NECA Predator Figure Series

Started by Sabres21768, Dec 04, 2010, 06:10:40 AM

Author
NECA Predator Figure Series (Read 1,218,975 times)

XENOMORPHOSIS

XENOMORPHOSIS

Many regard this game as a mixed bag, Stone Heart is disturbing brutal addition to Bad blood yautja lore, you could say a kind of precursor to the Upgrade Predator. Didn't the detail of Hunter Borgia extracting Predator blood and absorbing forming himself as a hybrid it get carried over into the dlc plot of Predator Hunting grounds? Though with less erratic mutations, trough simile but not to the degree Alien Resurrection took the hybridised humanoid creatures concept.

bobby brown

bobby brown

If that happened, I would smash my copy of the game.

SuperiorIronman

SuperiorIronman

It did carry over into Hunting Grounds to explain how Dutch was still active in 2025. Though Dutch didn't have nearly the same response as Hunter Borgia though we could assume that their infusions had different context.

Hunter and Stoneheart could totally have worked in Hunting Grounds. Hunter wanting access to the technology and being as bad if not worse than Stargazer. You could absolutely have a lore drop about how Dutch doesn't think too highly of him, and maybe figures out he's only working with the OWLF to gain access to tech and indulge in his bloodlust. Stoneheart could be contextually how he met Hunter. Capturing him during operations with Voodoo and discreetly sending him back to his own company.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

To be fair...all that came from the comics originally anyway.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Quote from: bobby brown on Jun 03, 2023, 09:14:49 PMIf that happened, I would smash my copy of the game.

If what happened exactly? Which game?

bobby brown

bobby brown

If they referenced Predator concrete jungle in Hunting Grounds, especially with all that mutant hybrid shit.

PAS Spinelli

PAS Spinelli

PHG already has worse lore, they say that all Predators are a bunch of idiots that hardly know how to use their own tech because they stole it all from their slavers

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Concrete Jungle is cool and good.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Concrete Jungle is dumb as shit, but it has way more artistic merit than Hunting Grounds.

bobby brown

bobby brown

I don't know guys, Havent really dug into the lore in Hunting Grounds,(since it referenced Stargazer and shit, I kinda checked out) But I found the gameplay fantastic! I can BE a predator (that I designed) and hunt an actual group of players. it's the ultimate predator game.

Predator CJ I just despise. especially the final boss.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

I am not saying Concrete Jungle is any good in gameplay terms but it is whole, as it was when it released, and it really went for it.

As for Predator Hunting Grounds, if only it had anything else going for it. The "guest star" (Arnold Schwarzenegger, Jake Busy, Michelle Rodriguez) stuff's very cool, but the artificial intelligence's utterly brain dead, for everything done right in terms of how it feels what will it be when you can not get a match anymore?

What a f**king waste.

SuperiorIronman

SuperiorIronman

Quote from: PAS Spinelli on Jun 05, 2023, 07:46:18 PMPHG already has worse lore, they say that all Predators are a bunch of idiots that hardly know how to use their own tech because they stole it all from their slavers

They really could've done a lot of cool shit with the Amengi in the lore and we got next to nothing with it.

Xiggz456

Xiggz456

Found the Ultimate Elder at Target yesterday! Feels real good to have the completed Lost Tribe set since I missed out on it the first time around!

On the lore side Greyback's blurb covered his first encounter with pirates along with the events from P2.

Lastly the artwork on the box is a decent enough illustration of Greyback although it's clear that the background is a photoshopped image of the trophy wall which kinda gave me Larroca flashbacks.

The Shuriken

The Shuriken

Quote from: PAS Spinelli on Jun 05, 2023, 07:46:18 PMPHG already has worse lore, they say that all Predators are a bunch of idiots that hardly know how to use their own tech because they stole it all from their slavers

Yeah that was definitely an eyebrow raiser for me. Everything we have seen in all forms of media contradict it. I just ignore it.

PAS Spinelli

PAS Spinelli

I really like the stuff you can do in Concrete jungle, even if the how is clunky
Also, I really like the story, it's very over the top and goofy at parts, but just the right amounts it should be for me, tweak parts of it and it could be adapted into a pretty good series/comic book

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed