Alien TV Series From Noah Hawley and Ridley Scott CONFIRMED

Started by Nukiemorph, Dec 10, 2020, 11:03:29 PM

Author
Alien TV Series From Noah Hawley and Ridley Scott CONFIRMED (Read 214,826 times)

SiL

This whole thing started as two people overreacting to a joke so I feel your pain.

426Buddy

Yeah cuz my post was such an over reaction. Painful is right.

BlueMarsalis79

People defending Musk be like:

SiL

SiL

Quote from: 426Buddy on Jul 17, 2022, 08:16:16 PMYeah cuz my post was such an over reaction. Painful is right.
Are we playing who gets the last word?

If you didn't care about the Musk thing then deciding to make your reply exclusively about the Musk thing and remove what little relevance it had to the topic feels like a pretty big overreaction, yes.

Are we done or do we need to keep going in circles?

And yes, by now I am being snarky.

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Jul 17, 2022, 08:18:22 PMPeople defending Musk be like:

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/5d/7e/9a/5d7e9a308066c7fa4df31795d3a1269a.jpg
:laugh:

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: SiL on Jul 17, 2022, 06:32:03 PM1) Saying going to Mars is the only way to save humanity assumes the position the Earth is doomed and there's nothing we can do to help it, which is horseshit.

Earth is doomed. It's not a matter of if there will be another extinction level event, but rather when. It could be a billion years from now or it could be a year from now.

We also have rapid climatical change to deal with. Or do you think it's a "Chinese hoax"?

To top it all off, we now have madmen like Putin and his ministers threatening nuclear war every second day on Russian state television.

Quote2) He wants to turn his Mars colonists into indentured servants.

Source please.

426Buddy

Yep like I said you made me regret posting it.

Congrats man

Crazy Rich

I'm caught up on the last several pages...

As far as I understand it's apparently against theocratic policy to have anything other than a 120% positive opinion about their lord and savior Elon Musk or the gospel Blade Runner and there's somehow a whole mish mash of confusion too for good measure.

Also I think SiL doesn't even dislike Blade Runner but somehow liking something but also criticizing something is taboo as f**k.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: [cancerblackI'm not going to say a kid could do it, but Pollock is both trash and a CIA stooge.

I'm not a fan of his work myself. But as one gets older and hopefully wiser, one begins to realise that it is a bit disingenuous to deride something that one perhaps do not fully understand or appreciate.

There are plenty of critically acclaimed films that I don't like, but I don't go around bashing them, because I'm aware of the fact that I might not fully understand the intention behind the work. I am always fully aware of the fact that just because I don't like something, it does not necessarily make it bad.

Kradan

Well said, @The Eighth Passenger, well said

[cancerblack]

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Jul 17, 2022, 08:38:48 PM
Quote from: [cancerblackI'm not going to say a kid could do it, but Pollock is both trash and a CIA stooge.

I'm not a fan of his work myself. But as one gets older and hopefully wiser, one begins to realise that it is a bit disingenuous to deride something that one perhaps do not fully understand or appreciate.

There are plenty of critically acclaimed films that I don't like, but I don't go around bashing them, because I'm aware of the fact that I might not fully understand the intention behind the work. I am always fully aware of the fact that just because I don't like something, it does not necessarily make it bad.

Did anyone say it was bad? I said it's good but I don't like it, and SiL only really called it boring, unless I've forgotten something in the hellscape of this threads last few pages.

Kradan

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Jul 17, 2022, 08:46:55 PMthe hellscape of this threads last few pages.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

SiL

Quote from: Crazy Rich on Jul 17, 2022, 08:37:14 PMAlso I think SiL doesn't even dislike Blade Runner but somehow liking something but also criticizing something is taboo as f**k.
I'm a not a huge fan of it. I do find it boring and obtuse. But there's a lot that's brilliant about it and I don't question how anyone else can like it - that's easy to see.

It's well made. It just puts me to sleep.

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Jul 17, 2022, 08:38:48 PMThere are plenty of critically acclaimed films that I don't like, but I don't go around bashing them, because I'm aware of the fact that I might not fully understand the intention behind the work. I am always fully aware of the fact that just because I don't like something, it does not necessarily make it bad.
You can understand something and dislike it. You can understand something and hate it. You can understand something and bash it. In fact understanding a thing is often why some dislike something.

Condescending others as not understanding something if they don't like it is never appropriate though.

Crazy Rich

Quote from: SiL on Jul 17, 2022, 08:57:08 PM
Quote from: Crazy Rich on Jul 17, 2022, 08:37:14 PMAlso I think SiL doesn't even dislike Blade Runner but somehow liking something but also criticizing something is taboo as f**k.
I'm a not a huge fan of it. I do find it boring and obtuse. But there's a lot that's brilliant about it and I don't question how anyone else can like it - that's easy to see.

It's well made. It just puts me to sleep.

That's good enough for me.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: SiL on Jul 17, 2022, 06:57:49 PMThe Eighth Passenger throws shade at people who don't like the movie when nobody who disliked the movie threw shade at anyone else, but me not seeing Elon Musk being a fan as an endorsement is the attitude problem?

You claimed you would "die on the hill" that Blade Runner deserved it's initial reactions, then after I draw blood you cry foul? I wasn't throwing shade at anyone else here, everyone else on here who doesn't love Blade Runner either appears to be ambigious or ambivalent about it. You picked the fight. That barb was aimed at you and you only.

Then you went and took my mention of Elon Musk and used it to completely derail this thread.

I do not want to engage with you any further. I do not want to derail this thread any further. You have a known habit of picking these little arguments and baiting members over trivial matters.

Quote from: SiL link=msg=2571411You can understand something and dislike it. You can understand something and hate it. You can understand something and bash it. In fact understanding a thing is often why some dislike something.

Thinking that you understand something is not the same as actually understanding it.

SiL

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Jul 17, 2022, 09:13:06 PMYou claimed you would "die on the hill" that Blade Runner deserved it's initial reactions, then after I draw blood you cry foul?
You think attacking people for not liking a film is the same as saying a poorly hacked studio edit of a film that the filmmakers themselves disliked deserved its poor reception?

You have issues.

QuoteThen you went and took my mention of Elon Musk and used it to completely derail this thread.
That was 1/3 of my initial reply. You ignored the rest to focus on that.

Touch some grass.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed