NECA Predator Figure Series

Started by Sabres21768, Dec 04, 2010, 06:10:40 AM

Author
NECA Predator Figure Series (Read 1,217,743 times)

SiL

SiL

I got the Nightstorm Predator today. Terrible, terrible paint job (It honestly looks like blue paint dripped on him while they were working and they couldn't be arsed cleaning it off) and the staff doesn't even fit in the hand, but dammit, his mask goes on and off.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Sounds like you got a dud. :(

SiL

SiL

I don't see how the staff could ever fit in the hand. It's sculpted much too tight to ever fit anything, and the paint, oh the paint. I'll have to find photos of others to compare.

EDIT

Yeah, the paint's meant to look like that. The staff is, apparently, actually supposed to fit in his hand, but it feels like his fingers would snap if I tried.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

I did have to pry the hand open a little bit to get him to hold it, but his hand curled back around the staff without a problem once I let go. It's not like I was bending his fingers out straight or anything, just enough to slip the staff into his grasp.

It's something I've seen with a lot of action figures over the years, so I guess I just kind of rolled with it when I had to do it with Nightstorm. I can totally understand the apprehension of possibly breaking him, though.
I didn't personally do this, but you can "soften" up his hand a little bit by running it under hot water for a bit or going at it with a hairdryer very briefly.

SiL

SiL

His fingers are really, really inflexible. I'll need to soften him up if I ever want him to hold the staff (Which, honestly, is no biggy: The handguard on the grip fits around his wrist pretty snug, keeping it in place anyway).

PRJ_since1990

PRJ_since1990

Anyone gotten their hands on the latest series? Anything to report?

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

Quote from: PRJ_since1990 on Dec 22, 2013, 06:28:08 AM

Nothing yet. I'm tempted to pick up the battle armor lost predator's from the NECA store but it if my store gets them in before they let me go for the season I'll be able to get a discount on them. They aren't even on the TRU website yet though so I don't think they've reached the warehouses just yet.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: PRJ_since1990 on Dec 22, 2013, 06:28:08 AM
is it out? I haven't gotten any notification from BBTS about my preorder yet.

mathewjohn365

mathewjohn365

Someone on Neca's twitter feed just posted these. It's not mine and I have no idea where they live.  Neca's shipping calendar states series 11 shipped out on December 20.

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

I need the armored lost predator in my life.

Sabres21768

Sabres21768

Neca just posted this teaser for a new upcoming Kenner tribute Pred figure.

Master

Master

So any one knows which one is it?

Sabres21768

Sabres21768

It's the Renegade Predator from the old Kenner Alien vs Predator 2 pack.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Hellllllllllllll yes.

Kinda as predicted, they're going for the low-hanging fruit. It'll be a Jungle Predator repaint/retool.

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

I wish they'd do a Night Recon Predator figure, complete with absurdly elongated head.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed