Alien TV Series From Noah Hawley and Ridley Scott CONFIRMED

Started by Nukiemorph, Dec 10, 2020, 11:03:29 PM

Author
Alien TV Series From Noah Hawley and Ridley Scott CONFIRMED (Read 215,125 times)

Corporal Hicks

I just checked over my stuff and doesn't look like they'd actually committed to any specific date in the latest info I have. Just that it definitely took place a little bit after Prometheus. But again, it could have changed since then.

Nightmare Asylum

Interesting, 'cause even in a post-Prometheus, pre-Covenant (or hell, pre-Alien) setting, the WY logo on the art would be wrong.

Though of course, the art doesn't necessarily have to be from the very same post-Prometheus iteration of the most current documentation that you have on hand.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: skhellter on Sep 05, 2023, 10:34:12 AMlmao if time travel makes the big WY ship fall on earth in the past, making this series a full on alt timeline.

It'll be a full on pantomime.

We may all end up pining for Blomkamp's Alien 5 after this is released.  :-\

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Sep 05, 2023, 10:47:45 AMI'd be fine if this was out-of-continuity/its own thing entirety, but if that ends up being the case, advertise it as such.
I'm down with that.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

You all will maybe, I will be laughing as it burns down, seeing the divine as you perish.

Quote from: skhellter on Sep 05, 2023, 10:34:12 AMHawley didn't bother with X-men film continuity in Legion.

He did for the first season, not for subsequent ones.

Still Collating...

Quote from: skhellter on Sep 05, 2023, 10:34:12 AMlmao if time travel makes the big WY ship fall on earth in the past, making this series a full on alt timeline.

Hawley didn't bother with X-men film continuity in Legion.

X-men is Marvel where the multiverse is expected and normal. I'm tired of multiverses, I think they're creatively very dumb.

The Alien franchise has had a lot of stuff happen with it's timeline. A lot of retcons, though that's normal for EU stuff with new big entries like movies. But a series contradicting movies? That's lame.

If it's good, I'll get over the timeline thing and look at it as an alternate continuity, buuuuut I'm sure that there will not be any possibly justifiable reason as to why this isn't post Alien 3.

As others have stated, I'm more concerned with the characters, style and direction.

Nightmare Asylum

I wouldn't want a literal multiverse, where timeline discrepancies across universes are part of the actual narrative.

But just like, a standalone thing that isn't part of the wider continuity (or hell, even one that only treats certain previous installments as canon) is fine in my book.

Local Trouble

I miss the good old says when we only had one universe and only had to keep things straight with Alien, Aliens and, hell, even Alien 3.  I've said it before, but Alien 3 may have killed off Ripley, Hix and Noot, but it left the universe intact.

Then AR came along...

[cancerblack]

The Animatrix nails this issue perfectly, but has a baked in justification for any weirdness due to the whole iterations thing. I don't think it's toooo hard to apply similar logic to other IPs.

Thatguy2068

Thatguy2068

Well honestly as long as they don't really f**k up the continuity, I think I'll be fine with the TvShow, maybe we can have the Xenomorphs existed before Prometheus and not being a some creation that David made. I wonder how the creatures got to earth in the first place. I would loathe if the Xenomorph where just made by humans on earth. Then again I haven't heard the leaks maybe I'll check those out.

Local Trouble

On the bright side, I expect this show to focus far more on Wendy and Tootles than on screwing up the aliens.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Local Trouble on Sep 06, 2023, 01:05:39 AMOn the bright side, I expect this show to focus far more on Wendy and Tootles than on screwing up the aliens.

I cracked a mild grin irl, good job

Quote from: Thatguy2068 on Sep 06, 2023, 01:03:31 AMWell honestly as long as they don't really f**k up the continuity

Let me stop you there, pal

Thatguy2068

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Sep 06, 2023, 08:23:37 AM
Quote from: Local Trouble on Sep 06, 2023, 01:05:39 AMOn the bright side, I expect this show to focus far more on Wendy and Tootles than on screwing up the aliens.

I cracked a mild grin irl, good job

Quote from: Thatguy2068 on Sep 06, 2023, 01:03:31 AMWell honestly as long as they don't really f**k up the continuity

Let me stop you there, pal
Damn it what did they do this time

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Thatguy2068 on Sep 06, 2023, 08:30:11 AMDamn it what did they do this time

It's seemingly set before Alien, but has Aliens on earth. And ninjas, and peter pan.

Thatguy2068

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Sep 06, 2023, 09:25:49 AM
Quote from: Thatguy2068 on Sep 06, 2023, 08:30:11 AMDamn it what did they do this time

It's seemingly set before Alien, but has Aliens on earth. And ninjas, and peter pan.
I mean as long as they don't go too far like what AvP did but I would prefer if it was an isolated incident. Nothing get in or out. As for the ninjas and Peter Pan, I feel a bit vague on details, Can you clarify on what that is

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed