NECA Predator Figure Series

Started by Sabres21768, Dec 04, 2010, 06:10:40 AM

Author
NECA Predator Figure Series (Read 1,218,915 times)

Master

Master

Zenstoren

Zenstoren

If I could pick any predators from any movie that I wanted NECA to make, it'd be AvP. So I'm really excited too!

I just hope they stick to schedule this year... It's been over 2 years since we first saw the initial sculpts.

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

The NECA AvP figures are long over-due for a release. Enough of the Classic Predator remolds! I want the AVP Predators!

Darth-Predator

Darth-Predator

I just opened my Bad Blood figure. Any one know what the little black stick-like accessory is for?

mrdecepticonleader

It is a dreadlock. Someone pulls it off of him in the comic.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

I got the new wave and Bad Blood, they're pretty cool.

I think I like Viper Predator the most, and mostly for his mask. it's super-cool and fits on his face really securely, and the inside of it is even sculpted with a ton of details and stuff. It's pretty great.

I don't know how happy I am with Elder v2. Like, having the corrected shoulder cannon is neat, but the head on mine pops off all the time (and looks to be too dark, it's much darker than the v1 head) and the flintlock pistol doesn't look as detailed - with the v1, you could read the 1715 inscription, and with the v2 one you can't, which is kind of a letdown.
I mean yeah having more articulation is cool and all, but I always had my Elder standing in a neutral pose anyway so I'm not sure how much I care. It's cool that he got re-released for people who didn't get him the first time around, but I'm not sure he was worth double-dipping on.

Bad Blood is cool, but I can't figure out how to make the severed heads hang on his belt and I feel mega-dumb. Also the "detached dreadlock" is a pretty goofy accessory. Like, what's the point? No one can hold it, it doesn't store anywhere, and it's so tiny that it's bound to get misplaced at a moment's notice.
The forehead tattoo on mine is painted a little light so it's hard to see - I've seen it painted better on others I've seen in reviews online, so that's kind of unfortunate.

I dig the Enforcer, and he's juuuuuuuuuuust different enough from Anytime that I don't feel totally horrible about getting a near repaint. I like how his armor is super-clean and shiny and chromed out, it does a good job of matching the comic book design.

The Shuriken

The Shuriken

I hope NECA continues to use the new AVP bodies well beyond Scar, Celtic, and Chopper. Wouldn't mind seeing some Concrete Jungle figures made.

Scarface, ritual armor, and the Dark Blade clan would all be welcomed additions to me. And the 2010 AVP Predators would be neat as well.

The Shuriken

The Shuriken

Finally, some focus on the AVP line. NECA Studio tour, AVP segment begins close to the 2 minute mark.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FylHK0jM5ZM#ws

The most unloved and hated Predator/Alien movie (not by me mind you), is getting such great care and attention to its merchandise. Customizing the Predators? That's badass.

It sounds to me, by their choice words of movie accurate, that Celtic and Chopper won't come with plasma casters. Unlike the McFarlane Celtic. So with the customization idea they're going, if you want guns for Celtic and Chopper, you'll need to get 2 extra Scar Predators. Just my theory though, I love the whole idea really. Definitely hypes me up big time.

skull-splitter

skull-splitter

I'd love to see a NECA version of the Hasbro clan leader...

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: skull-splitter on Dec 20, 2014, 03:28:51 PM
I'd love to see a NECA version of the Hasbro clan leader...
Kenner, you mean.

I'd love to see NECA interpretations of all of the old Kenner toys.

Doktor Wunderbar

Some of them, certainly.  Any particular favorites?

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Stalker Predator (with GLOW IN THE DARK) is at the top of my list.

I'd also love to see Spiked Tail and the Clan Leader as well.

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Xenomrph on Dec 21, 2014, 07:36:29 AM
Clan Leader as well.

Agreed! As long as they don't make him a Super Predator.

MrSpaceJockey

MrSpaceJockey

Quote from: The Shuriken on Dec 17, 2014, 09:17:53 PM
Finally, some focus on the AVP line. NECA Studio tour, AVP segment begins close to the 2 minute mark.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FylHK0jM5ZM#ws

The most unloved and hated Predator/Alien movie (not by me mind you), is getting such great care and attention to its merchandise. Customizing the Predators? That's badass.

It sounds to me, by their choice words of movie accurate, that Celtic and Chopper won't come with plasma casters. Unlike the McFarlane Celtic. So with the customization idea they're going, if you want guns for Celtic and Chopper, you'll need to get 2 extra Scar Predators. Just my theory though, I love the whole idea really. Definitely hypes me up big time.

Looks absolutely sweet.

The Shuriken

The Shuriken

So I asked NECA on Twitter if they will use the new AVP bodies for future Predators, they said no. Because different Predators have different builds and what not. Kinda bummed me out, but either way, I'm still super hyped for the AVP series and the added POA. I hope that IF NECA makes figures from the 2010 AVP game, they use these new sculpts. I've always seen those Predators as being similar to Scar, Celtic, and Chopper.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed