in design between both versions.

2.) Wolf has a complete different set of gauntlets.
It actually came as a surprise to me because Wolf is actually rendered with two computer gauntlets with blades mounted on both, again just like in 2010 (I'm not sure why this was a thing). But even stranger is that in Multiplayer there are Predators with different gauntlets which makes it weirder this occurred seeing as Wolf uses a wrist blade gauntlet very similar (if not a re-dressed prop) to the one seen in AVP.

3.) This isn't taking place anywhere close to the film.
In the Highschool level you can find a basketball championship banner which says that they're the champions for 2005. Bear in mind Requiem takes place within days of the original film which takes place in 2004 around October of that year. If the school has already won its 2005 championship, then we're presumably on 2006 or if they lost that it would be 2007 which isn't totally out of the question considering the game released on November 13th 2007. So the game in essence is more than a little late following up to Scar's little accident even if it did take place in 2005 after the championship.

4.) Despite having a model for Scar, they don't use it.
In the crashed Predator ship you can actually find two Predator bodies, one being the mission objective and the other being under a pile of rubble that has unique textures. The one standing in for Scar is strangely a model of Wolf (despite having a model for Scar) and while it's unclear what the body under the rubble is as it's facing down it looks like it doesn't have a mask. The model for the dead Predator is low-poly so it's possible it is Wolf's seeing as an unmasked Wolf at one point did exist (known from screenshots) but this is the only place we can see it.

5.) The Predator 2 trophy wall is in the game.
In the same room with the Predator under the rubble is a few low-poly skulls affixed to the wall. They're low-poly but they are there and they have unique textures representing the bones. I don't know why it's affixed to the wall and not a trophy case nor why its in a separate room when it's in the same place Harrigan walks up to but it's not the same ship anyways. Still odd since it is clearly a reference to that.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed