NECA Predator Figure Series

Started by Sabres21768, Dec 04, 2010, 06:10:40 AM

Author
NECA Predator Figure Series (Read 1,218,488 times)

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

I did a mini-review of that guy in the "your collection" thread fairly recently.

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

I agree about his stylized design being cool. I always kind of had the head-canon that he was one of the white Hybrids from DotS.

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

I would love to see them do Clan Leader from the Kenner line.

As long as they don't make him a Black Super Predator..  :-\

-Rakai'Thwei

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

I remember another NECA sneak peek pic hinted heavily at Scavage Predator being another of the Kenner homage figures (since he'd basically be a Nightstorm repaint), so that's 2 of the 3 in the wave identified.

I'm desperately hoping for a GLOW IN THE DARK Stalker Predator. NECA already did a glow in the dark Robocop retro homage, so I wouldn't put it past them.

Sabres21768

Sabres21768

Quote from: Xenomrph on Dec 29, 2013, 06:15:31 AM
I remember another NECA sneak peek pic hinted heavily at Scavage Predator being another of the Kenner homage figures (since he'd basically be a Nightstorm repaint), so that's 2 of the 3 in the wave identified.

I'm desperately hoping for a GLOW IN THE DARK Stalker Predator. NECA already did a glow in the dark Robocop retro homage, so I wouldn't put it past them.

I'd put money on the third one being Broken Tusk since it's just a repaint of the Lava Planet Pred.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Yeah, that would pretty much complete my "low hanging fruit" prediction from earlier in the thread.

IrateMulletMan

IrateMulletMan

Crappy photo, but my order finally arrived. Armored Borg I'd say lives up to the hype, but I was so hoping they'd fix his damn elbow joints.  Basically rendered inoperable.  But, can't have it all I suppose. 

Shadow

Shadow

as nice as homages are, i honestly start to loose my interest in the line. they should make those remaining few film based preds before they milk out what they can do with repaints, right now they are kind of milking out the kenner theme and pushing AvP further back. at first the first kenner wave was an ok break, but i never hoped that they would continue this many before AvP happens ><

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: Mickey on Jan 03, 2014, 04:13:45 AM
Crappy photo, but my order finally arrived. Armored Borg I'd say lives up to the hype, but I was so hoping they'd fix his damn elbow joints.  Basically rendered inoperable.  But, can't have it all I suppose. 

Where did you order from? I ordered from BigBadToyStore.com and have gotten no indication that my order's been filled. :(

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Xenomrph on Jan 03, 2014, 09:27:53 PM
Where did you order from? I ordered from BigBadToyStore.com and have gotten no indication that my order's been filled. :(

I myself order my stuff from BigBadToyStore as well, and so far I haven't been notified that the orders have shipped.

-Rakai'Thwei

IrateMulletMan

IrateMulletMan

Quote from: Shadow on Jan 03, 2014, 08:15:13 PM
as nice as homages are, i honestly start to loose my interest in the line. they should make those remaining few film based preds before they milk out what they can do with repaints, right now they are kind of milking out the kenner theme and pushing AvP further back. at first the first kenner wave was an ok break, but i never hoped that they would continue this many before AvP happens ><

Honestly, I'm with you on this. Well, I'm not bored with the line by any means, I quite like the Kenner and Dead End stuff, but I definitely think they should focus on getting out all of the film Predators before going hard on all the EU Preds. Not saying they should do waves and waves of movie stuff either, but mix it up a little.  Maybe a Kenner Predator, AVP Predator and something like the armored Borg, or two Kenner Predators and one film Predator, instead of doing entire waves of them.  But, as long as we get them, I guess we can't complain in the end. 

Quote from: Xenomrph on Jan 03, 2014, 09:27:53 PM
Quote from: Mickey on Jan 03, 2014, 04:13:45 AM

I used Toywiz.com, said they would be shipping in January, for once they were right.  I ordered a second set of Borg and Wasp for a friend off eBay, a seller named Kokomotoys had the whole wave, as well as the Kenner wave, on sale for $16(Wasp and Thermal Dutch), $14(Borg) and $12.80 or something like that for each of the Kenner Predators.  If you can still cancel your orders, I'd look into the seller.  He combined the shipping for both figures, and it actually cost less than it was to ship one figure(Around $7 for one, $6.40 or something for both.).

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

I just checked his store, looks like he doesn't have the Wasp wave anymore. :(

Edit-- ahahaha the packaging for the Wasp Predator namedrops the old Kenner "Blade Fighter" vehicle, I love it.

Edit again-- so if there were 4 Predators on-screen in Batman: Dead End, and we've seen figures of 3 of them (Albino was an off-screen design), can we still expect one more? I don't even know what the last one looks like off the top of my head.

Master

Master

There is one looking exactly like P2 with facny sword thing. Fourth one (IIRC) is the one fighitn Batman which looks like P1.

While we are at it, could you post here a link to hd version of dead end?

Mister Skeezler

Mister Skeezler

If they're going to continue with the EU stuff, I'd really like a Machiko figure.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: Mister Skeezler on Jan 07, 2014, 03:17:04 AM
If they're going to continue with the EU stuff, I'd really like a Machiko figure.
Technically, Hot Toys already did a Machiko figure. :)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed