Kelly O' Brian and Lt Ripley-The Common Factor...

Started by A.Nightmare, Aug 29, 2007, 02:51:09 PM

Author
Kelly O' Brian and Lt Ripley-The Common Factor... (Read 1,103 times)

A.Nightmare

Well..after viewing the Trailer for AVP:Requiem, it is safe to say that O'Brian (Reiko Aylesworth), the main female lead has traits and characteristics of Ripley (Weaver). Do you believe that she will be a stronger female lead than that of the first AVP film's female lead character, Sanaa Lathan? Also...what do you see in O'Brain that reflects the Ripley Character? 

SuicideSquad

at the very least she's a better actress with far more experience.

The Ultimate Predator

Quote from: SuicideSquad on Aug 29, 2007, 03:12:32 PM

Indeed. Maybe she will do a good job. Wish there was a strong leading man though.

A.Nightmare

Yeah...she is better than that actress that was in AVP...hopefully have better dialog  as well...

darkbladepred

Quote from: The Ultimate Predator on Aug 29, 2007, 03:13:29 PM
Quote from: SuicideSquad on Aug 29, 2007, 03:12:32 PM

Indeed. Maybe she will do a good job. Wish there was a strong leading man though.

I agree. We need a Hicks/Dutch to go with this new Ripley.

The Ultimate Predator

Or just a Hicks/Dutch, like in Predator. This film looks there will be one leading hero. I haven't got a problem with that. I do have a problem with it being a women yet again.

Two heroes can work to an extent, but look at Aliens, Ripley was still the main hero, I would like it if the main hero here was a man, and maybe all other strong cast be men, like in Predator. I suppose though, in a town setting,t hat really can't be done. But having a leading man could.

YutaniDitch

YutaniDitch

Quote from: A.Nightmare on Aug 29, 2007, 03:14:21 PM
Yeah...she is better than that actress that was in AVP...hopefully have better dialog  as well...

At least, Sanaa was pretty... ;D ;) And she was good in the movie with Denzel Washington...What is the movie's name...? And has far more experience in Hollywood movies than TV actress Reiko Aylesworth... ::)

I don't like Reiko's acting...she can do strongwilled, obnoxius female characters like in 24, but so can a zillion others... I don't see any charisma value in her... She is quite ordinary as an actress, though better than the rest of the cast, which is not saying much...

The dialog bit, we'll have to wait and see...

But knowing Shane Salerno's writing, I would be surprised if it was anything else than cheesy, clichéd and easy throwaway one-liners... :D

The Ultimate Predator

A lot of people can, but she looks alright. You've got to pick one to fit the scrip, haven't you?

YutaniDitch

Quote from: The Ultimate Predator on Aug 29, 2007, 03:37:47 PM
A lot of people can, but she looks alright. You've got to pick one to fit the scrip, haven't you?

I guess... ;) and she was cheap too, so that leaves more for the VFX, right...? ;D ;)

The Ultimate Predator

Lol. I think she will be ok. Just wish they changed the script.

Meathead320

From what I saw in the trailer, when I heard her scream "hold on", and "the army thinks about containment first" her voice sounded a LOT like Ripley.

A.Nightmare

Yeah, when she screamed hold on..it reminded me of the scene from Aliens, when Ripley was in the APC getting out of the hive with the marines...

This could be a film where no one survives...that lil twist always happens. Or it could be where the bad guy wins...The Company if not the military gets their hands on an alien and that opens it up for another film in the future...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed