Guy reviews AVP:R. Major Spoilers

Started by Accaris, Dec 19, 2007, 01:40:17 PM

Author
Guy reviews AVP:R. Major Spoilers (Read 13,297 times)

SyntaX

SyntaX

This reads EXACTLY the same as the Gac666 review posted here. No new information, no nothing. This is the same review except this one has BETTER spelling.

A fricking troll who pops up with 1 post. Colin, care to explain this?

Porkus Maximus

I'm not suprised with the plot/characters/writing/dialog being shit, I already expected that.  I'm not suprised that the predalien reproduction method is shit, I was expecting that although I did have a small glimmer of hope that they'd be able to do something good with it.  I was expecting the aliens to be cannon fodder but I was at least hoping for some interesting looking fights but from the sound of it the action sequences arn't on par.  Might be a case of quantity > quality.  The end battle between the predalien and predator sounds disheartening, especially if  they really are gonna have a boxing match. =/

Daweism

Daweism

Quote from: Porkus Maximus on Dec 19, 2007, 02:13:02 PM
I'm not suprised with the plot/characters/writing/dialog being shit, I already expected that.  I'm not suprised that the predalien reproduction method is shit, I was expecting that although I did have a small glimmer of hope that they'd be able to do something good with it.  I was expecting the aliens to be cannon fodder but I was at least hoping for some interesting looking fights but from the sound of it the action sequences arn't on par.  Might be a case of quantity > quality.  The end battle between the predalien and predator sounds disheartening, especially if  they really are gonna have a boxing match. =/

Yeah that makes no fkn sense when the Pred can quickly just blast the Predalien and get out in his ship before the nuke hits rather than feeling HONORABLE and fighting the Predalien with his bare hands... that's just over board.

Clydewyman

I actually had my doubts on this film after I've watched the 5 Minutes Clip in which the Predator shoots at Chet and in turn, intentionally (or unintentionally) damages the ship and crash landed on Earth.

Demonio Cazador

Quote from: SyntaX on Dec 19, 2007, 02:09:54 PM
This reads EXACTLY the same as the Gac666 review posted here. No new information, no nothing. This is the same review except this one has BETTER spelling.

I don't think Colin will be posting here in a long time...if ever again  :-\

Daweism

Daweism

Quote from: Demonio Cazador on Dec 19, 2007, 02:19:27 PM
Quote from: SyntaX on Dec 19, 2007, 02:09:54 PM

He better not bitch out!

Porkus Maximus

Well I believe 1 of his shoulder cannons gets broken and the other gets knocked off and that's when Dalas gets hold of it so he's got no ranged weapons.  The predalien disarms him of his wip, it looks like he'll use his spear at some point but probably looses that as well.

I can understand the predator fighting with his bare hands if he has nothing left, I mean I don't expect him to just shrug and give up but an unarmed predator against a PREDALIEN of all things should be dead meat... the predalien should just tear him limb from limb or spear him with his tail.  We all know the predalien does eventually put his tail through the predators chest but from the sounds of it this doesn't happen until after they've spent several minutes punching/slapping eachother.

Clydewyman

Quote from: Daweism on Dec 19, 2007, 02:20:27 PM

He better not bitch out!

Why should he? After all, this is his and Greg's film and not to mention, Colin is our fellow member right now. Probably he's been busy, perhaps?

Let's not jump to conclusions, shall we?

Gacu666

Gacu666

He still had his wristblades on him, but decided to not use them until the very end. The bare handed fight was intentional, cause it just looked like in P1 when the Predator took off his mask and all that.

Oh I'm sorry for not being native English, but I don't give a damn, anyway.

Daweism

Daweism

Quote from: Gacu666 on Dec 19, 2007, 02:24:54 PM
He still had his wristblades on him, but decided to not use them until the very end. The bare handed fight was intentional, cause it just looked like in P1 when the Predator took off his mask and all that.

Oh I'm sorry for not being native English, but I don't give a damn, anyway.

I know... why are the trying to remake the end scene of Predator one... Wolf is here to clean, not collect trophies...

Porkus Maximus

QuoteHe still had his wristblades on him, but decided to not use them until the very end.

See this is what I was affraid of, both creatures are very capable of killing the other but they simply... chose not to?  Requires too much suspension of disbelief.

SyntaX

SyntaX

I wasn't judging you Gacu666. But his review contains the SAME stuff you posted on here. His post is correct, grammar wise.

He might just have ripped it straight from you though ;-)

slipknotpredator

Maybe its the same guy!  :D

Gacu666

Gacu666

Check his IP ;P.

I try to be grammaticaly correct, but my Firefox is fixing the polish mistakes not english, gotta change it to english.

And the guy didn't rip from me, cause I didn't say anything about the end in my review and he mentions the:

SPOILER:

Military getting hands on the plasma caster and introducing it to Ms. Yutani the chinese/japanese babe.

Gates

Gates

Both reviews have similarities, but the one from rottentomatoes has added things that Gacu666 never mentioned...so I believe both to be legit...

Quote from: Demonio Cazador on Dec 19, 2007, 02:19:27 PM

Yeah...he did what he had to do, I'd be really surprised if he shows up again...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed