Wolfs and Dogs *SPOILERS*

Started by Eidotemit, Jul 09, 2010, 01:21:42 PM

Author
Wolfs and Dogs *SPOILERS* (Read 3,114 times)

Foundationman2

Foundationman2

The whole idea of SBP as a genetic-enhancement theory, goes totally against the whole predator honor system IMO.

MoBiUGeArSkIn

MoBiUGeArSkIn

I dunno why people keep talking about strains. They're just different ethnicity. It's not as if ethnicity hasn't ever been an issue for the human race. Why shouldn't it be an issue here?

Kriszilla

Kriszilla

Quote from: Foundationman2 on Jul 09, 2010, 08:01:10 PM
The whole idea of SBP as a genetic-enhancement theory, goes totally against the whole predator honor system IMO.

Which really only exists in the books. Which are not canon the movies have to follow.

Dusk

Dusk

I always like to remind people of one particular moment in Predator 1. When he shot someone cloaked in the back. So much for your honor. That honor stuff is bogus. At least the extend of it that most people think they have. If they have rules, they change them whenever they see fit. And they mostly are in the Predator's favor anyway.

Xeros Kore

Xeros Kore

After having just seen the film, my personal take on it is that the Classic Predator clan, while still very violent, fights for honor (in a sense) and sport, coming and taking on its prey in the element it discovers them in.  The SPs, which I believe to be a different species altogether but evolved along similar lines, are far more barbaric and brutal.  It would not surprise me if the SPs actually stole technology from the classic preds.  The SPs used very basic weaponry and booby traps, while in Predator 2 (and the AvP series, if you want to count those as well) we see the Classic clan use more and more advanced weaponry.  If this is the case, even if the Super Preds didn't steal their technologies from the Classics, then the Classic's technology could have developed much farther along, allowing it to hack into the systems with relative ease.  Something else to support my theory that the classics have superior technology is that (i'd assume) the SPs could see each other while cloaked, but Berserker could not see Classic when he cloaked...

LLIT

LLIT

Come on guys! They explained it in the movie to try and put your own tastes on it doesn't make sense. RR always referred to them as a nastier breed. Just like dogs they're different through different breeding. As far as why they are both on the planet Noland says the big ones hunt the little ones. They probably put them there just like the humans but having a hatred toward them wanted it to suffer before they killed it.

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

Quote from: Foundationman2 on Jul 09, 2010, 08:01:10 PM

Unless you consider them Bad Bloods. 

Cap. Fitzgerald

Cap. Fitzgerald

PREDLLIT has it right, it doesn't make any sense to put your own spin on it. If it isnt broken dont fix.     

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Quote from: MoBiUGeArSkIn on Jul 09, 2010, 08:04:55 PM
I dunno why people keep talking about strains. They're just different ethnicity. It's not as if ethnicity hasn't ever been an issue for the human race. Why shouldn't it be an issue here?

Because thats a simple and elegant solution, and people enjoy making up contrived stuff about honor and bad bloods and so forth.

If the classic Predator is a Native American Warrior, the Super Preds are African Warriors. They're still the same species, just not from the same place. Its simply, it makes sense.

YautjaWarrior

YautjaWarrior

Now I know this isn't canon so don't freak out on me, but when looking at the books that have come out with a Predator POV (namely the 2 I'm thinking of are AvP: Prey and Predator: Forever Midnight) there are actually 2 types of Predator: Yautja and Hish. Yautja being the "honorable samurai" sort of flavor while the Hish were more sadistic crazy not very honorable killers.

So I kinda look at Classic being more yautja whereas Mr. Black comes off like the Hish predator interpretation... this is all just AU thinking, but it clicked in my head.

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

Quote from: YautjaWarrior on Jul 10, 2010, 05:47:54 AM
Now I know this isn't canon so don't freak out on me, but when looking at the books that have come out with a Predator POV (namely the 2 I'm thinking of are AvP: Prey and Predator: Forever Midnight) there are actually 2 types of Predator: Yautja and Hish. Yautja being the "honorable samurai" sort of flavor while the Hish were more sadistic crazy not very honorable killers.

So I kinda look at Classic being more yautja whereas Mr. Black comes off like the Hish predator interpretation... this is all just AU thinking, but it clicked in my head.

That thought crossed my mind as well.

Friendly Wise

Friendly Wise

Quote from: PREDLLIT on Jul 09, 2010, 09:01:54 PM
Come on guys! They explained it in the movie to try and put your own tastes on it doesn't make sense. RR always referred to them as a nastier breed. Just like dogs they're different through different breeding. As far as why they are both on the planet Noland says the big ones hunt the little ones. They probably put them there just like the humans but having a hatred toward them wanted it to suffer before they killed it.

As he said, I believe they explained the concept well enough in the movie. Idk, why everyone is trying to add their specific take on it.

Sol

Sol

Ok, I just wanna state that I never looked at Predators as having "honor". It's about Sport.

Sport and honor are two different things. Now, these new "Super Predators" were just having a good ol' time. It wasn't about the hunt. It was literally about wiping them out, one wave (of prey) at a time, however they could.

That much was apparent.

And yea. As Nolan stated, it's like Wolves and Dogs. Both are related. Not the same creatures. Wolves > Dogs.

Aran

Aran

I dont believe the Super Preds' weaponry and equipment are inferior to the normal Preds. I'd say its the same, only diff.

Just imagine 2 different Spec Ops team. Obviously both teams wont have the "exactly" same stuff. Granted, maybe Team A has a better sniper rifle but Team B does have a better bazooka, for example.

cvetan

cvetan

I always thought that the "Super Black Predator" were outcasts, rejected by the classical society where honour is like a religion. The outcasts may have formed groups, creating a whole new culture and taking a different evolutionary path. Or if you look at the Berserker's face, it looks almost carved, perhaps they have purposely carved thier face in order to become a more menacing hunter. I say this because we only see one of the "Super Black Predators" face, we can't compare it to others apart from the classics and that because predators have an extremely long life time, evolution would take extremely long.

For the classic predator being on the game reserve, I assumed that the "Super Black Predators" caught him, in the same way that they caught the humans, dumping a group of predators to hunt, what else makes for more of a dangerous prey.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed