AvPG Exclusive: Prometheus Concept Art

Started by Corporal Hicks, Apr 01, 2011, 07:00:21 AM

Author
AvPG Exclusive: Prometheus Concept Art (Read 74,318 times)

Fujimaster

I know its not 'canon' but isnt pred tech speculated as stolen technology, i know i have readit in a book or graphic novel somewhere. Such a primative social society having such advanced weaponry is a big contrast.

Hive Tyrant

Hive Tyrant

Quote from: Hive Tyrant on Apr 01, 2011, 08:55:20 AM
Good joke guys. :D

What did I tell you?

EDIT: I almost forgot - magnificent job, Cellien.  :)

The Hyena

The Hyena

At first looking at the art piece I was a bit confused...then I thought about it.  The Predator cannon is the only part that is 'out-there' from the normal design.

But, does this not fit the idea that the Predator got its tech (reversed-engineered it) from a much more intelligent race?  If that is true; then that means the Predator Shouldercannon is a reverse-engineered tech as well.  Interestingly this fits very well.  Jockies have amazing tech; Preds learn and improve their own tech from them.  Then humans reverse-engineer FTL travel from the Preds.

Jockies haven't really been in much to say 'what' is canon for them; except for the overall body look.  I think the Shouldercannon is more fitting to them than the Preds imo. (Jockies just don't look like an amazing melee race.  I think that one Jockey comic can be ignored)

Interestingly...I'm getting Newborn vibes from its face.  Expecially the eyes.

SiL

SiL

...hello? April Fools joke?

The Hyena

So the whole thing is a joke?

Well...thats pretty shitty keeping it up after April 1st.

SiL

SiL

It's ... the first paragraph of the news post says it's a joke. The last three pages of this thread have been about it being a joke. How did you miss this?

The Hyena

Because it didn't specifically say the image below was a fake.  It sounded like they had a different image up; then replaced it with the proper one after the joke.

I wasn't on here when the post was first made; so I really had no way of telling.

Shame.  The picture was very fitting.  I liked the Newborn like eyes.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Hey The Hyena, been some time.

The Xenoborg

I really admire the artwork. I'm a student in Arts and I am really mesmerized with the meticulous pencil work. I want to grow up and be like Cellien :)

Teape

It's actually kinda crappy.  Not skill-wise but, I mean, has anyone read the empire article or even seen the original SJ art by Giger?  The thing is going to have a glass helmet.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Err... I guess Jockeys are born with glass helmets?

Valaquen

Quote from: Teape on Apr 02, 2011, 03:08:00 PM
It's actually kinda crappy.  Not skill-wise but, I mean, has anyone read the empire article or even seen the original SJ art by Giger?  The thing is going to have a glass helmet.

The Hyena

The Jockey looks like it has a natural Gas-Mask than a Glass Helmet imo; going by its corpse.

Vulhala

I really can't believe it went so far. Cellien trolled half the Internet  :laugh:

Lost Predator

I have to say I'm kind of disappointed about the joke. I liked the small, but firm item connecting the two races. Oh well, at least its a Alien prequel, sort of.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed