Alien TV Series From Noah Hawley and Ridley Scott CONFIRMED

Started by Nukiemorph, Dec 10, 2020, 11:03:29 PM

Author
Alien TV Series From Noah Hawley and Ridley Scott CONFIRMED (Read 214,792 times)

Stitch

Quote from: Local Trouble on Oct 14, 2023, 01:54:55 AMI feel like John Doe sitting in the back seat of the car--with SiL and CB filling in for Mills and Somerset--near the end of Seven saying, "I can't wait for you to see, I really can't.  It's really going to be something."

One of you has to say, "What's in the box?!"
What's in the box?

[cancerblack]

kwisatz

Kane's other son

I'll take my chances with the guy who managed to turn Fargo into a great TV series and was behind the inspired lunacy of Legion.

PortugueseXeno

At this point, i feel like the series will go down like this.

weyland-Yutani shits the bed and a bunch of xenos make their Maginot ship crash into Prodigy City.

There will be some corporate espionage and intrigue between Prodigy Corporation and Weyland-Yutani (that want to retrieve their assets back, but Prodigy won't let them), which will give us an excuse to explore and see what Prodigy is working on (wendy and all the other conscious transfer/transhuman experiments).

Meanwhile, we will see the blue collar workers of Prodigy City deal with the aftermath and consequences of a giant ship crashing into their city and the spread of the new Xeno colony (after their eggs get scrambled and lost due to the crash).

The Xenos will make their way to the top and all hell will break loose.

The season/series will end with Prodigy City being either nuked or destroyed by some other means of keeping what happened with the xenos a secret, with some potentials survivors (wendy) leaving the city.

Immortan Jonesy

Please mr. Noah, more canon wars!😅🙏

Gimitko

Gimitko

I think Noah is doing Alien as a feminist retelling of Peter Pan, because he sees the original film as a feminist retelling of Snow White, in the vain of what this piece argues:

http://reel3.com/reassessing-alien-sexuality-and-the-anxieties-of-men/

I have been following his work diligently and he is lately very invested in a childs response to crisis, and how that response can both save and doom us. Its obvious he will be exploring these exact themes in the show.  His recent novel Anthem includes a youth suicide epidemic thats presented as a mythical plague from a fantasy novel and the protagonists are this Fellowship of The Ring band of teenagers that meet in an anxiety clinic. The villain in their quest is literally Jeffrey Epstein lol, who is described as The Wizard. Different responses to existential angst in times of crisis are explored amongst the youth: some teenage boys have militarized and call themselves The Tyler Durdens, there is a 14 year old boy that has convinced himself that he is Randall Flagg, other kids have childishly ingenious and/or naive solutions to the crisis etc.

I think this will be the core thing this show will explore: the spectrum of a childs responses to a world-ending threat. How some grow up early and others refuse to grow up. How the childishness of some provides solutions the mature cant see, where others turn to violently denialist juvenile narcissism. Peter Pan and Wendy in the face of extinction. No wonder Noah indicated he is making this show for (or maybe about) his 15 year old daughter.

Most of the cast are the lost boys, in this case 10 year olds in synth warrior bodies, Boy Kavalier is Peter Pan and I suspect his manipulative advisor Atom Ein will be Captain Hook, our villain.

SiL

God I hope not.

Thatguy2068

Please no, I can believe that newt was able to hide from the xenomorph but a child defeating xenomorph, I don't like that one single bit

Gimitko

Gimitko

Quote from: Thatguy2068 on Oct 18, 2023, 09:31:19 PMPlease no, I can believe that newt was able to hide from the xenomorph but a child defeating xenomorph, I don't like that one single bit

I would expect a lot more of synth-children that are in over their heads getting violently decimated by aliens. You are free to utilize the otherwise taboo shock of innocent and naive children getting violently murdered if their bodies are adult and their blood is white.

I would bet any amount of money that there will be a seemingly heroic moment where one of these child warriors rises up to the occasion to fight an alien, only to instantly die in a brutal, punchliney fashion.

Local Trouble

Quote from: Local Trouble on Feb 17, 2022, 07:31:33 PMPeople will still wax philosophical to defend it.

"iT mAkEs sEnSe bCuZ mUh tHeMeS!!!"

ralfy

Reminds me of Spielberg.

BenditlikeBeckum

That all sounds good in a literary device sort of way. But I don't think people will pick up on that other than thinking its good tv.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed