Currently Playing

Started by Ratchetcomand, Nov 15, 2007, 01:14:30 AM

Author
Currently Playing (Read 954,904 times)

Wweyland

Wweyland

Playing Batman: The Telltale Series. A bit unfitting format for a Batman game but I enjoy the Bruce Wayne sections.

Stitch

Stitch

Quote from: Wweyland on Oct 30, 2022, 08:32:55 PMPlaying Batman: The Telltale Series. A bit unfitting format for a Batman game but I enjoy the Bruce Wayne sections.
I quite liked Batman: TTG, I thought it was an interesting alternative continuity.

It's better than Gotham Knights.

Bayonetta 3

It's enjoyable but feels slightly off from previous games. Might be because of the camera and the dithering. They're clearly pushing the Switch further than it should go, and so the resulting graphical effects and frame rate range from good, to barely acceptable. So much dithering. I thought we got past that decades ago.

Wweyland

Wweyland

The "combat" sections in Batman: Telltale series just make you wish you played the Arkham series instead.

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Mount and Blade 2: Bannerlord

Livin' the Mongol steppe horde life style. Livin', lovin', laughin' as I stand upon a mountain of crushed enemies.

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Continuing Bannerlord...

Why haven't gone this far with the Khuzaits before, I've discovered a fun I didn't know there was before.

I built up a small all cavalry warband of horse archers and lancers then signed a mercenary contract with the Western Empire in a war against the Northern Empire, at first I wasn't having fun because we were losing the huge army battles and I'd lose more troops because of the west Imperial's failures...

... then I stopped being part of the armies and tried out raiding behind enemy lines and it turns out the Khuzaits are perfect for this. In particular I've been targeting villages that produce horses so that I can trample over the local militia peasants then steal all the horses, horses being important actually as a requirement to upgrade cavalry troops and my force is all cavalry.

The raiding also disrupts and distracts the Northern Empire which actually helped the Western Empire start winning their bigger battles.

I'd even fight enemy warbands too, if too big or strong my 100% cavalry force is fast enough to easily out run them, but even if I'm outnumbered by 30 to 40 but they have very little cavalry and mostly infantry then I'll actually take them on and in battle I'd just have my horse archers follow me and I'd just circle around the enemy group and whittle them down one by one while taking little to no casualties myself, and if the battle drags on and my horse archers run out of arrows then I just retreat from the battle to reset it, end up in the overworld map again and then just attack again and enter round 2 with full arrows again and a much smaller enemy than before.

And because the enemy warband is larger than mine I get a bunch of renown and influence when I defeat them, and I've been lucky too and have been able to take several lords prisoner which I hold for ransom.

I entered the war with just 6,000 denars and 5 horses in the inventory, the war ended with me now having 37,000 denars and over 40 horses. I'd call that a good war campaign for me.

Edit: And I just made a whole 'nother whopping 37,409 denars from selling all the loot I picked up through my raiding campaign, now totaling 75k!  ;D

Wweyland

Wweyland

Trying to finish Dishonored 2, but I am being too much of a completionist and getting bored with it.

Stitch

Stitch

Got God of War: Ragnarök and Sonic Frontiers the other day.

Started with GoW because I thought I'd be spoiled online sooner than Sonic. After playing a bit of Sonic, though, that's the game I've continued playing, which is a little weird.

Partially because I still don't quite *get it*. It's a weird game, and I'm over 1/3 through it, but it still hasn't clicked yet. Weird.

Wweyland

Wweyland

Started Batman: Arkham Origins, the stepchild Arkham game, but I hear it's still pretty good.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: Wweyland on Nov 11, 2022, 10:35:43 PMStarted Batman: Arkham Origins, the stepchild Arkham game, but I hear it's still pretty good.

I don't want to over-hype it, but it's definitely underrated.

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Bannerlord

Moving up in the world from mercenary to Mongol-esque warlord and from raiding small villages to besieging castles and towns and destroying larger enemy armies.

Even got married now that I've got my own town and castle, bitches love castles.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Silent Hill 2 Enhanced Edition

Wweyland

Wweyland

I finished the first Telltale Batman series.
I thought it was very decent and looking forward to the second season with Joker.

Stitch

Stitch

Quote from: Wweyland on Nov 11, 2022, 10:35:43 PMStarted Batman: Arkham Origins, the stepchild Arkham game, but I hear it's still pretty good.
It's my favourite Arkham game.

I finished Sonic Frontiers. 100%.

Now back to GoW Ragnarok. Not gonna lie, I did not expect this to be the order I finished these games in. New Sonic turns out to be surprisingly playable, and of the two, it was the one I kept wanting to come back to.

Darkness

Darkness

Finished Little Nightmares 2 this week. Very creepy platformer and definitely inspired by The Ring.

I've started on Final Fantasy VII Remake now.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Getting back into this after dropping it for a long while. Recently, I've compeletely f**ked a side quest by using my signs on reflex when I wasn't supposed to, did away with an ice giant, ran into some pirates who turned out to be Cthulhu worshipping cultists, and inadvertently selected a new ruler by choosing to play detective. :laugh:

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed