Upgrade vs. Fugitive - wasted opportunity

Started by happypred, Sep 17, 2018, 02:09:47 AM

Author
Upgrade vs. Fugitive - wasted opportunity (Read 8,550 times)

happypred

They should have had Fugitive try to outsmart Upgrade...perhaps even have the two of them play a bit of cat and mouse in the forest, with Fugitive kinda in Dutch's position in the first film (outmatched but using his cunning)

I feel like the fight we got was uninspired

The Wolverine Predator

Quote from: happypred on Sep 17, 2018, 02:09:47 AM
They should have had Fugitive try to outsmart Upgrade...perhaps even have the two of them play a bit of cat and mouse in the forest, with Fugitive kinda in Dutch's position in the first film (outmatched but using his cunning)

I feel like the fight we got was uninspired
The fight was definitely too short and I hated how the Fugitive Predator was not used to his full potential

happypred

5'10 180lb me is not going to rush an opponent the size of Lebron James

Fugitive came off as real stupid...it was a good chance to show a pred is capable of using its brain when outclassed

We already had a weak pred rashly rush a strong pred scene in Predators

The Wolverine Predator

Yeah, I agree, he should have led him into a chase and use his wits and survival tactics to fight him. They should have added some more scenes of the Fugitive fighting the Upgrade, I would have loved to see him escape and make a final stand setting up traps and out smarting the Upgrade

Ultramorph

^ That would have been really cool. Wish Fugitive had stuck around longer.

Samhain13

But he was there just so he would be killed by the Upgrade.  :P

That was the intention of the writers.

whiterabbit

Fugitives one job was to die at the hands of upgrade. And oh boy. He got wasted alright.

Fugitive Predator

i got a question if the 2 friendly predators was still in the movie, would the Fugitive Predator still have died here ?
i never read the earlie script so i have no idea :(

Wysps

Yes, nothing would have changed in that respect. The two friendly Predators were introduced after the Fugitive had already been killed. And they were also killed almost immediately after they were introduced.

Huggs

Quote from: Samhain13 on Sep 17, 2018, 02:30:10 AM
But he was there just so he would be killed by the Upgrade.  :P

That was the intention of the writers.

Yep. While it would've been far more entertaining for there to be some cat-and-mouse business, it simply wouldn't have been as effective for their purpose. This is the ultimate predator. The "ultimateness" of this new predator can't be questioned if he quickly and easily obliterates an opponent as historically effective and intimidating as a classic predator. Poor fugitive. Twas merely fodder for the bigger, shinier, newer model.

Fugitive Predator

Quote from: Wysps on Sep 17, 2018, 05:00:52 AM
Yes, nothing would have changed in that respect. The two friendly Predators were introduced after the Fugitive had already been killed. And they were also killed almost immediately after they were introduced.

oh okay i see, so how many scenes was cut out from the Fugitive Predator before his death ?

yautjapet

Unfortunately Fugitive was slated to die so, to a degree, his actions in that final fight can't wholly be blamed on him, if that makes sense. I'm choosing to personally interpret it that he knew he was outmatched, but he made a brave last stand to the best of his ability rather than fleeing. (Though I don't think it would be cowardly to try to draw Upgrade into a more advantageous situation, predator values are different, and like I and previous comments have said, the writers intended to kill him, so Fugitive's choices inevitably forced him into that situation.) He was definitely wasted, he was great, and it feels so obvious that it would've been more interesting to keep him around until later in the movie as a foil and foe to Upgrade.

Fugitive Predator

Quote from: yautjapet on Sep 17, 2018, 06:57:14 AM
Unfortunately Fugitive was slated to die so, to a degree, his actions in that final fight can't wholly be blamed on him, if that makes sense. I'm choosing to personally interpret it that he knew he was outmatched, but he made a brave last stand to the best of his ability rather than fleeing. (Though I don't think it would be cowardly to try to draw Upgrade into a more advantageous situation, predator values are different, and like I and previous comments have said, the writers intended to kill him, so Fugitive's choices inevitably forced him into that situation.) He was definitely wasted, he was great, and it feels so obvious that it would've been more interesting to keep him around until later in the movie as a foil and foe to Upgrade.

same thing went down in predators the classic predator got outmatched by the super predator.
but at least he put up more of a fight.

Corporal Hicks

I really think there's huge potential in Predator vs Predator but they keep executing it poorly. There's too much emphasise in trying to make the new guy come across as a bad ass. I think Black and co did a better job of making his Upgrade come across better than they did in Predators but damn, give us a longer go of the conflict.

Fugitive Predator

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 17, 2018, 08:12:15 AM
I really think there's huge potential in Predator vs Predator but they keep executing it poorly. There's too much emphasise in trying to make the new guy come across as a bad ass. I think Black and co did a better job of making his Upgrade come across better than they did in Predators but damn, give us a longer go of the conflict.

did any of the stuff that got cut have anything to do with Fugitive vs Assasin ?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed