Jurassic Park Series

Started by War Wager, Mar 25, 2007, 10:10:16 PM

Author
Jurassic Park Series (Read 1,340,869 times)

Nychus

Nychus

About human hight, yes. The mentioned ten feet may have been said because of the first findings of Utahraptor that were made during the production of the film.

Predboy

Predboy

Quote from: Master Chief on Jun 14, 2007, 06:23:44 PM
A few have mentioned this before, but I would like to see the raptors actually running full speed after something.  Not just one either, I'm talking the whole pack.  Jumping over stuff and cuttin' through trees.  I just want an amazing visual of the raptors at full speed.

I would like the beginning of the movie to be like this. The spinosarus drinking water when he sees the water tremors. He looks up and nothing.  Goes back to take a drink and sees them again.  This time when it looks up a t-rex is staring at him.  He does his little roar and charges.  T-rex being the "king" rams him with his massive head knocking it to the ground.  Goes for the throat and ultimately ripping it apart.  Of course, he has to do his trademark roar and then the movie can begin.

I would love to see this happen in the film. I got, sooooooooooo pissed when the spino killed rex. It was major bullshit if you know how strong t.rex really is. One thing I can tell you that if that fight actually happened, the t.rex would have won hands down. Why? Oh, I dont know, maybe the fact that t.rexs have the strongest jaws known to man. In the beggining of the fight, t.rex gets first dibs on spino's neck, so it would've been over there. It would have ripped the sucker's neck off. T.rex IS king of the dinosaurs.

Nychus

Nychus

I agree, scavenger or not, the T-Rex still owns the Spino in bite strenght, a formidable advantage even by it's own. The Spino only has the arms, really, as it's jaws just aren't built to the same capacity as the Rexe's. Thus, I think we all know the true reason for why the Spino beat the big T with physical impossibility.

*starts humming the Abba tune*

Dachande

Dachande

I'd say that a Megalodon, probably has a stronger bite strength than a T-Rex. About the whole, T-Rex vs Spino thing, this all depends on whoever gets the first good bite in, because then its pretty much over, for the record though, Spinosaurus was quite probably stronger than the T-Rex, considering it was much larger, and weight a few tonnes more.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

What about Gigantosaurous?

Dachande

Dachande

Im guessing you mean The carnivore Giganotosaurus, Gigantosaurus was a herbivore. Giganotosaurus, was longer than T-Rex, but smaller than Spino

But i am taking most of this from Wikipedia >__>

darkbladepred

darkbladepred

Noooo! Giganotosaurus is the one in dino crisis 2 that kicks t-rex's ass. That is not a herbivore dude. It's bipedal, and has a huge mouth.

Giganotosaurus is the one on the right.

Dachande

Dachande

Gigantosaurus is a Herbivore.

GiganOtosaurus was the carnivore, and i said before that it was longer than T-rex

Predboy

Predboy

Quote from: Dachande on Jun 22, 2007, 12:13:57 AM
I'd say that a Megalodon, probably has a stronger bite strength than a T-Rex. About the whole, T-Rex vs Spino thing, this all depends on whoever gets the first good bite in, because then its pretty much over, for the record though, Spinosaurus was quite probably stronger than the T-Rex, considering it was much larger, and weight a few tonnes more.

Well I dont know the bite force of this big shark but I can say that a t.rex has the weight of a pick up truck behind each tooth. Thats roughly over 3000 pounds I think. You count the teeth, you do the math. I read this in a book so I cant give you a link. Sorry. And, we'll never really know how powerful a spino really is until we get a skeleton of one. The only one that was found was destroyed, and seeing as how people aren't having luck finding another one, we wont know for a while.

Quote from: darkbladepred on Jun 22, 2007, 12:23:57 AM
Noooo! Giganotosaurus is the one in dino crisis 2 that kicks t-rex's ass. That is not a herbivore dude. It's bipedal, and has a huge mouth.

He's talking about another dino with a similar name.

darkbladepred

darkbladepred

Discovery channel describes Gigantosaurus (not GiganOtosaurus) as:
"insanely vicious Gigantosaurus in front of you, drool dripping off its razor-sharp teeth...  that this largest flesh-eating dinosaur, somewhat resembling its northern cousin Tyrannosaurus rex but larger...:
Link to article: http://www.exn.ca/dinosaurs/story.asp?id=1998041653&name=archives

I'm looking but I can't find the thing you described anywhere but wiki, You may be right, but it must be a VERY common misconception if so.

Dachande

Dachande

That article is dated from 1998, and its stated on the Gigantosaurus wiki page, that the names are often misspelled and confused between each other, which is evident, as its happening in this topic.

As for Dino Crisis:

The PlayStation game Dino Crisis 2 features a Giganotosaurus. However, the size of the Giganotosaurus in the game was exaggerated and is much larger than in real life. In the game it is portrayed as being over 20 meters long and over 7 meters tall, while in real life it was, at most, 14 meters long and 5.5 meters tall.

The longest spinos were measure to be around 18m, whereas Giganotosaurus is at most 14m.

Its also quite possible that the Gigantosaurus, has been rediscovered under a new name

darkbladepred

darkbladepred

I'm not going to say that you are wrong, but I've seen the carnivore's name spelled with AND without the O. Can you plz give me an example besides Wiki? Wikipedia has info submitted by people, most of whom are not experts. If anyone can edit those pages then the dino there may not exhist. I really want to know for sure now If there are two seperate dinos.

Dachande

Dachande

Go to the Gigantosaurus wikipedia page, and theres 2 links at the bottom with the relevant information
    * http://www.dinoruss.com/de_4/5a8acf5.htm
    * http://www.users.qwest.net/~jstweet1/sauropoda.htm

Main thing here is that Gigantosaurus, isnt a well known dinosaur, so when people use the name they are thinkig of the Carnivor

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

NNOO!!!!!! it has been said that the Tyrannosaurous was a slow beast and wasw a vulture kind of dinosaur.

darkbladepred

darkbladepred

Quote from: ShadowPred on Jun 22, 2007, 01:20:58 AM
NNOO!!!!!! it has been said that the Tyrannosaurous was a slow beast and wasw a vulture kind of dinosaur.

theories, all theories! (at least that's what I tell myself to stay sane) Can they PROVE it? I hope not.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed