Scar
Chopper
Celtic
Wolf
Berserker
Tracker
Falconer
Author
Worst Predator Design (Read 81,776 times)

Keith

Keith

I thought gif's weren't allowed.

Sharp Sticks

Sharp Sticks

They are, but I'll write it out to make you happy.

Quote from: Keith on Jan 12, 2011, 09:30:18 PM
Now don't you wish you could take back some of the things you said?

Short answer: no. Long answer: nooooo-oo.

Keith

Keith

:P

Master

Master

Before the hate for Wolf gets too out of hand...

The above picture of Wolf does not show him in the proper light.

I'll admit, Wolf's face is not in the same league as the Predators in the first two movies, but that's why Stan Winston was a true legend/genius in the business, and ADI just aren't.

But Wolf's face is still way better than anything in AVP and Predators.

"This Predator has some Alien acid-blood scarring on his face." Added Colin, "One of his mandibles has been melted off, which is a throwback to the one Predator called Broken Tusk in the comics. ... A whole side of his face looks like Freddy Krueger. You can tell this guy's been through a million battles. ... His mandible design is very much like 'Predator 2'; he has multiple fangs on each mandible. ... We added a lot of these extra horns on the crown of his head as well."

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1569392/alien-vs-predator-sequels-rrated-secrets-revealed.jhtml

Freddy "F'n" Krueger!

You guys are missing the whole old, battle-scarred warrior, creepy thing going on with Wolf's face.

Now don't you wish you could take back some of the things you said?

If he is so battle-hardened battle-scared etc. etc. then why he acts like complete shit head and rookie? All other preds show allot more skill then him (yeah, even those april fools from Predators). Face it, he is just one incompetent shit-face.

Keith

Keith

Quote from: Master on Jan 12, 2011, 09:53:40 PM
You guys are missing the whole old, battle-scarred warrior, creepy thing going on with Wolf's face.

If he is so battle-hardened battle-scared etc. etc. then why he acts like complete shit head and rookie? All other preds show allot more skill then him (yeah, even those april fools from Predators). Face it, he is just one incompetent shit-face.

I'll admit it, he was sort of a clodhopping idiot who needed the government to bail him out. But we're not talking about the way he acted. We're talking about design, and people here we're coming down on his face, and I thought I should properly defend it. That's all.

Sharp Sticks

Sharp Sticks

I'm sure you can find a more attractive blob of wax to defend.

Keith

Keith

Wolf rates a lot higher than the AVP Predaturds and midget cross-dressers in Predators.

Sharp Sticks

Sharp Sticks

Never understood the issue with the Predators suits. Those masks were phenomenal. Not Winston-quality, nothing ever will be, but it was like night-and-day compared to Wulfe over there.

chupacabras acheronsis

the Falconer's was just weird. didn't looked plain and emotionless like predators should look like. it was more of an egyptian or aztec god.

and Tusk was them watching SEED and realizing they could steal and get away with it.

Ghostface

Ghostface

It is almost unfair to compare the faces of new predators to stan winstons creations. P1 and P2 looked like a living, breathing and ass-whooping creature. NOTHING since then has come close.

I hate Wolf's kruger face, and the fake eyes make him look like something from the old TMNT movies. Fully masked though his design is a big step up from the AVP designs.

Sharp Sticks

Sharp Sticks

Quote from: chupacabras acheronsis on Jan 12, 2011, 10:14:28 PM
the Falconer's was just weird. didn't looked plain and emotionless like predators should look like. it was more of an egyptian or aztec god.

and Tusk was them watching SEED and realizing they could steal and get away with it.

Fair enough, I'm with you there. But Mr. Black, mask on, lights off? I'd rate him up there with Pussyface.

Ghostface

Ghostface

Quote from: Sharp Sticks on Jan 12, 2011, 10:17:36 PM
Quote from: chupacabras acheronsis on Jan 12, 2011, 10:14:28 PM

Fair enough, I'm with you there. But Mr. Black, mask on, lights off? I'd rate him up there with Pussyface.

Ditto. Mask on he is far more intimidating than any AVP preds.

Keith

Keith

Looks like Peter Pan crossed with a Predator Bobblehead doll.

chupacabras acheronsis

Mr. black mask was ace. very mean, and the jaw did a great effect while keeping its simple and not cumbersome.

my problem with it is that the face under it is not scary, its just ugly. the red burnt like skin follows weird patters, the eye sockets are small and placed awkwardly,  the jaws open sideways for some reason, and the lack of the crown over the dread roots looks bad. the red dreads were too over the top too.

the body has issues too. the armor is the opposite of the AvP's, being plain and lacking. only a couple straps across and an useless plate. no trophies, ornaments, only the bare chest. the absence of the netting made it worse. apart from the nice skin texture i'd say the bodies in Predators were very lazy work. i didn't felt they were threatening at all, i didn't felt they were properly equiped for the hunt.

Ghostface

Ghostface

Quote from: chupacabras acheronsis on Jan 12, 2011, 10:32:53 PM
Mr. black mask was ace. very mean, and the jaw did a great effect while keeping its simple and not cumbersome.

my problem with it is that the face under it is not scary, its just ugly. the red burnt like skin follows weird patters, the eye sockets are small and placed awkwardly,  the jaws open sideways for some reason, and the lack of the crown over the dread roots looks bad. the red dreads were too over the top too.

the body has issues too. the armor is the opposite of the AvP's, being plain and lacking. only a couple straps across and an useless plate. no trophies, ornaments, only the bare chest. the absence of the netting made it worse. apart from the nice skin texture i'd say the bodies in Predators were very lazy work. i didn't felt they were threatening at all, i didn't felt they were properly equiped for the hunt.

You're right, the face is a mess. It wasn't scary at all. I really grew to like Berserker, including the armor. My major complaint would be the massive f%$K-off Super Mario boots they wear. They look too heavy and slow. In other films we've seen predators leap high distances, sprint across roof tops and jungle. These preds could bearly jog.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed