NECA Predator Figure Series

Started by Sabres21768, Dec 04, 2010, 06:10:40 AM

Author
NECA Predator Figure Series (Read 1,217,744 times)

blood.

blood.

random pic

tomaz.riznar

tomaz.riznar

I was wondering; is it just me or am I the only one unsatisfied with the Predators movie line. Bodies are smaller than the P2 series, there are almost no ball-joints, there is a V-crotch etc. As far as I know, Mr. Black should be the tallest Predator ever, but he is one of the smallest ??? Doing all the repaints and new sculpts, is it that difficult to remake the old series of Predators and make them more decent looking? I removed them from my shelf because they don`t fit with the others. I was disappointed with the 25-th anniversary as well; compare it to the P2 and you`ll see that his arms are shorter, his torso is shorter, there is no ball-joint in the torso... The only good thing IMO is the absence of V-crotch. And the paintjob. Other than that... I don`t like it that much. But I would if it was proper made.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: tomaz.riznar on Feb 08, 2014, 05:51:53 PM
I was wondering; is it just me or am I the only one unsatisfied with the Predators movie line. Bodies are smaller than the P2 series, there are almost no ball-joints, there is a V-crotch etc. As far as I know, Mr. Black should be the tallest Predator ever, but he is one of the smallest ??? Doing all the repaints and new sculpts, is it that difficult to remake the old series of Predators and make them more decent looking? I removed them from my shelf because they don`t fit with the others. I was disappointed with the 25-th anniversary as well; compare it to the P2 and you`ll see that his arms are shorter, his torso is shorter, there is no ball-joint in the torso... The only good thing IMO is the absence of V-crotch. And the paintjob. Other than that... I don`t like it that much. But I would if it was proper made.
To be fair, the Predators line was made before the Predator 2 line was announced, let alone the new Predator body/articulation that's used throughout the P2 line.

I wouldn't be surprised if we got new Predators figures somewhere down the line when NECA is running out of ways to milk the fans for more money. :P

Requiem28

Requiem28

Quote from: Xenomrph on Feb 09, 2014, 05:33:57 AM
Quote from: tomaz.riznar on Feb 08, 2014, 05:51:53 PM
To be fair, the Predators line was made before the Predator 2 line was announced, let alone the new Predator body/articulation that's used throughout the P2 line.

I wouldn't be surprised if we got new Predators figures somewhere down the line when NECA is running out of ways to milk the fans for more money. :P

Thisius.

PRJ_since1990

PRJ_since1990

What I would like is for them to go back and redo the Predalien and Wolf from AvPR. The fixed stance thing... limited articulation... and (what was it) 6 (?) versions of the Predator? I'd like to see modern 7in double jointed versions. How about spring-loaded mouth articulation for both? That'd be sweet.

We know we're getting Dallas, Dog Alien, the Queen, probably a couple more 2 packs for the Aliens line. For the Predator, we know there are still the AvP Predators, the Kenner tributes, and who know what else. If they can get the rights for human characters, then they can continue making the figures. But at some point, unless more movies are made, they're going to be out of characters. 

tomaz.riznar

tomaz.riznar

I think AVP is getting a remake. I`ve seen a picture of a Scar Predator`s torso, so they are probably going to make the AVP1 series first and then consider (re)making the Requiem figures afterwards. After that, we might get some Predators series remake, since we figured it out, they are a bit "rusty" compared to their newer brothers. What still bothers me and I think it will stay that way is the P1. This one is probably not getting remade and I don`t really know why are they still avoiding the use of a new molds. I have both P1 water emergence (which is the most recent one) and P2 Scout which is far more proportional. P1 is shorter, his body is shorter, his arms are shorter and his legs are longer. Why didn`t they use a P2 body instead of outdated P1, I don`t know. Moreover, the Hive Predator is a mix of P1 and P2, but uses a P1 torso which only has a swivel joint in hips. Why oh why?

I am not much of a fan of Hot Toys figures because they simply stand too tall and some of them look like dolls, but the height of Mr. Black is probably accurate:

Sabres21768

Sabres21768

Neca posted this teaser of their Bad Blood Predator figure on twitter.

Requiem28

Requiem28

Bad Blood?  Oh hell yes!

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Bad Blood? As in from the Dark Horse storyline?

HELL YEAH!!

Six-String-Samurai

Six-String-Samurai

Shut up and take my money! Looks like its based on the Dark horse Bad blood. I'm excited ;D

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Awwwwww yissssssssssss

Master

Master

I like all those skulls the most. I hope he`ll ahve all of those.

PRJ_since1990

PRJ_since1990

Sweet yo! That means they'll probably make both Preds from the story.

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

I wonder when Hot Toys will make that Goddamn Prometheus line they talked about.

IrateMulletMan

IrateMulletMan

New Predator figures @ Toy Fair 2014:

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed