The game isn't that bad. But what's about the future (support?)

Started by hardwired, Feb 16, 2010, 03:16:03 PM

Author
The game isn't that bad. But what's about the future (support?) (Read 581 times)

hardwired

I need an answer for that question.

After i played the demo, watched many videos (specially the unofficial) and read many tests from magazines and opinions of people, who allready have it, I think its clear, that the game is ok, or maybe even good, but they dont used its full potential and it had some flaws, no matter, if you are ok with them or not, which is ok for now.

Im happy for people, who allready love the game, but after all, with good support, i believe this game can become alot better for all of us and more attractive for people, who arent pleased till now. Some essential things, should be easy to fix or to advance, if they care about it and most games arent perfect, if they are released, specially if they bring something new to the table (meleesystem in a Multi-FPS), so till this moment, i dont blame SEGA or Rebellion for anything.

There are some examples, where a game was average or even bad and became much better, with the support of the developer and/or the community or get simply advanced.

I think about The Elder Scrolls-Series, the Stalker-games, the AVP2-Multiplayer or Vampire - The Masquerade Bloodlines, System Shock 2 and Deus Ex 1. Some of my favorite games, of all time.  :)

And after all, the game is no generall fail. In some aspects the game is pretty good. I personally think about the serious melee-combat-system, good graphics and the game doesnt look as much as a game like the previous titles (even if it could be better. Im still missing crouch, that could increase the accuracy, too and things like ironsight, "could" be a improvement).
On the other hand, there maybe flaws in the fullgame, we dont know of.
(I read that the ten-meter-ranged-light/heavy are caused by lags, so often you got hit, without any enemy is near.
At this point i would like to know, how good the netcode is, so it dont causes issues in combination with the meleesystem. Any clues?).

The big question for me is:

Will this game got a good support?

Do SEGA and/or Rebellion will care for it? Will they take some of the critic seriously or leave it like it is and just make some DLC for some more cash? What about the SDK?

Im pretty interested and think, that the future of the game depends mostly on the support (like it does to most multiplayer-games).

So, how thinks Rebellion about that? Is SEGA willing to support it?
I wait for a respond about the critics and a statement, that confirms a good support. And i think, they shouldnt wait too long, to do it.

If they dont care or just support the game badly and tend to make just some DLC and another sequel, I dont want to buy anything from them again, cause I think, you should care about your customers, if they should buy your products. 
And Im somehow pessimistic, cause some responses to critic, arent been taken seriously (even if its said nice and reasonable explained).  :-\ But i try to be neutral.

BTW: I hope people see, that i really try to be objective. Even if im a bit older, the franchise got still a place in my  (geeky?) heart and I like the game in some aspects. But the industry have to care about their customers, I think.

Thank you.  :)

Brother

This has already been answered several times by Rebellion representatives.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed