Alien TV Series From Noah Hawley and Ridley Scott CONFIRMED

Started by Nukiemorph, Dec 10, 2020, 11:03:29 PM

Author
Alien TV Series From Noah Hawley and Ridley Scott CONFIRMED (Read 214,717 times)

[cancerblack]

Quote from: PAS Spinelli on Nov 03, 2022, 08:54:48 PMReally hoping we can leave the garbage designs from Covenant behind and actually have the originals make a return to the big screen for a change

Agreed on the big ones, although I actually quite like the eggs and huggers in Covvie.

Nightmare Asylum

I absolutely love Covenant's Aliens but, like most of the other variations in the series (Resurrection's, for example), they only really make sense under a very certain set of conditions present within their specific film and wouldn't really make sense being reused outside of it.

PAS Spinelli

I'm just tired of every movie and effects studio trying their own take on the alien when we already a perfect one in the first one, Cameron had en excuse to not have it, so did Fincher and technically Jeunet, but both AvPs and the prequels had no reason to try to change it, and no, the whole "Protomorph" stuff is not a reason, the movie and cast called it of Xeno and the name was spread by a clickbait site

Nightmare Asylum

The Covenant iteration (like the Resurrection iteration before it) dropping the mechanical elements made sense, narratively, given where we were in the timeline and the specific context of these particular Aliens' genesis. They were unfinished prototypes in Covenant (and human DNA-skewed genetic messes in Resurrection).

AVP inexplicably using the Resurrection design for what is supposed to be a 'proper' Alien is very much a problem, though.

PAS Spinelli

AvP didn't just use the Resurrection design, it used a worse version of it, with legs that didn't fit the overall design

Mr. Clemens

And a tail that was thirty feet long when the situation demanded it.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: PAS Spinelli on Nov 03, 2022, 09:24:42 PMI'm just tired of every movie and effects studio trying their own take on the alien when we already a perfect one in the first one, Cameron had en excuse to not have it, so did Fincher and technically Jeunet

It's funny you say that, because out of those three movies I feel as though Aliens is the one where the change had no real story imperative. The dog and the hybrids were different because they were a dog and hybrids, but Cameron changed the Alien just because he could (even ignoring the fact the dome was apparently removed for technical reasons).

His design is actually my favourite, but it still stands that he only changed it because he felt like it.

PAS Spinelli

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Nov 04, 2022, 09:56:23 AM
Quote from: PAS Spinelli on Nov 03, 2022, 09:24:42 PMI'm just tired of every movie and effects studio trying their own take on the alien when we already a perfect one in the first one, Cameron had en excuse to not have it, so did Fincher and technically Jeunet

It's funny you say that, because out of those three movies I feel as though Aliens is the one where the change had no real story imperative. The dog and the hybrids were different because they were a dog and hybrids, but Cameron changed the Alien just because he could (even ignoring the fact the dome was apparently removed for technical reasons).

His design is actually my favourite, but it still stands that he only changed it because he felt like it.
The design in Aliens wouldn't be that different if not for the lack of the dome, there is no proper lore reason, but there is this BTS reason

[cancerblack]

When you factor in the hands, feet and "blades" as well as the heads, the differences do start to really stack up tbh.

BlueMarsalis79

It just exchanges the more human parts for more recognisably monsterous features, big claws instead of human hands, a spiky head instead of the translucent skull.

PAS Spinelli

The feet aren't even noticeable in the movie too, the only part you'd really notice aside from the head is the arm bones and the tail

Still Collating...

Quote from: Mr. Clemens on Nov 04, 2022, 08:51:31 AMAnd a tail that was thirty feet long when the situation demanded it.

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh: I do love me that huge tail, the longer the better! :P

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: kwisatz on Nov 03, 2022, 09:01:08 PMYes dicks Disney we want DICKS!

Careful with the wording there mate, you might end up with Local Trouble/Elon Musk type characters instead of psycho-sexuel imagery.

kwisatz

kwisatz

Elon Musk playing himself as the head of a misanthropic company.. Why not?

An LT character though please.. Nobody wants Resurrection Part II...

Spoiler
;D  ;D
[close]

Kradan

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Nov 06, 2022, 04:56:18 PM
Quote from: kwisatz on Nov 03, 2022, 09:01:08 PMYes dicks Disney we want DICKS!

Careful with the wording there mate, you might end up with Local Trouble/Elon Musk type characters instead of psycho-sexuel imagery.

More dongs ! More DONGS !

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed