Will we ever get a regular Predator movie again?

Started by Mike The Wolf, Jan 27, 2011, 09:29:35 PM

Author
Will we ever get a regular Predator movie again? (Read 4,467 times)

DaddyYautja

If a new Pred movie is going to be made, which it is, i want a NEW Pred movie, not a rehash of a previous one.
I dont care about looks at this point since the movie didnt explain anything about the different ones besides one being bigger than the other and the fighting.

Cap. Fitzgerald

Why should they have too?
They said it's like dogs and wolves, so different strains of one species.
And then just look at humans, when two races who are different meet they usually fight. It's simply part of nature to try and preserve your species and not a species like yours.

DaddyYautja

Quote from: Cap. Fitzgerald on Jan 29, 2011, 08:17:50 AM
Why should they have too?
They said it's like dogs and wolves, so different strains of one species.
And then just look at humans, when two races who are different meet they usually fight. It's simply part of nature to try and preserve your species and not a species like yours.

Cause a maniac soldier is not the best character to inform the audience about their biology.

Tyrannosaur

The SP just don't live up to the classics IMO. They are just to extreme.

Stalker

Quote from: Tyrannosaur on Jan 29, 2011, 10:10:27 AM
The SP just don't live up to the classics IMO. They are just to extreme.

I don't see how they're any more 'extreme' than what we've seen in the other movies. They use the same weaponry & equipment & have a similar basic appearance to all the others. Really the only difference is that they used dogs & a bird-like UAV.

Master Chief

The Super Predators were far from extreme. I'm trying to recall any parts of the movie that actually showed how badass they were...someone help me out, please.

Ghost Rider

Quote from: Master Chief on Jan 29, 2011, 03:58:50 PM
The Super Predators were far from extreme. I'm trying to recall any parts of the movie that actually showed how badass they were...someone help me out, please.

I can't remember any parts like that.

FUZION PREDATOR

Sorry, even our best scientists fail to discover such theorics parts

Mike The Wolf

Yeah sure don't remember any badass parts but sure remember a few bad parts. The whole Fear is Reborn thing, ummm no. Never once did I fear anything in this movie and maybe that is because the way the actors did their thing. I always knew it was a man in a suit and I never felt that in P1 & P2 and forgive me, the AVPs.

DaddyYautja

They wore shoes.
That's extreme.

Bloodee Jacob

I don't have a problem with the "Super" Preds. They are just another clan of Preds as far as I'm concerned.

Mike The Wolf

I thought the shoes were protection incase they didn't see one of their traps.

Uncanny Antman

^If that were true, that would make them some of the dumbest Predators we have ever seen.

...And I'm not arguing.  The "Supers" (blurrrgh!) are stupid.  :)

InvisibleLimits

InvisibleLimits

The whole "wolves vs. dogs" thing is the worst analogy they could have used. That implies that a force greater than the super predators DOMESTICATED them to be docile, and cute, and shit. After all of this selective breeding, somehow we get the predator from P1, P2??? Predators that not only had larger body counts (P1, P2) but suffered more physical abuse (P2)...

That is of course taken literally, which I guess isn't what should be done here. What would have made sense is to say maybe the difference between wolves and coyotes, or foxes. It's ashame, the super preds looks pretty neat, but they did nothing to really warrant their existence as some badass subspecies of predator. There is a predator that had not only a radically different physical appearance, but also an expansively exotic arsenal, and had existed for 20 years prior the the release of predators... I'm talking about predator 2 of course. There's your super predator, one over seven feet tall, able to kill around 30 people during the course of the movie, and survive about a dozen shotgun blasts to the abdomen.

They chose to ignore P2 cause they couldn't top it.

Here's a link to the real differences between wolves and dogs:
http://wolfdog.ws/html/differences.html

And here's a kill count breakdown for P2:
http://www.allouttabubblegum.com/main/?p=4793

Master

What he said.

This whole 'super' label dosen`t belong to creatures that drop like flys ::)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed