Theory about the BACKBURSTER

Started by CainsSon, Feb 14, 2017, 10:38:53 PM

Author
Theory about the BACKBURSTER (Read 3,577 times)

Infected

Infected

I dont see the connection, it comes through the back yes, but our spines doesnt have spikes on it,
so no i dont agree on the theory.
The spore enters the body, and all it needs is a host, why would it need the spine of a human to grow?
I dont think the neomorph growth/birth is limited by needing some of the hosts bone structure.
I think the horror is there when it breaks through your spine/back, i dont think Ridley went that way of using the human skeleton,
he just used a different bursting method.

Ingwar

Ingwar

Quote from: Infected on Feb 15, 2017, 11:23:41 AM
I dont see the connection, it comes through the back yes, but our spines doesnt have spikes on it,
so no i dont agree on the theory.
The spore enters the body, and all it needs is a host, why would it need the spine of a human to grow?
I dont think the neomorph growth/birth is limited by needing some of the hosts bone structure.
I think the horror is there when it breaks through your spine/back, i dont think Ridley went that way of using the human skeleton,
he just used a different bursting method.

Agree. Neomorph wants to simply get out of its host. That's all.

Let's pretend that we accept the theory for the sake of that conversation What if neomorph comes through humans genitals and/or anus? Then what? This is ridiculous :)

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Quote from: Ingwar on Feb 15, 2017, 11:53:30 AM
Let's pretend that we accept the theory for the sake of that conversation What if neomorph comes through humans genitals and/or anus? Then what? This is ridiculous :)
I don't think the alien cares what holes it invades or nest in. Through we should be happy Ridley isn't going anywhere near those.

Ingwar

Ingwar

Quote from: whiterabbit on Feb 15, 2017, 12:03:32 PM
I don't think the alien cares what holes it invades or nest in. Through we should be happy Ridley isn't going anywhere near those.

Of curse neomorph doesn't care (according to the spoilers) which way it's getting out of its host. This spine-theory doesn't make any sense.

Pvt. Himmel

Pvt. Himmel

Quote from: Enoch on Feb 15, 2017, 12:19:35 AM
I think that is the case!!!

I think you may be right. Enoch. :)

FreeFacehugz

FreeFacehugz

I said pretty much the same thing last month...

Quote from: FreeFacehugz on Jan 08, 2017, 11:22:24 AM
Looking forward to the classic of course. These are my favorite movies and seeing big chap done well on screen again will be great, but...

Classic also means its what we've seen before and I'm really more interested in seeing something new brought to the table. I'm really thinking that how the Neomorphs are birthed is not gonna be just a straight "back burst". I think its gonna be more of a straight up transformation of the infected person. I think their whole spinal column is gonna rip out of their body as part of the actual creature and there's not gonna be much left of the crew member afterwards. Just check out the pic of the aftermath posted by fox themselves. Will be kind of reminiscent of what I think was an early Alien3 script where people were literally transforming into Xeno's.

juxtapose

juxtapose

o . This tiny creature is suppose to wrip a spine out. . Kill a victim and boince all over the place while dodging shotgun fire with a f**king giant spine in tow. .. .or having the spine and enards merge and morph into something and leave the body with no skeletal remains. .poor fx team that needs to design that shit. . Nah it's just a plain exit out the back. .spine gets ripped out cause it.s in the way. .little fella is eager to escape into freedom. .

D. Compton Ambrose

Studios are going to have to learn the hard way that gore and horror are not mutually exclusive. Being scared is different from being disgusted. If they are billing this as a horror film, and it turns out to not be scary, they f**ked up big time.

cliffhanger

cliffhanger

personally, i hope they're not going to show the back split open all gory. the chestbursting scene was magnificient because it was an iconic moment. also, it's gore was somewhat reduced due to the t-shirt covering up the 'gaping hole'.

i don't particularly like that we're going to see the spine break open and see it flee, to be honest. well, if we're actually gonna see that.

i think personally, the implied hurt and damage would do much more as it would force the viewer to use it's imagination and that automatically plays with your senses. If your just gonna see it, it's only going to momentarily affect the eyes, but there is no 'sense' and it won't make such impact to be honest.
it immediately blunts the whole thing away.

If you'd see like you see in the trailer, his back starting to crack, then see his face and fall to the ground and some uncomfortable sounds of bones cracking, painful screams and sounds of hurt, some blood-gushing sounds [ the sound of water squirting is a common used feat ], and seeing the absolute horror and shock on the faces of the people around, to me does a lot more then just bluntly slapping some cgi work full-on where you know it's fake either way, and then the moment passes on like nothing.

the suspense is much more intense then an actual reveal.

CainsSon

CainsSon

Quote from: FreeFacehugz on Feb 15, 2017, 07:55:47 PM
I said pretty much the same thing last month...

Quote from: FreeFacehugz on Jan 08, 2017, 11:22:24 AM
Looking forward to the classic of course. These are my favorite movies and seeing big chap done well on screen again will be great, but...

Classic also means its what we've seen before and I'm really more interested in seeing something new brought to the table. I'm really thinking that how the Neomorphs are birthed is not gonna be just a straight "back burst". I think its gonna be more of a straight up transformation of the infected person. I think their whole spinal column is gonna rip out of their body as part of the actual creature and there's not gonna be much left of the crew member afterwards. Just check out the pic of the aftermath posted by fox themselves. Will be kind of reminiscent of what I think was an early Alien3 script where people were literally transforming into Xeno's.

It MAY be that it just pushes out from behind his spine, but I really think that makes LESS sense. Those saying it makes less sense, to have the spine mutate itself, aren't thinking that if youre trying to rip out of a rib cage going THROUGH the spine doesnt make sense. Because the path of least resistance rule would send you through the ribs or even the throat. When I thought of that 'Path of least resistance' rule and the images provided by Fox are what made me think of it mutating. I could be wrong but I really think it makes more sense than physically pushing through a spine would.

Quote from: whiterabbit on Feb 15, 2017, 12:03:32 PM

I don't what you mean? We are accepting that it can burst out of everywhere and anywhere like anus and genitals, if we DON'T consider the spine mutating. If we say the SPINE is mutating, the NECK and BACK make sense and the balls and anus do not. Though I am enjoying the perversity of our conversation. Wouldn't the chestburster more likely be the variation that implies it could come OUT of anywhere. The spine mutation would imply the monsters are mutating some skeletal stuff.

Theecatindahat

1st time posting on here.

These are my thoughts I had from seeing the trailer: Seeing the spores and how they infect a crew member, it reminds me of Cordyceps fungus. The spores from the fungus infect insects, especially ants or wasps. If you look it up and see the effects that the fungus has on it's host, its quire frightening. People are saying that the backburster/neomorph has spiked appendages protruding from it's back, this reminds me of the cordyceps fungus.

CainsSon

CainsSon

Quote from: Theecatindahat on Feb 16, 2017, 10:13:17 AM
1st time posting on here.

These are my thoughts I had from seeing the trailer: Seeing the spores and how they infect a crew member, it reminds me of Cordyceps fungus. The spores from the fungus infect insects, especially ants or wasps. If you look it up and see the effects that the fungus has on it's host, its quire frightening. People are saying that the backburster/neomorph has spiked appendages protruding from it's back, this reminds me of the cordyceps fungus.

Cool. I will look that up.

Enoch

cliffhanger

cliffhanger

yep. just recently investigated about that, funny enough. very disturbing. cool and amazing, but very disturbing. haunting even.

Theecatindahat

Quote from: cliffhanger on Feb 16, 2017, 08:41:06 PM
yep. just recently investigated about that, funny enough. very disturbing. cool and amazing, but very disturbing. haunting even.

Yeah, I'm glad there's not a human equivalent. That would be the end of us all. 

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed