Alien TV Series From Noah Hawley and Ridley Scott CONFIRMED

Started by Nukiemorph, Dec 10, 2020, 11:03:29 PM

Author
Alien TV Series From Noah Hawley and Ridley Scott CONFIRMED (Read 214,704 times)

Some Old Dude

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 06, 2022, 09:11:28 AMOur understanding is that this is Noah's show, and Ridley is attached in name and cash.

I could've sworn I saw one of the trades suggest he was directing the pilot.

skhellter

Not for Alien.
Ridley is said to be directing the Blade Runner show.

[No, Blue. Blade Runner isn't canon. Don't start. Don't....... Don't. :P ]

Corporal Hicks

I wouldn't be surprised that if they could get him to direct an episode or two, they would, but creatively it's Noah's story.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: skhellter on Sep 06, 2022, 09:54:40 AMIs there anything to the rumours that Luke Scott was/is involved?

(those started after an interview where Ridley said that Luke was working on something that was "going to be really scary")

Luke directed an episode or two of Raised by Wolves so it's entirely possible he might direct an episode or two here as well. Riddles is nepotic like that.  :P

Nightmare Asylum

Luke's work on Wolves was very good, too; especially in the season one finale. A certain birth scene was very impactful. I wasn't so hot on Luke up to that point (really didn't like his movie Morgan at all), but he's proven himself capable on the small screen.

Here's the interview excerpt where, I believe, the rumors of Luke doing some directing on this show got started:

QuoteRidley, anything you want to ask Luke about?

RIDLEY SCOTT Well, he won't tell you what he's [working on next] ... but he's about to find out what it's really like to design something that's going to be really scary.

LUKE SCOTT That's not going to help. (Laughs).

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv-news/ridley-scott-raised-by-wolves-1234965758/

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

He also directed those two Blade Runner 2049 short films that were used for marketing:

HuDaFuK

And a bunch of the Covenant shorts.

Nightmare Asylum

The Prometheus and most of the Covenant ones (apart from The Crossing, which was Ridley) as well.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

So... trying to tie up old loose ends, I wonder if this was also for the Alien series?

Quote from: Stolen on Apr 29, 2021, 06:16:27 PMhttps://twitter.com/elpaissemanal/status/1387820769284169736

Maybe it's nothing important. But this person is working on a mysterious new Ridley Scott project, made by Fox / Disney.

Quote from: Stolen on Apr 30, 2021, 08:00:14 AMDefinitely not Gladiator.This is a Fox-Disney project.
Merlin is still possible, but we haven't had any info for a long time. I still have my doubts to see Scott get into in a new saga.
We will surely have something new soon...

https://digismak.com/fran-ferriz-draws-the-universe-of-ridley-scott/

QuoteFerriz assumes this job "very happy and also very afraid" due to the responsibility of being the "concept artist", that is, the person in charge of illustrating and designing "everything that will appear on screen, from sets to costumes, vehicles , a spaceship or a creature so that later in each department they are in charge of making it real; anything that does not exist I have to create.

It already has dates. «My work has to be finished before the end of the year; at the beginning of 2022 they have to start setting up stages, preparing costumes, casting actors ... and if all goes well, shoot in the next year and release in early 2023 ».

This matches the dates of his film Napoleon (Apple TV).
So either Ridley is going to shoot two films next year. Either he's just a producer (maybe the Alien show?)

Bonus
Spoiler
[close]

Nightmare Asylum

Aye, that could definitely be this show, since the original intention was for production on this to begin this year before this and Fargo season 5 flip flopped.

TC

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Sep 06, 2022, 01:27:26 AM...
It would be great if the humans from Alien are colonies that long ago lost contact with Earth (sort of like Terran from Starcraft). A civilization of space humans who have been inhabiting space for so long, that they have somehow forgotten about their home wolrd.

And then when they discover that Earth is the homeworld of humans, after millennia traveling through space...the place is Giger Land in all its glory.

Im. Jonesy:

Your mind, like the Resurrection hybrid-Queen's womb, is very fertile. And as with the Newborn, what it comes up with can be a little too much. But I gave your post a like anyway because I appreciated the effort.  ;D

TC

TomT

Quote from: Local Trouble on Sep 06, 2022, 01:02:17 AMIt would be totally worth making it a prequel if it undoes David being the creator.
Even David being the creator makes more sense than Earth-bound prequel, so no, unless you mean a completely different story.

Local Trouble

Quote from: TomT on Sep 09, 2022, 01:05:04 PM
Quote from: Local Trouble on Sep 06, 2022, 01:02:17 AMIt would be totally worth making it a prequel if it undoes David being the creator.
Even David being the creator makes more sense than Earth-bound prequel, so no, unless you mean a completely different story.

I'd rather have an Earth-bound prequel where the Alien outbreak is covered up than what we got in Covenant.  Hell, we already had the Earthbound outbreak in AvPR and even that was preferable.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Local Trouble on Sep 09, 2022, 05:40:50 PM
Quote from: TomT on Sep 09, 2022, 01:05:04 PM

I'd rather have an Earth-bound prequel where the Alien outbreak is covered up than what we got in Covenant.  Hell, we already had the Earthbound outbreak in AvPR and even that was preferable.

skhellter

El ow El

El Mayo

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed