Wolfs and Dogs *SPOILERS*

Started by Eidotemit, Jul 09, 2010, 01:21:42 PM

Author
Wolfs and Dogs *SPOILERS* (Read 3,113 times)

Adey

Adey

The ship could have been classics, but after his capture BSP could have rigged it with a bomb or hacked it before Brody got there cos noland knew about it so it was there for a while, leaving plenty of time to do whatever to it just incase classic escaped.

Anto of the Sand

Anto of the Sand

Who's to say that the other SPs looked like Mr.Black ? Maybe they're just badbloods ? If you look at Pred culture, a bad blood may have a decent reason for being such. Losing your honor, failing to follow a command (regardless of how unfair it was) and many other things require that a Preds life be taken as punishment. If your superior told you to do something that you knew would result in death for everyone in your team, you'd defie him. In Pred culture this would mean the death penalty, it makes sense that you'd be pretty pissed about it.
Also, the name Mr. Black might have been a throw off. Without the mask "he" looked pretty female in places.
And I don't think it's an issue about the Classic and the New Pred both controlling the ship. That's probably just how they go about doing it. It's not like a car, where you put the alarm on, it's a military vehicle. It's reasonable to believe that it was the Super Preds ship, but since the only Classic Pred nearby was nearly dead and chained up, they didn't worry.

Cloak_Dagger

Cloak_Dagger

I re-watched the movie today, after taking a day to calm down over the horrors of the day before (:D).

During the chill out moment at Nolans' summer retreat, they talk about how they come back each season, bringing something new to the table, ex... new weapons, armor, tactics... etc, Spetznatz mentions 'like evolution, trying to be better killers'...which got me thinking.

I figured, it wouldn't be a far off shout to say that yes there could be a break off point between the species at one point when one clan decided that biological improvements were needed to make them the better 'hunters'.  By doing this there could have been a mutation with their DNA, which meant that the following generations would suffer side effects such as aggressiveness, becoming more sadistic in nature as in being more about the kill than the hunt, deformed facial features... etc.

Trade-off with this 'improvement' by the offending clan; is that the main clans looked down on the biological method of improving themselves, and saw it as 'cheating'.  Who then cast out the clan, who then take it personal and to prove they are the better hunters; start hunting the normal clans.

Their technology is similar, but not the same.  Did anyone notice the difference between SP's arm console with that of the classics?

Captain Salt

Captain Salt

Quote from: PREDLLIT on Jul 09, 2010, 09:01:54 PM
Come on guys! They explained it in the movie to try and put your own tastes on it doesn't make sense. RR always referred to them as a nastier breed.

Which is why I said I preferred the ORIGINAL concept in the earlier script, which was obviously dropped.

But in any case, the Super Preds pretty much looked, sounded like, and acted like regular Preds, (except for the whole "stringing up Classic" thing), so there wasn't much of a difference anyway.

BTW, anyone figure out why Noland referred to the Supers as "the big ones"? Because when they were on-screen together, Mr. Black and Classic seemed to be the same size... ???

Anto of the Sand

Anto of the Sand

Yeah, that confused me too. Esp. because everyone I knew kept asking why the new Preds are being made smaller.

Eidotemit

Eidotemit

Come on guys! They explained it in the movie to try and put your own tastes on it doesn't make sense. RR always referred to them as a nastier breed. Just like dogs they're different through different breeding. As far as why they are both on the planet Noland says the big ones hunt the little ones. They probably put them there just like the humans but having a hatred toward them wanted it to suffer before they killed it.

I know that they are different breeds, I never drew that into question. The possibility I was suggesting was that these different breeds could in fact actually be a part of the same society/clan, and that there are just race and class divisions between the breeds.

Xeros Kore

Xeros Kore

Quote from: Captain Salt on Jul 10, 2010, 02:21:52 PM
Come on guys! They explained it in the movie to try and put your own tastes on it doesn't make sense. RR always referred to them as a nastier breed.

Which is why I said I preferred the ORIGINAL concept in the earlier script, which was obviously dropped.

But in any case, the Super Preds pretty much looked, sounded like, and acted like regular Preds, (except for the whole "stringing up Classic" thing), so there wasn't much of a difference anyway.

BTW, anyone figure out why Noland referred to the Supers as "the big ones"? Because when they were on-screen together, Mr. Black and Classic seemed to be the same size... ???

On screen Mr Black seemed MUCH larger than the Classic.  Both of them had about the same head to body ratio in terms of size, and when they both got in close face-to-face, Black's head was noticably alot bigger.  Also when they both slammed into each other at teh start of the fight, it was pretty obvious that Mr Black towered over the classic.  (yes, all the actors were smaller than the original pred actors, so the suits were also smaller, but using clever camera techniques, it made them seem a lot larger)

Anto of the Sand

Anto of the Sand

His head was bigger, but when they collided, I looked for a size difference and just couldn't see one.

GeorgeCaplin

GeorgeCaplin

I would have prefered it if the classic pred was the big breed and that it hunted the newer breeds. They looked more tribal and caveman like compared to the more clean cut classic look. It could have made better sense too if the three had managed to beat up the and capture the big one and tie him up not to give him a warriors death, the bigggest insult. Then when brody frees him they go to his ship. Then instead of Mr Black blowing the ship up with remote he could of shot it down.

Anto of the Sand

Anto of the Sand

Yeah, I'd also prefer the classics being the bigger ones and that the three new guys were getting a little revenge. It makes me really wanna see a big ass Celtic style Classic come in and kick a little ass.

Stalker

Stalker

In a film like this you don't want the new antagonists to be less formidable than what we've already seen. The super predators needed a more fearsome image. To be honest, aside from them being uglier & more brutish, I didn't notice much of a physical difference between the new breed & the classic predator.

Quote from: Anto of the Sand on Jul 11, 2010, 08:13:48 AM
Yeah, I'd also prefer the classics being the bigger ones and that the three new guys were getting a little revenge. It makes me really wanna see a big ass Celtic style Classic come in and kick a little ass.

Gort from Predator 2 would have done nicely.

Anyway, as far as the possibility of the two breeds once being a part of the same tribe or clan, it's possible. A logical theory could be that the larger predators wanted more challenging sport, & so turned to hunting their own kind, thus creating a divide between the sub-species.

Sabres21768

Sabres21768

Even Royce said (referring to himself and quoting Hemingway) "There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter."

It's obviously meant to draw a correlation to what these new Preds are doing.

Once you hunt your own race, nothing else compares.

Aeus

Aeus

Then why bother with the humans...

Anto of the Sand

Anto of the Sand

Maybe they were for the Classics.

Dusk

Dusk

I think it's to stay in training and to learn new tricks. Observing what other species have to offer, what their tactics are. And then to use them for your own.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed