NECA Predator Figure Series

Started by Sabres21768, Dec 04, 2010, 06:10:40 AM

Author
NECA Predator Figure Series (Read 1,218,635 times)

Master

Master

Aww f**k, f**k, f**k. I don't want avp preds in 2016, I want them now.

Leventa24

Leventa24

They do a series about every 3 months so there should be 4 series in 2014, which means that they will be out in Fall and Winter of 2014.

Tribal

Tribal

Quote from: Leventa24 on Nov 11, 2013, 08:59:57 PM

As most of us know, the improved Elder will most likely be in Series 12.
-
If I read the post correctly we can also look forward to "2 more awesome surprise additions to the line". Whether he means the two other figures that will be in Series 12 or something else is up to interpretation.

Yep, at least these two wont be "versions" like battle damaged or cloacked  ;)

NECA: 2 new characters never offered before heading your way in S12

cant wait

8)

Master

Master

Quote from: Leventa24 on Nov 11, 2013, 10:23:45 PM
They do a series about every 3 months so there should be 4 series in 2014, which means that they will be out in Fall and Winter of 2014.

I'm aware I was exaggerating on perpous. Still in my country they'll be in first half of 2015. I'm just sick of waiting in favour of some half assed Kenner-like turds.

Sabres21768

Sabres21768

A lot of us like the Kenner tributes

Master

Master

Cool, I bet most of you had kenners back in the day. For me they are nothing special, mostly gimmick figures (some better some worse) that I have no emotional relation with. If neca want to produce those, then by all means do it. Just make those as different series not interfering with movie figures.

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

As much as I want a Celtic figure, the Kenner homages have way more personality and presence on a shelf

PRJ_since1990

PRJ_since1990

Quote from: Master on Nov 12, 2013, 03:57:28 PM
Cool, I bet most of you had kenners back in the day. For me they are nothing special, mostly gimmick figures (some better some worse) that I have no emotional relation with. If neca want to produce those, then by all means do it. Just make those as different series not interfering with movie figures.
I didn't. They're new to me. I believe they can't since it's still a Predator license and they're producing them one Series at a time.

Besides, it makes better business sense to make sure the figures are up to par, build hype on the next set, and sell them to retailers/distributors in bulk. In theory, you'll maximize profits and be able to judge how well a similar set will sell instead of putting all their cards on the table and trying to rush out multiple Series simultaneously. After going to my local TRU and only finding 2 out of the 3 Kenner figures (which I promptly purchased), the dedicated space on the shelf isn't there for more than 1 series at a time. There was only one peg and it still had Jungle Disguise Dutch x2 on it.  >:(

Leventa24

Leventa24

Quote from: Master on Nov 12, 2013, 03:57:28 PM

Just so long as you realize you are in the minority. Many of the people who collect NECA Predators have been ecstatic about these figures.

Master

Master

Yes, I know that`s why I used "for me". I hope those new figures from series 12 are more interesting.

Jace Madan

Jace Madan

Since the AvP waves are getting pushed back to series 14 and 15, I'd imagine the updated Wolf Pred will get pushed back too. On twitter they said that they have planned up to series 15.

It looks like the following are planned and will be released by NECA:

-Series 12: Elder 2.0, and according to twitter :"2 new characters never offered before heading your way in S12"

-Series 13: Most likely another wave of Kenner tribute figs

-Series 14: AvP Preds wave 1

-Series 15: AvP Preds wave 2

That still leaves Wolf, and tons of comic/videogame Preds they can still make.

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

As far as video games are concerned they should really consider getting the AVP 2010 license for their Predators and Colonial Marine lines.
Specifically the bottom 2 Predators, Spartan, Lord, and maybe Stalker.

Marines I'd Say Van Zandt, Rookie, Tequila and maybe Kaneko

But they could do any of the marines or predators from that game and I'd be happy. Lot of characters to choose from and all they would "basically" have to do for the marines or the predators is sculpt different heads for the pre-existing body/armor molds they have.

PRJ_since1990

PRJ_since1990

Quote from: JokersWarPig on Nov 13, 2013, 01:46:40 PM
As far as video games are concerned they should really consider getting the AVP 2010 license for their Predators and Colonial Marine lines.
Specifically the bottom 2 Predators, Spartan, Lord, and maybe Stalker.

Marines I'd Say Van Zandt, Rookie, Tequila and maybe Kaneko

But they could do any of the marines or predators from that game and I'd be happy. Lot of characters to choose from and all they would "basically" have to do for the marines or the predators is sculpt different heads for the pre-existing body/armor molds they have.
That's very true! Send a tweet to NECA's twitter and ask them. Personally, I'd like to see the Alien-mask Pred. Of the DLC I liked that one the most.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

If they were to make the Marines "game accurate", they'd require completely new bodies - the Marine armor in AvP2010 wasn't the same as what was in 'Aliens'.

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

Quote from: Xenomrph on Nov 14, 2013, 01:40:50 AM
If they were to make the Marines "game accurate", they'd require completely new bodies - the Marine armor in AvP2010 wasn't the same as what was in 'Aliens'.

Yeah, but its similar enough I'd imagine they wouldn't bother resculpting anything

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed