Dan Trachtenberg To Direct New Standalone ‘Predator’ Movie ‘Badlands’ As 20th Ce

Started by MudButt, Feb 09, 2024, 06:03:51 PM

Author
Dan Trachtenberg To Direct New Standalone ‘Predator’ Movie ‘Badlands’ As 20th Ce (Read 31,234 times)

BlueMarsalis79

1990 was over thirty years ago.

Mr.Turok

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on May 01, 2024, 07:47:32 PM1990 was over thirty years ago.
AND I'm bad at math! See how awful this is doing me wrong, I can't even count proper like anymore  :'( . Please 20th Century I beg you, just make em not broken looking.

BigDaddyJohn

SiL

I don't know why it's so hard to get that the mandibles are effectively the Predators' lips and having them constantly open makes them look like mouth-breathing imbeciles.

BigDaddyJohn

Not that I want to diss ADI by any means, I love their work on A3 and on the Newborn, but their predators just aren't my thing.

SiL

The Predator got it wrong by getting them to do the body and someone else to do the armour. ADI's Predator armour and weaponry is excellent.

Corporal Hicks

For what it's worth, I really get the feeling that Dan came to understand just how controversial the design changes made to Feral were. I think he said something to that effect when we spoke to him, about them going so far and how he'd have reined that in.

The Shuriken

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 02, 2024, 10:54:12 AMFor what it's worth, I really get the feeling that Dan came to understand just how controversial the design changes made to Feral were. I think he said something to that effect when we spoke to him, about them going so far and how he'd have reined that in.

Well that's something. Hopefully things turn out better this time. But, I'll remain pessimistic, for safety reasons.

Nightmare Asylum

I'll balance the scales by remaining optimistic, since Feral was a cool dude.

Kradan

Don't listen to them, Dan. Feral was OK

Nightmare Asylum

Like I said earlier, I definitely don't want every Predator to look/act like Feral. That'd be bad both for Feral as an individual, and the presentation of the race as a whole. So I do hope that Badlands shakes things up from what Prey gave us. But not in a "course correction" sort of way. More so in a "here's another individual" sort of way.

Honestly, forums/fan groups like this are the only places I've really seen people complaining about his look, anyways. With the broader audience at large, based on what I've seen in general on the internet (where the film seems to have been a massive success with a wide audience), people seem very hot on Feral (no, not like that! Well... I'm sure some people are hot on him like that but, that is not the point I was making!).

Wysps

I thought Feral was an interesting departure, but I wouldn't want to see something like that again, just like I wouldn't want to see the Predators predators again. 

The Shuriken

Feral makes me forget Prey is supposed to be a Predator movie.

Preydator

What do you guys think, will Dan Trachtenberg choose ADI again for Badlands or will he try Studio Gillis?

Now of course he may want to work with another special effects studio, but since they loved working together (Trachtenberg, Gillis and Woodruff Jr.) I'm curious which one of the two he'd choose to work with for a second round.

Kradan

Studio Gillis IS ADI, just without Tom at the helm

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed