Alien TV Series From Noah Hawley and Ridley Scott CONFIRMED

Started by Nukiemorph, Dec 10, 2020, 11:03:29 PM

Author
Alien TV Series From Noah Hawley and Ridley Scott CONFIRMED (Read 214,868 times)

Local Trouble

I'm expecting the reason to be another obnoxious "just deal with it, you toxic fans" that Hollywood considers effective marketing these days.

[cancerblack]

The irony is I'm actually fine with things just taking the core aesthetics and principles and doing something totally outside canon with it, as far as chronology, established characters/corporations etc go.

I'm not fine with all this cringe-ass peter pan shit and space katanas.

SiL

Yeah, f**k it, do an anthology series with weird shit.

But one that looks like the people making it actually like Alien.

Local Trouble

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Sep 04, 2023, 10:48:16 PMI'm not fine with all this cringe-ass peter pan shit and space katanas.

Isn't that quintessential Hawley stuff though?

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Local Trouble on Sep 04, 2023, 11:25:30 PM
Quote from: [cancerblack] on Sep 04, 2023, 10:48:16 PMI'm not fine with all this cringe-ass peter pan shit and space katanas.

Isn't that quintessential Hawley stuff though?

You should have quoted the first part and brought up how vocally I dislike AvP 2004.

Local Trouble

Did AvP have Peter Pan shit and space katanas?  I don't remember much about it.

SiL

If the Peter Pan stuff was, like, a subtle allegory and not just literally Wendy and f**king Tootles, it would be fine.

But no, it's Wendy and f**king Tootles.

Local Trouble

I hope the quirky CEO acts like Willy Wonka. That would be so artsy.

Some Old Dude

I liked Jesse Eisenberg's Lex Luthor so I can't really judge.

Local Trouble

They should make him an ancestor of Van Leuwen just to show that being CEO is in their blood.

At the end of the day, it should really be about family.  And that's what'll make it so powerful.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Thatguy2068 on Sep 04, 2023, 01:38:46 AMDoes everybody have hope for this TV show? I know it's way early but  based on the leaks do you guy have hope that this will be good?

Don't be that guy...  :P

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Sep 04, 2023, 08:13:16 PMWhat we know so far about the setting and story really strikes me as Elysium x Species more than anything at all in the Alien series.

I would never mind more Species in my Alien.

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Sep 04, 2023, 10:08:58 PM
Quote from: Some Old Dude on Sep 04, 2023, 10:00:28 PMI just don't get why it needs to be a prequel to Alien and not set post 2179.

This is the main thing that's perplexing me right now. I'm sure there's some big reason that we don't know of yet that accounts for why it has to be set pre-Alien, but so far, nothing has come to light that's given us the rationale on that decision.

I don't know what they've settled on, but the date was certainly moving around a lot while they were writing the pilot.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 05, 2023, 08:37:25 AMI don't know what they've settled on, but the date was certainly moving around a lot while they were writing the pilot.

Well in that case, I'm crossing my fingers and hoping that it moved somewhere post-Alien (and, preferably, post-Alien 3).

skhellter

lmao if time travel makes the big WY ship fall on earth in the past, making this series a full on alt timeline.

Hawley didn't bother with X-men film continuity in Legion.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

I'd be fine if this was out-of-continuity/its own thing entirety, but if that ends up being the case, advertise it as such. So far they're pretty explicitly billing it as a prequel to Alien.

I'm a Godzilla fan. I can handle multiple unconnected takes on a series/character. I'm all for it, really. I just want to know that's the case going in. :laugh:

I do still wonder about the explicitly Aliens/Alien 3-era Weyland-Yutani logo in the concept art that AVPG leaked. Was that intentional or an oversight (or, based on what Hicks said, part of an iteration that wouldn't have been set before Alien at all)?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed