NECA Predator Figure Series

Started by Sabres21768, Dec 04, 2010, 06:10:40 AM

Author
NECA Predator Figure Series (Read 1,218,124 times)

Master

Master

QuoteJust think of it this way...if Dutch walked down the street, you'd think he was badass. If Harrigan walked down the street, you wouldn't even notice him.

Looks kinda Badass to me.

QuoteIf Carl Wethers wasn't in Predator, I'd say he would have been perfect. And I like that they used someone of color for P2. Do I have the solution for this miscasting? Admittedly not, but I do feel the role was miscast.

My question was about possible choices. Arnie turned the role down, and the other possible actor I heard was considered was Swayze.

For me Glover works.  I buy him as a best cop L.A. has to offer.

----Edit----

I just found this:

https://www.figurerealm.com/viewcustomfigure.php?FID=42949

Say what you want, I`d love to have tis guy!

Mister Skeezler

Mister Skeezler

Or...

Granted, Danny Glover's look may be partially compromised by the crappy fashions of the early '90s, but I still remember thinking he was a sub-par follow up to Arnold at the time of the movie's release.

But honestly man, at the end of the day, it's my opinion. Some people agree with it, some don't. Do I like Danny Glover? Sure, I think he's great. I find him to be a very likable actor, and I even like him in Predator 2. But my opinion is that he's not the best fit. Do I have a list of African American action stars that were in awesome shape in 1990 and would have been better choices for Harrigan? Nope. I'm sure I discussed it—ad nauseum—with my friends...in 1991. At this point I can't really think of anyone. Maybe Wesley Snipes? Though I don't think he was old enough at the time.

And listen, anyone is going to look badass with a bullet-proof vest and machine gun. Hell, my three-month old daughter would look badass. The question is, who looks badass without a gun.

Even Dutch at the beginning of the movie...

...looks more badass than Danny Glover in the picture you posted.

(Mods: Just let us know if we're getting too off-topic, or if this discussion can be broken out and moved to the Predator Movies section)

Inner Jaw

Inner Jaw

Quote from: Master on Apr 27, 2013, 09:17:34 AM
That`s strange. I don`t recall such pred from Batman Dead End. Actually I`m watching it right now and can`t see it.

I thought the same thing. The albino predator was cut from the final "film". He only appears in the out takes and behind the scenes. They built 5, but they only show 4 in the film: The classic batman kills, then Big red flanked by another classic in yellow, and blood splattered city hunter from Predator 2. I'm guessing the "skull related" accessory will be the alien skull on a spear? hurm....

IrateMulletMan

IrateMulletMan

Quote from: Inner Jaw on Apr 30, 2013, 03:59:08 AM
Quote from: Master on Apr 27, 2013, 09:17:34 AM
That`s strange. I don`t recall such pred from Batman Dead End. Actually I`m watching it right now and can`t see it.

I thought the same thing. The albino predator was cut from the final "film". He only appears in the out takes and behind the scenes. They built 5, but they only show 4 in the film: The classic batman kills, then Big red flanked by another classic in yellow, and blood splattered city hunter from Predator 2. I'm guessing the "skull-like" accessory will be the alien skull on a spear? hurm....

Pretty sure Neca said no spear or alien head with this one.  Real shame, that'd look cool on the shelf.

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

I wonder what stuff he will come with, obviously it has the wrist blades, I'll pick one or 2 up if he has a plasma caster. Providing I can find one that is

Greyback

Greyback

I think Danny Glover make a good Job in Predator.
Okay, he is not so cool as Dutch, but Dutch is a mercenary in the jungle, played by Schwarzenegger.

Glovers problem is the bad fashion of the early 90`s and the exaggerations in Predator 2.
The many drugged gangs, the very annoying reporters.

The ideal lokk for a Harrington figure was the battle damage look with the cutting disc and the Elder flintlook.

slaysaliens

slaysaliens

Just to throw my 2 cents on the thread here:

I like the Harrigan character and I really enjoy the dynamic b/w Maria Conchita Alonso, Ruben, & Bill Paxton.  Hell, the Tony Pope was done just enough, reminded me of the perfect amount of Joe Pesci in Lethal Weapon 2.

As for NECA, I love them and the fact that Randy is sooo passionate about the lines and the accuracy.  BUT, his dislike of the Harrigan character is clouding the FACT that they have made the most complete line of Lost Predators, City Hunters, Skulls, and a major Trophy Wall Diorama for PREDATOR 2 and they are PURPOSELY omitting the KEY human hero character in that film = Danny Glover's portrayal of Lt. Harrigan. 

I don't get it.  I'd buy him in a heartbeat.  He's more integral to finishing the line than any other character in my opinion b/c they've put more effort into Predator 2 than any other Predator movie. 

Sexy Poot

Sexy Poot

Predator Queen

Predator Queen

Quote from: Master on Apr 29, 2013, 08:05:10 PM
QuoteJust think of it this way...if Dutch walked down the street, you'd think he was badass. If Harrigan walked down the street, you wouldn't even notice him.

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110306051020/hohrpgseries/images/b/b8/Michael_Harrigan_%28S4-S1%29.jpg

Looks kinda Badass to me.

QuoteIf Carl Wethers wasn't in Predator, I'd say he would have been perfect. And I like that they used someone of color for P2. Do I have the solution for this miscasting? Admittedly not, but I do feel the role was miscast.

My question was about possible choices. Arnie turned the role down, and the other possible actor I heard was considered was Swayze.

For me Glover works.  I buy him as a best cop L.A. has to offer.

----Edit----

I just found this:

https://www.figurerealm.com/viewcustomfigure.php?FID=42949

https://www.figurerealm.com/userimages/customs/43000/42949-2.jpg
https://www.figurerealm.com/userimages/customs/43000/42949-3.jpg
https://www.figurerealm.com/userimages/customs/43000/42949-1.jpg
https://www.figurerealm.com/userimages/customs/43000/42949-4.jpg

Say what you want, I`d love to have tis guy!

He looks...strange... but then again I find a lot of human characters as toys ...strange looking.

Raiden

Raiden

Yeah, they made lots of human characters from other film franchises and why not come a Dillon or harrigan? I think these African American would certainly sell better than those clown or the pinhead which I certainly won't buy.

Master

Master

I think I`ts a matter of time really. They said they won`t do AvP preds, now they changed their mind.

Greyback

Greyback

Hm, im relly worry about the AVP line.
I read on twitter that Randy is not a Fan of AVP and he will "inprove the Design".

What he mean ?

When Neca change the body proportions than they a really bad company. Now Neca can say that they make very accurate Alien and Predator figures. But when they change the AVP Preds this is over.

I find this really arrogant to change the Design of the AVP makers. I understand that some people dont like the AVP Design, but the AVP Fans have a right on their preds. AVp are beefy and bulky,that is what they are.

Raiden

Raiden

I found Mcfarlane's Elder and Celtic extremely attractive, I already owned them, and in my opinion they are the most attractive preds figure of this 1/12 scale ever made. I have to say their details and accessories really impressed me. (The weak joints that could be easily broken also annoyed me)The dagger they had are just sweet and their control panels can be opened, which NECA ones never will )
. I am not saying Neca's preds are no good, but they just keep repeat and repeat of the same mold, the wolf pred( Full armament version)is the most attractive pred for me in NECA 's line, but its weird posture just make me sick.

Sexy Poot

Sexy Poot

Quote from: Greyback on May 01, 2013, 01:15:30 PM
Hm, im relly worry about the AVP line.
I read on twitter that Randy is not a Fan of AVP and he will "inprove the Design".

What he mean ?

When Neca change the body proportions than they a really bad company. Now Neca can say that they make very accurate Alien and Predator figures. But when they change the AVP Preds this is over.

I find this really arrogant to change the Design of the AVP makers. I understand that some people dont like the AVP Design, but the AVP Fans have a right on their preds. AVp are beefy and bulky,that is what they are.

Basically yeah, they're gonna change the proportions to be what they should have been in the first place. I wouldn't mind if Celtic kept the body mass tho.

Greyback

Greyback

What is going on in their heads only ?

AVP with thinner body are not AVP.

I hope enough people criticize this very stupid decision.
This is not fair towards the AVP fans. Neca have the chance to make more accurate AVP Preds than Mcfarlane.

The bad irony is, that Neca says for months they can make a better job on AVP than Hot Toys.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed