Do you read comic books?

Yes, all the time
No, never ever
Sometimes, here and there
Author
Comic Book Readers (Read 903,655 times)

Jason Todd Voorhees

Jason Todd Voorhees

I cant wait for the Beyonder to make his grand return hopefully they dont botch him yet again.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

I'm currently rereading From Hell. The sheer amount of detail and research makes me miss when Alan Moore wasn't just a real life version of Grampa Simpson yelling at a cloud.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Oh I've been dying for this to happen since... well, since Silver Surfer Black. Tradd Moore is doing a Doctor Strange comic!

QuoteWritten and drawn by Moore, DOCTOR STRANGE: FALL SUNRISE #1 will kick off a four-issue miniseries starring the Good Doctor. The debut issue will send Strange to a strange new world, where he'll have to fight just to survive even as he unearths its mystical secrets.

In this series, Doctor Strange awakens alone in a distant world not his own. Lost of purpose and surrounded by danger, the wandering sorcerer must explore this land of blades and mystery to unravel arcane secrets and escape the deadly horrors that lie in wait! From the fantastical mind of creator Tradd Moore comes a Strange story like you've never seen!

DOCTOR STRANGE: FALL SUNRISE #1 (of 4)
Written by TRADD MOORE
Art by TRADD MOORE
Wraparound Cover by TRADD MOORE

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/tradd-moore-brings-back-doctor-strange-from-the-dead-in-november/

Immortan Jonesy

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Reading through both Hellboy and B.P.R.D. now.

Immortan Jonesy

Prez

Prez

So my most favourite recent Sci-fi opera on TV, The Expanse is getting the graphic novel treatment with a kickstarter.

I think they've well and truly met their funding goal.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/boom-studios/the-expanse-dragon-tooth-reveals-the-missing-years

;D  :o

Note: It seems a few backers have rightly shared previous experiences (issues) with Boom's kickstarter campaigns + those shipping costs are eye watering to say the least.

Ingwar

Ingwar

I'm waiting for them two:

The Witcher: The Lesser Evil (based upon Sapkowski's short story) in June 21

The Witcher Volume 7: The Ballad of Two Wolves in August 29

Cosmic Incubation

Cosmic Incubation

I used to be someone who thought of Superman as cliche or lame. But over the years I've really started developing an appreciation and interest in him, especially the more thematic elements of hope and goodness. So I'm starting to track down and read some of his series.

Yesterday I found a paperback for All-Star Superman and a hardback for Kingdom Come at my local Half Price Books. I hear these are some of his best, so I'm looking forward to checking them out!

Wweyland

Wweyland

The Superman Alien/Predator crossovers are kind of fun as well.

Cosmic Incubation

Cosmic Incubation

Quote from: Wweyland on Mar 01, 2023, 11:30:26 PMThe Superman Alien/Predator crossovers are kind of fun as well.

I've been wanting to read those for a long time actually. I saw the issues for Superman vs Aliens at a HPB a while back, and I'm kicking myself for passing on them.

My small-town local library had Batman vs Predator though, and I read that many times as a kid lol

First Blood

First Blood

Quote from: Cosmic Incubation on Mar 01, 2023, 11:15:46 PMI used to be someone who thought of Superman as cliche or lame. But over the years I've really started developing an appreciation and interest in him, especially the more thematic elements of hope and goodness. So I'm starting to track down and read some of his series.

Yesterday I found a paperback for All-Star Superman and a hardback for Kingdom Come at my local Half Price Books. I hear these are some of his best, so I'm looking forward to checking them out!

Excellent choices. I've started a Superman re-read myself. Starting with Superman: The Man of Steel HC Volume One by John Byrne.

You should definitely seek out Superman by Grant Morrison and Superman by Peter J. Tomasi and Patrick Gleeson. Also Superman Birthright by Mark Waid!

Stitch

Stitch

Kingdom Come is excellent. I kinda want to see Brandon Routh in a live action adaptation.

Wweyland

Wweyland

Reading Star Wars Legends Epic Collection: The Original Marvel Years Vol. 2.
Anyone else have these?

Cosmic Incubation

Cosmic Incubation

Quote from: First Blood on Mar 05, 2023, 08:52:10 PMExcellent choices. I've started a Superman re-read myself. Starting with Superman: The Man of Steel HC Volume One by John Byrne.

You should definitely seek out Superman by Grant Morrison and Superman by Peter J. Tomasi and Patrick Gleeson. Also Superman Birthright by Mark Waid!

Thanks for the recommendations! I'll keep my eye out for those next, when im out shopping for comics.

I have to say that I also really enjoyed the newest Superman #1 that DC launched for Dawn of DC. Glad there's a fresh jumping on point and I think I may add it to my pull-list for a while!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed