Alien TV Series From Noah Hawley and Ridley Scott CONFIRMED

Started by Nukiemorph, Dec 10, 2020, 11:03:29 PM

Author
Alien TV Series From Noah Hawley and Ridley Scott CONFIRMED (Read 215,215 times)

SiL

I'd rather be a hypocrite than somebody who watched The Predator.

Thatguy2068

Quote from: SiL on Sep 07, 2023, 02:31:53 AMI'd rather be a hypocrite than somebody who watched The Predator.
You may be right but I Don't want to be a hypocrite.

oduodu

oduodu

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Sep 07, 2023, 12:38:19 AMIt's 200% going to be a f**king mess, the question now is whether it's an entertaining mess like Rez or Covenant, or a total shitshow like say, The Predator.

That more or less sums up my expectations for this. That's why Prey's success caught me completely off guard.

Give it to Dan the Man. I say.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

It'll be f*cking hilarious if it turns out Ridley forced all this Space Ninja/Peter Pan shit into the script.  :laugh:

Local Trouble

He had to do it to make up for the cooked beast weighing the story down with such a big fork sticking out of it.

skhellter

For Noah, even considering "right after Prometheus... on earth" as a setting for his Alien series, reveals a lack of seriousness to the whole endeavour.

gonna be a very expensive clownshow.

oh well. Looking forward to Fede's movie, probably gonna be the last one in the series for a few decades.

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: skhellter on Sep 07, 2023, 10:06:26 AMoh well. Looking forward to Fede's movie, probably gonna be the last one in the series for a few decades.

Well, that's a good reason to be excited for that one :laugh:👉👈

Corporal Hicks

If it hits the same sort of success as Prey, I wouldn't write the franchise off.

HuDaFuK

I really don't know what to make of this series.

So much that we've heard sounds promising, and so much of what we've heard sounds terrible.

Nightmare Asylum

At this point I'm just waiting out to see where things go with full context.

I don't love everything I'm hearing, but I do remain genuinely curious about what I'm hearing.

Only time will tell, really.

skhellter

Bet its gonna end like avpr -  nuked city.few survivors. Etc. 

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: skhellter on Sep 07, 2023, 02:21:29 PMBet its gonna end like avpr -  nuked city.few survivors. Etc. 

Thatguy2068

I honestly hope Noan would rewrite the plot, and make a better one

BenditlikeBeckum

BenditlikeBeckum

I bet The Prodigy Corp is just a way to enter into the universe in a very innocent way and could be something we don't care for but it's a literary device to enter a landscape (much like a ship entering sea space or air-space or literary space) with a crew (much like peter pan and the pirates) to which respects the laws of the currently existing world created already. We might have to hold our breaths before any reveal because essentially their story is what we are waiting for. This is not a sigh of relief but like many installments of this franchise (especially Prometheus), we need to wait until its released to say anything. I remember not sleeping a lot because of Prometheus trailers were being made like it was the be-all-end all of the franchise. All the answers will be disclosed once and for all and I was itching like crazy for stuff and people were making assumptions and conspiracy theories. This is the same deal.
But with Prometheus, it tried to answer something that we really wanted to know. With this tv series....i don't know what the problem the writers are trying to have answers to. Maybe its just trying to fill a void where the synthetic people have left with us concerning Blade Runner and the Alien Mythos. I don't know, just taking a long shot with that. The trailer will need to ask it all and tie it all to "Xenomorph" territory as the imagery is trying to communicate. Otherwise, there isn't much to that concept art of that xenomorph. The franchise has tons of nonsensical concept art already. 

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

I don't know why anyone expects this show to play any less fast and loose with the established lore than, say, Star Trek Discovery or The Witcher.  The writers can't be restrained by that shit.  They're artists.  They need the freedom to spread their wings and express their brilliance.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed