Worst Predator Kill Scene

Started by Peakius Baragonius, Mar 06, 2011, 03:47:02 AM

Who had the sloppiest death at the hands of the Predator(s)?

Hawkins
0 (0%)
Blain
0 (0%)
Mac
0 (0%)
Dillon
0 (0%)
Billy
1 (2.9%)
Poncho
0 (0%)
Head Jamaican Gangster
0 (0%)
Danny-Boy
1 (2.9%)
Jerry Lambert
1 (2.9%)
Peter Keyes
0 (0%)
Quinn
0 (0%)
Maxwell
1 (2.9%)
Charles Bishop Weyland
0 (0%)
Alien killed by Scar with Shuriken
0 (0%)
Scar's first Facehugger kill
0 (0%)
The AVP Chestburster
0 (0%)
Graveyard Guy
0 (0%)
Pool Alien killed by Wolf
1 (2.9%)
Store Owners (Okay, technically that's two, but nevermind)
0 (0%)
Predalien (Chet)
1 (2.9%)
Mombasa
0 (0%)
Noland
14 (40%)
Nikolai
0 (0%)
Stans
1 (2.9%)
Classic Predator
1 (2.9%)
Edwin
1 (2.9%)
The AVPR Actors' Careers
9 (25.7%)
The Cop in the Forest (forgot to add him earlier)
3 (8.6%)

Total Members Voted: 34

Author
Worst Predator Kill Scene (Read 3,763 times)

Peakius Baragonius

Peakius Baragonius

It's poll time again! The Predator films are known for their memorable death scenes, from the dramatic deaths in Predator to Gary Busey's sweet demise in the sequel.

On the other hand, sometimes there comes a death scene that is just poorly done, either in its context to the story and character(s) or in how it is filmed and executed. Which, if any of the scenes above, match this description for you?

Since the Predators are often up against large groups, I chose to list only the scenes where the Predator is up against a specific character. Also, I chose to only put scenes we see or hear, so Hopper and his men don't count.

For me, it was definitely Noland's death scene. He's introduced as this bad*** character, but then he flees without his armor, encounters Tracker in the corridors, makes no attempt to escape at all, and gets blown up in an eyeball-poppingly unrealistic CGI balloon explosion. What a waste of a good character, not to mention an embarrassing exit. Tied with it is probably Classic's death, for the same story reasons -- not to mention that it echoed strongly of a film called Jurassic Park III...

Please excuse the ridiculous number of poll options. With a subject like this, it's easy to get carried away... ;D

Stalker

Stalker

It's not on the list, but the subway kills in Predator 2 were pretty poor. All you see are flashes of people screaming inter cut with some heat vision, couldn't see a damn thing.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Either the Cop in the forest, Ray (I even remember his name!!) or that guy in the cemetery that gets his head blown off. Soooo B-movie like.
No wait, those guys in the store, too.
Scrap that - every kill in AvPR.

Bat Chain Puller

The kills in AVPR were the most ham fistedly handled in the series. On par or a one step beyond Crystal Lake or Elm Street. Mostly heartless and gory for gores sake.

Those not withstanding, the worst kill disproportionate to the quality of the over all film HAD to be Nolan's water balloon like death. Pop!

It also goes against the Predator's character of taking trophies from the kill. Tracker would have needed to use a swab to take a trophy from that mess.

Master

Master

AvP-r is untouchable for me. It`s stupid and over the top gory. But the winner would be Noland`s deth in Ps. It looks bad, it makes no sense and takes away most interesting/best played character in whole film. Great job mr Rodriguez  :-X

The PredBen

The PredBen

Any Predator on Alien kill in AVP:R.

For human deaths, Noland from Predators gets the win, stupid and cheesy.

RDdaNINJA

RDdaNINJA

Stans, because the Pred's hand went up his a*s.  He felt everything!! 

Ghostface

Ghostface

Quote from: RDdaNINJA on Mar 08, 2011, 12:20:41 AM

What film were you watching mate? lol

Had to be Nolan. After 10 seasons his skull would have been a prized possession on trackers wall.

Keith

Keith

I disagree with the hate over the AvP-R human kills.

The cop getting skewered by the running, cloaked Predator was reminiscent of Dillion. The guy getting decapitated at the cemetary was a nice VFX shot. Jesse getting whacked hard against the wall by the shuriken was cool. I'll admit the 2 guys getting their heads blown off in the store was the least effective in the movie. Perhaps because it was shot too far away to make an impact.

Noland was probably the most offensive ever. My God that was terrible.

Ghostface

Ghostface

I agree with you keith. AVP:R wasnt the best film, but it did have some nice predator kills. Dare I say better than Predators...

Space Invader

Space Invader

Noland's scene. It just went BOOM! and I was like wtf happened?

Stalker

Stalker

Am I the only one that thought Noland's death was badass? When I first saw the movie it really gave the impression that these preds just didn't give a f**k, if you were in their way they'd just blow you to hell. I thought it made Tracker seem more ruthless, to just vaporize someone without a care.

The hand went through his back, just like in the original film when Billy was spine-ripped.

Keith

Keith

Quote from: Stalker on Mar 08, 2011, 07:56:22 AM
Am I the only one that thought Noland's death was badass? When I first saw the movie it really gave the impression that these preds just didn't give a f**k, if you were in their way they'd just blow you to hell. I thought it made Tracker seem more ruthless, to just vaporize someone without a care.

I think it was just the fact that it didn't look real at all. I think with CGI body destructions, it's best to just pick a body part (like the head). In other words, less is more. Just like I didn't think Jesse's lower body "melting off" looked very real in the AvP-R extended cut.

Sgt. Shanx

Sgt. Shanx

Quote from: Stalker on Mar 08, 2011, 07:56:22 AM

The hand went through his back, just like in the original film when Billy was spine-ripped.
No Stalker i agree with u...i thought the post meant who's death was the worst as in who got dealt death harder...i thought Noland's death was quite poetic...his crazy ass deserved to get blown to pieces...lol...loved the character by the way...yeah...Tracker was a beast...i was glad i got to see someone splattered by the plasma caster...it was the first time u saw the power on that thing jacked up to full tilt...

Prime113

Prime113

I'm gonna agree with stalker on this one. The scene in the Subway was, in my opinion, awful. I thought it would have been better if they were to just show the Predator slaughtering them. I know they tried to keep him in the shadows and make him scary, but for me I thought it was awful.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed