Would "Predators" have been better without the alpha predators?

Started by Badmothafcka312, Dec 02, 2010, 10:49:44 PM

Author
Would "Predators" have been better without the alpha predators? (Read 5,011 times)

Badmothafcka312

Badmothafcka312

I'm one of those guys who didn't like the war between predators. Sure it's great to see new predators with their masks and weapons and predators going head to head. But that whole alpha predator stuff was a bad move. Probably because they introduced them 23 years after the original.....

Where are they going to go with this idea? If they concentrate on this war on sequel, this will most likely lead to humans teaming up with predators against predators. <--- Now we all know that's not the way to go, just watch AvP again.

I think it would have been much better film if "new"predators would have just been hunting side by side with the "old" ones.

But if you must have a fight between predators here's what I would do:

There would be five predators. One of them goes berserk and kills one of his mates. Other three beat him up and strap him into that pole you saw in the film. Then, like in the film one of the humans releases him in hope of getting off the planet. WRONG! The Predator kills him and dissapears. Then it would start hunting both it's mates and the humans. Humans strugle to find a way off the planet. while the "bad blood" hunts down and kills two of his mates, before going after humans.   

I'm not the best storyteller in the universe but I think this would have been better than the "predator war".

Lets go nuts on this subject people. :D

Ghostface

I personally felt that Classic had no place or purpose in this film. He felt like an afterthought addition (whether he was or not, thats the feeling I got from the film). It seemed that it was only there to show then old predator again. If it was taken out of the film, the story wouldn't have been effected. Royce wouldn't have cut him down, the ship wouldn't have flow off only to blow up after take off. Personally I felt that apart from the actual pred fight, classic hindered the pace of the film and could have easily been ommited for more screentime for the other preds.

ShadowPred

The main problem with this movie were the Super Preds. Basiccally, yes, this movie would have been better without the super preds.

bleau

If Classic wasn't in this then the Super Preds could of been just normal Preds.
The Predator War thing sounds dumb to me anyways, seems like something the SB would do.

Stalker

The new predators were great. I don't see why people have to differentiate them so much from the originals when they're almost exactly the same creature. It's not like they messed with the design that much.

Uncanny Antman

Quote from: Stalker on Dec 06, 2010, 07:36:03 AM
I don't see why people have to differentiate them so much from the originals when they're almost exactly the same creature.
Because we all have different opinions.  The new design doesn't do it for me, but I'm happy for anyone who likes it.  I don't mind the bodies, but the face look like shit.

And yeah, I'd have preferred the movie stick with regular Predators.  In my opinion, nothing positive was brought to the film by having the new ones.  If anything, the new guys only made the Classic Pred look better.   After being strung up for days, he still holds his own against SuperPred for a while.

Dark Passenger

you know when the old school predators reckon the new ones are ugly, then theres definately a problem.  :P
and yes. the movie could have dont without the whole 'pred war'.
Also if your gonna have that in a movie, expand on it.

Ghostface

I dont have a problem with the whole "bad blood" concept, but it needs to serve a purpose and drive the narrative. Budget and time restraints were clearly evident in this movie, there were a lot of good ideas that seemed rushed and unexplored, leaving them ultimately unnecessary. Stickmen, Nolan, Classic were just a few.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Ok, let's take out the Black Predators.

BANG

Stickman takes the scene, he destroys all.

Awesome.

ShadowPred

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Dec 06, 2010, 01:24:39 PM

BANG

Awesome.

I would have seen that a million times in theaters.

Peakius Baragonius

Quote from: Ghostface on Dec 06, 2010, 12:21:40 PM
I dont have a problem with the whole "bad blood" concept, but it needs to serve a purpose and drive the narrative. Budget and time restraints were clearly evident in this movie, there were a lot of good ideas that seemed rushed and unexplored, leaving them ultimately unnecessary. Stickmen, Nolan, Classic were just a few.

BANG

Awesome.
Quote from: ShadowPred on Dec 06, 2010, 01:27:53 PM

BANG

Awesome.

I would have seen that a million times in theaters.

That IS awesome!

I must concur with all that has been said in this thread, but really...I would take Classic Predators-humans-Stickman alliance against the Super Predators would be far better than watching the Predators, supposedly the ultimate hunters in the universe, get their hineys handed to them by a bunch of frickin' humans for the fourth goshdarn movie in a row.

Would you all have liked it better if Scar had attacked Lexa when she encountered her, only for her to impale him with her pickaxe and chopped his head off at the last moment?

Apologies for being blunt, but in comparison to the Predators before them, Berserker, Tracker, and Falconer were utter pansies. If they are to do something with the Super Predators, rather than just following on the development of the Classic Predators from Predator 2, then they should

a. Have the Classic Predators form an "alliance" with the humans and the Stickmans and kick the crud out of the Super Predators
b. Fulfill the Super Predators' potential awesomeness and make them into credible threats (ex. http://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=34973.0)
c. Do Both, including developing the Predators' culture and having no easy victory (My choice!)

What do you guys think? Should something be done with the Super Predators by the time Predator: Resurrection rolls around? Or should they be made to pay for unleashing multiple instances of gosh-awful CGI upon us? What say you?

FUZION PREDATOR

For me if there where only 1 Pred ( berseker indeed) who controled the hound and the falcon.
and no superior/inferior pred types b*llshit.

This movie would be 1000 times better (for me of course)

Infected

Or Dutch replaced the part of the classic pred and the classic preds replaced the super preds.

FUZION PREDATOR

Quote from: Infected on Dec 07, 2010, 08:47:08 PM
Or Dutch replaced the part of the classic pred and the classic preds replaced the super preds.

Hey why not  ;)
All i want is  just 1 "bad pred" not a bunch of expandable preds

Peakius Baragonius

Quote from: FUZION PREDATOR on Dec 07, 2010, 09:02:22 PM
Quote from: Infected on Dec 07, 2010, 08:47:08 PM

Hey why not  ;)
All i want is  just 1 "bad pred" not a bunch of expandable preds

I really think that Predators would have worked better if they'd gone with the original plot from the start, which involved Dutch and a bunch of Space Marines (presumably a small army) banding together against 50+ Super Predators, with one Classic Predator helping them. Not only that, but for no apparent reason, Dutch starts the film out on a pirate ship. A pirate ship.

Tell me that wouldn't have been awesome.

True, some parts of the draft sound like utter fill-in-the-blank, but the lots-of-people-against -lots-of-monsters plot would have worked much better for a film called Predators than the small-group-against-monster plot seen in the original Alien and Predator. Instead, we got the latter, with two extra monsters tacked on to justify the title but make the main creature seem less threatening.

I hope that Predator Resurrection delivers or even gets made, or else Predators' existence will be for naught. Aside from being somewhat entertaining, that is.  ;D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed