Would "Predators" have been better without the alpha predators?

Started by Badmothafcka312, Dec 02, 2010, 10:49:44 PM

Author
Would "Predators" have been better without the alpha predators? (Read 5,009 times)

ShadowPred

Quote from: Peakius Baragonius on Dec 08, 2010, 12:24:19 AM
Quote from: FUZION PREDATOR on Dec 07, 2010, 09:02:22 PM
Quote from: Infected on Dec 07, 2010, 08:47:08 PM
Or Dutch replaced the part of the classic pred and the classic preds replaced the super preds.

Hey why not  ;)
All i want is  just 1 "bad pred" not a bunch of expandable preds

I really think that Predators would have worked better if they'd gone with the original plot from the start, which involved Dutch and a bunch of Space Marines (presumably a small army) banding together against 50+ Super Predators, with one Classic Predator helping them. Not only that, but for no apparent reason, Dutch starts the film out on a pirate ship. A pirate ship.

Tell me that wouldn't have been awesome.

True, some parts of the draft sound like utter fill-in-the-blank, but the lots-of-people-against -lots-of-monsters plot would have worked much better for a film called Predators than the small-group-against-monster plot seen in the original Alien and Predator. Instead, we got the latter, with two extra monsters tacked on to justify the title but make the main creature seem less threatening.

I hope that Predator Resurrection delivers or even gets made, or else Predators' existence will be for naught. Aside from being somewhat entertaining, that is.  ;D

What we got in PREDATORS was loads better than the original script, the original script had so much bullshit that it was beyond ridiculous.

Peakius Baragonius

Quote from: ShadowPred on Dec 08, 2010, 12:36:38 AM
Or Dutch replaced the part of the classic pred and the classic preds replaced the super preds.

Hey why not  ;)

I really think that Predators would have worked better if they'd gone with the original plot from the start, which involved Dutch and a bunch of Space Marines (presumably a small army) banding together against 50+ Super Predators, with one Classic Predator helping them. Not only that, but for no apparent reason, Dutch starts the film out on a pirate ship. A pirate ship.

True, some parts of the draft sound like utter fill-in-the-blank, but the lots-of-people-against -lots-of-monsters plot would have worked much better for a film called Predators than the small-group-against-monster plot seen in the original Alien and Predator. Instead, we got the latter, with two extra monsters tacked on to justify the title but make the main creature seem less threatening.

I hope that Predator Resurrection delivers or even gets made, or else Predators' existence will be for naught. Aside from being somewhat entertaining, that is.  ;D

What we got in PREDATORS was loads better than the original script, the original script had so much bullshit that it was beyond ridiculous.

Could you describe? I got the general idea but never read it all the way through... :-\

Valheru

Quote from: Uncanny Antman on Dec 06, 2010, 09:20:39 AMThe new design doesn't do it for me, but I'm happy for anyone who likes it.  I don't mind the bodies, but the face look like shit.

And yeah, I'd have preferred the movie stick with regular Predators.  In my opinion, nothing positive was brought to the film by having the new ones.  If anything, the new guys only made the Classic Pred look better.   After being strung up for days, he still holds his own against SuperPred for a while.

Agreed on most of those points...I didn't like the new pred face or the top of his head, for them to be the same race as the classic preds it was to radical a change...skin colour is one thing, the new preds face doesnt really resemble at all what we know as predators though apart from the general shape of the head, dreds and mouth / mandible design which didnt even quite look right...looked almost like spider legs they were that long and spindly.

With their helmets on they look really good I reckon, its just when Beserker took his off that I kinda said mentally "that looks shit"...and sounds shit to, their roars are so weak and dull compared to the classic Preds from Predator and Predator 2...the BSP was just a shit gurgling sound instead of the legendary roar we all know so well.

And really, what's so "Super" about these preds anyway...I am dead certain Anytime or Pussyface would have kaned these so called "bad arse super preds" and I reckon if the classic in Predators was at full strength he would have done in Beserker easy in a 1 on 1.

So yeah I guess Predators would have been better without the BSPs, or it could have been done a lot better anyway.

Cheers,

Valheru

FUZION PREDATOR

Hey why not  ;)

Yup that was close really close.Thanks god for that

ShadowPred

Quote from: Peakius Baragonius on Dec 08, 2010, 02:58:28 AM

Hey why not  ;)

Could you describe? I got the general idea but never read it all the way through... :-\

I'll do my best.

1. Human Pirate ship in space with Arnie in it is stupid, more stupid is that humans with pred technology sneak on the ship and kill everyone except for Arnie, because he's hardcore.

2. Predators capture human to put them in gladiator games

3. Predator urinates on one of the human prisoners

4. Predator king, ridiculous f**king idea, stupid.

5. Predators on snowmobiles, omg this is shit.

6. Humans eating a predator, WHILE they are all fighting.

7. Preds and humans actually traded with each other (human slaves or whatever in exchange for predator tech)

8. Predator fights kind predator (i think this is what hapopened, and if it didn't, then what really happened is more f**king dumb than that.

NOTE: There's obviously way more bullshit that pissed me off, and everyone else, but these are the few points that I can really think off the top of my head, and I will not go back to read that godawful script just to make sure.

Infected

Quote from: Valheru on Dec 08, 2010, 03:16:58 AM
Quote from: Uncanny Antman on Dec 06, 2010, 09:20:39 AMThe new design doesn't do it for me, but I'm happy for anyone who likes it.  I don't mind the bodies, but the face look like shit.

And yeah, I'd have preferred the movie stick with regular Predators.  In my opinion, nothing positive was brought to the film by having the new ones.  If anything, the new guys only made the Classic Pred look better.   After being strung up for days, he still holds his own against SuperPred for a while.

Agreed on most of those points...I didn't like the new pred face or the top of his head, for them to be the same race as the classic preds it was to radical a change...skin colour is one thing, the new preds face doesnt really resemble at all what we know as predators though apart from the general shape of the head, dreds and mouth / mandible design which didnt even quite look right...looked almost like spider legs they were that long and spindly.

With their helmets on they look really good I reckon, its just when Beserker took his off that I kinda said mentally "that looks shit"...and sounds shit to, their roars are so weak and dull compared to the classic Preds from Predator and Predator 2...the BSP was just a shit gurgling sound instead of the legendary roar we all know so well.

And really, what's so "Super" about these preds anyway...I am dead certain Anytime or Pussyface would have kaned these so called "bad arse super preds" and I reckon if the classic in Predators was at full strength he would have done in Beserker easy in a 1 on 1.

So yeah I guess Predators would have been better without the BSPs, or it could have been done a lot better anyway.

Cheers,

Valheru
No doubt about that,i agree on this one.

Peakius Baragonius

Perfect summarization, Valheru.

Quote from: ShadowPred on Dec 08, 2010, 09:47:49 PM
Quote from: Peakius Baragonius on Dec 08, 2010, 02:58:28 AM

Hey why not  ;)

I'll do my best.

1. Human Pirate ship in space with Arnie in it is stupid, more stupid is that humans with pred technology sneak on the ship and kill everyone except for Arnie, because he's hardcore.

2. Predators capture human to put them in gladiator games

3. Predator urinates on one of the human prisoners

4. Predator king, ridiculous f**king idea, stupid.

5. Predators on snowmobiles, omg this is shit.

6. Humans eating a predator, WHILE they are all fighting.

7. Preds and humans actually traded with each other (human slaves or whatever in exchange for predator tech)

8. Predator fights kind predator (i think this is what hapopened, and if it didn't, then what really happened is more f**king dumb than that.

NOTE: There's obviously way more bullshit that pissed me off, and everyone else, but these are the few points that I can really think off the top of my head, and I will not go back to read that godawful script just to make sure.

If you won't, then I will.

I mean, it couldn't be as bad as AVPR is supposed to be, right?  :-X

I actually wouldn't mind #1 and #4 as long as they weren't done in a stupid way (which I'm guessing they were).

I like the pirate ship for the same reason I like the idea of all the wacky stuff (you know what I'm talking about) in the Alien Harvest script, simply in that it seems so random and unexpected...which is precisely what a franchise can benefit from, things which defy the norm and keep them from going to safety. I'm not saying that just any old things should be thrown into scripts, like the Xenomorphs being allergic to water, but if done right wacky ideas can actually enhance the characteristics that we expect from a Predator film, by successfully mixing old and new.

If done right.

Oh, and Kind Predator? Seriously?! Is there an elderly Predator who picks flowers and is nice to everyone, and another one fights him?

Sigh...into the script I go. Wish me luck.

Ghostface

Wasnt the pred king revealed to be Dutch? There is no right way of doing this....

ShadowPred

Quote from: Ghostface on Dec 10, 2010, 02:33:24 AM
Wasnt the pred king revealed to be Dutch? There is no right way of doing this....

That's the alternate ending to the new draft, the script we're talking about is the one from the 90s.

Ghostface

Quote from: ShadowPred on Dec 10, 2010, 03:01:07 AM
Quote from: Ghostface on Dec 10, 2010, 02:33:24 AM

That's the alternate ending to the new draft, the script we're talking about is the one from the 90s.

My bad. Either way it sucked and has no place in a script.

Kriszilla

Short answer to the thread title: Yes.

Long answer: Yes. Because they looked, and sounded, shit. They were totally unimpressive, didn't look enough like the original preds to be a believable "subspecies". Seriously, Berserker looked terrible. He didn't even have goddamned eyebrows. Not to mention the spindly mandibles, too-textured head, and stupid fleshy 'skinned' portions on his scalp. Their roars and so on were unimpressive in the extreme, especially when compared to the pants-shittingly-terrifying roar of Anytime. I kid you not when I tell you that that sound gave me nightmares as a child.

Then there's the fact that the very concept of 'bigger, better predators' not only sounds like something a kid comes up with, but was executed in much the same manner as a child might do. They do nothing particularly spectacular or beyond-average in terms of what we've seen normal preds do in previous films. And f**king Falconer? What a joke. He got killed by a single slash across the torso. How much did it take to kill Pussyface?

The only exception to this would be Berserker when he triggers the boobytrap. But then again that scene is not very believable either since Tusks (a fellow 'super' predator) got killed earlier by close-range explosions, and yet somehow Berserker is not even bleeding.

And lastly, there is the fact that this entire farce serves to demean the titular creatures of the original films by way of telling everyone they're actually pussies compared to these other guys you haven't seen yet.

Screw the super preds, and screw the dumbass that came up with the idea.

ShadowPred

Quote from: Kriszilla on Dec 10, 2010, 04:38:59 PM

Long answer: Yes. Because they looked, and sounded, shit. They were totally unimpressive, didn't look enough like the original preds to be a believable "subspecies". Seriously, Berserker looked terrible. He didn't even have goddamned eyebrows. Not to mention the spindly mandibles, too-textured head, and stupid fleshy 'skinned' portions on his scalp. Their roars and so on were unimpressive in the extreme, especially when compared to the pants-shittingly-terrifying roar of Anytime. I kid you not when I tell you that that sound gave me nightmares as a child.

Then there's the fact that the very concept of 'bigger, better predators' not only sounds like something a kid comes up with, but was executed in much the same manner as a child might do. They do nothing particularly spectacular or beyond-average in terms of what we've seen normal preds do in previous films. And f**king Falconer? What a joke. He got killed by a single slash across the torso. How much did it take to kill Pussyface?

The only exception to this would be Berserker when he triggers the boobytrap. But then again that scene is not very believable either since Tusks (a fellow 'super' predator) got killed earlier by close-range explosions, and yet somehow Berserker is not even bleeding.

And lastly, there is the fact that this entire farce serves to demean the titular creatures of the original films by way of telling everyone they're actually pussies compared to these other guys you haven't seen yet.

I will carve this into stone.

Peakius Baragonius

Quote from: ShadowPred on Dec 10, 2010, 07:33:30 PM
Quote from: Kriszilla on Dec 10, 2010, 04:38:59 PM

I will carve this into stone.

And cover it in Xenomorph resin.

Poor Falconer and Tracker. What a waste of great designs.

ShadowPred

There is no point to cover the stone carving with anything, it's already carved into stone, that's going to be there forever.

Peakius Baragonius

Quote from: ShadowPred on Dec 11, 2010, 02:06:15 AM
There is no point to cover the stone carving with anything, it's already carved into stone, that's going to be there forever.

True, but we don't want to take our chances around Xenomorph blood, do we?  ;)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed